Sign in to follow this  
OllyHarris

Weapon modification

I was playing not a while back, and I was just roaming around with a crossbow I had found.

I was taking out zombies etc. then thought to myself, wouldn't it be awesome if I could change weapon sights, suppression etc. What originated this was the fact the Crossbow had/s very bad sights, and I have seen crossbows {IRL} that have red dot sights.

Now I'm not exactly sure if this has been made before, but I just thought it would be a nice touch. It would also make weapon accessories more interesting. I'm not thinking like just easy as that finding like a CCO sight or Scope, but I do like the idea. It would have it's limits though, like you can't make a super OP FN-FAL Scope sort of thing. Also, weapon cleaning, after being experienced with live/blank ammunition I know how fast the working parts of a rifle get dirty. I think this should effect performance of the weapon {EG: Weapon jamming etc.}. Plus you would have to find weapon cleaning kits, which would be quite valuable.

Hello there

Nice ideas, but all covered in depth already I'm afraid. Keep at it though! :)

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

Nice ideas, but all covered in depth already I'm afraid. Keep at it though! :)

Rgds

LoK

Arrr man :) Damn

Hi Olly, and welcome to the forums. :)

Your idea is pretty much confirmed for DayZ: the game. Check out some of the latest video devblogs. They talk about this quite a lot. :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Orlok.

Edited by Horde
  • Like 1

Hi Olly, and welcome to the forums. :)

Your idea is pretty much confirmed for DayZ: the game. Check out some of the latest video devblogs. They talk about this quite a lot. :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Orlok.

:L I'm new to this XD I should really look harder next time. Too tired XD

Hello there

Yup, that search tool is super useful. And also stops us mods from being grumpy. Every time a forum member uses it we get a free kitten and our "Grump Level" drops 3 points. Good for you and good for us.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Hello there

Yup, that search tool is super useful. And also stops us mods from being grumpy. Every time a forum member uses it we get a free kitten and our "Grump Level" drops 3 points. Good for you and good for us.

Rgds

LoK

:D KITTENS

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

Which then dies like my cat did a week ago. :(

Not these ones.