ryanf33

Questions about helicopter on gas station roof

I've seen a helicopter left on the roof of a gas station a few times.

My questions are:

1) How does the pilot get down safely?

2) How does one get back up on the roof to reclaim the helicopter?

Thanks! :)

He obviously logs out there to keep it safe. Dickmove. :)

• Like 3

You can refuel your chopper on the roof of a gas station. Maybe the guy logged off or got snipped and the chopper just staid there. Maybe there is a way you can glith to the roof but dont know.

• Like 1

People sometimes log out because they are dicks and it's not possible to get to without another chopper and a lucky parachute drop.

Just destroy it.

• Like 1

People sometimes log out because they are dicks and it's not possible to get to without another chopper and a lucky parachute drop.

Just destroy it.

I had considered tossing a frag grenade at it, but I wanted to make sure there was no way to get the chopper.

There is a way to get on the chopper. If you are on a base building server, get some scaffolding. If not, then you just need to get into the right place and you'll be able to get on the pilot seat. What they should have done is put it on the international hotel, because then they'd need snipers with anti-material rifles or satchels to take it down. Gas station is too low.

• Like 1

They park, then log out, shoot the Engine, don't blow it up, atleast then they have more of a dissapointment.

• Like 1

There is a way to get on the chopper. If you are on a base building server, get some scaffolding. If not, then you just need to get into the right place and you'll be able to get on the pilot seat. What they should have done is put it on the international hotel, because then they'd need snipers with anti-material rifles or satchels to take it down. Gas station is too low.

Ah, so you can glitch through the roof from below to get to the pilot's seat? Cool!

I assume this would work in reverse, to glitch down to a vehicle seat without jumping, to avoid injury.

Ah, so you can glitch through the roof from below to get to the pilot's seat? Cool!

I assume this would work in reverse, to glitch down to a vehicle seat without jumping, to avoid injury.

Well, not exactly. You don't glitch through the roof, you simply access the action through extendo-arm reach, in which when the option becomes available, the animation happens of you getting into the pilot seat, since ArmA is an animation-based game.

It's really circumstantial. There may be no way to get on the chopper, depending on how it's parked.

• Like 1

That or vault down on rubble or have two people with extra morphine and blood. Usually though, they'll just log out on the roof and fly it away afterwards, usually having parts in the gear incase someone does try to shoot it. I think the best spot would be the roof of the green montain military building. Can't get up, can't access it, is covered by trees, and people don't normally go there.

• Like 1

Using the latest technology of dayz called a "combat roll" you can up a wall onto a building and do some mlg stunts untill you combat roll onto the gs, watched a video of it but can't be bothered to search.

Just lasso it with your junk :)

Think about something pretty and you will be pulled up.

Works every time. Unless you're a girl...

In which case, depending on the week of the... gross.

Wait until they come back for it.

Then... correct their behavior.

Just lasso it with your junk :)

Think about something pretty and you will be pulled up.

Works every time. Unless you're a girl...

In which case, depending on the week of the... gross.

Jebus...

• Like 1