Sign in to follow this  
YZ250

SA DAYZ Prison Yes or No

It's been discussed a few times to have a Prison in DAYZ Stand Alone. What type of Prison would people be looking for ? Something like in The Walking Dead, where you could hold up with your Team for awhile until another group bigger and better equipped comes along and forces you out ?

How Big should it be ? The prison in The Walking Dead is relatively small in Size, but serves its purpose

Some pics of Prison in The Walking Dead for those few that dont watch it

The_Prison1_zps46ef8140.png

prison2_zps7e36dd36.jpg

prison3_zpsd0011a51.jpg

Something like this maybe

prison7_zps06ab3e78.jpg

prison6_zps2fb26622.jpg

So whats your thoughts ??

Edited by YZ250
  • Like 17

it certainly depends on the style of chernarus + as it is made by the dev team.

i can still see this growing somehwere in the north of the map.

it shouldnt maybe be too big of a location, but definitely something worth going to.

• Like 1

Yes, the more variety on the map the more immersive (For me anyways) it could be.

I would love a shipyard, with ships and barges which could act as potential bases.

• Like 4

A Large Prison like San Quentin maybe

prison4_zps81b420a7.jpg

• Like 1

I think it would be neat to have an area that you could fence off (the prison) that was only accessable via helicopter or plane. (or explosives). Would allow the more dominant clans to have some place to fight over, survivors some place to defend against bandit attacks or a bandit hideout.

Edited by Talibambi
  • Like 1

I like this idea, I also think this should be either North or Center of the map. As usually in prisons there are an infirmary, canteen, armoury etc.

Which could be a potential high loot area, sort of like the NWAF. Also it would be an intense gaming environment. If any one has seen The Walking Dead, if the interior of the prison is set out like that {Long narrow corridors and a very confusing layout} it would be a very nice place to have some sort of showdown. Also if it had mostly no lighting so players would have to use their flashlight or night visions to locate loot. And it would also be quite scary if zombies were to roam around the cell blocks.

• Like 3

I like this idea, I also think this should be either North or Center of the map. As usually in prisons there are an infirmary, canteen, armoury etc.

Which could be a potential high loot area, sort of like the NWAF. Also it would be an intense gaming environment. If any one has seen The Walking Dead, if the interior of the prison is set out like that {Long narrow corridors and a very confusing layout} it would be a very nice place to have some sort of showdown. Also if it had mostly no lighting so players would have to use their flashlight or night visions to locate loot. And it would also be quite scary if zombies were to roam around the cell blocks.

Like this ?

prison6_zps2fb26622.jpg

prison7_zps06ab3e78.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds awesome...but can it be haunted? Haunted prisons ftw.

• Like 2

Sounds awesome...but can it be haunted? Haunted prisons ftw.

Haunted LOL, the game at times scares the shit out of me already

It sounds like a good idea, BUT you don't need to rip off everything from The Walking Dead.. Make it unique.

It sounds like a good idea, BUT you don't need to rip off everything from The Walking Dead.. Make it unique.

Yes I agree about ripping things off, however I started with The Walking Dead Comics, a long time before the TV Show, and if your into Survival/ Zombie Horror Movies and Games places like Factories, Hospitals ,Shopping Malls and Jails have always been popular Venues, so these Venues I believe are asking to be bought into a game such as SA DayZ. I've been into this Genre since it was not at all fashionable around the original Dawn of the Dead times.

"Make it unique." Tell us how ? This is what this thread is about, give us your ultimate Venue you would like to see in game

• Like 1

Haunted? Like the ghosts of dead people are something to worry about.

• Like 1

I would like to see a soviet style prison. A large prison with many buildings and barracks. Like a gulag or something similiar.

2w32kg1.jpg

3107434026_526a5f4053_z.jpg?zz=1

3106600099_ffa5e76d75_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by Edoissimo
  • Like 12

I would like to see a soviet style prison. A large prison with many buildings and barracks. Like a gulag or something similiar.

2w32kg1.jpg

3107434026_526a5f4053_z.jpg?zz=1

3106600099_ffa5e76d75_z.jpg?zz=1

yeah i like that mate

Same, that looks great. I'd love a compund like that placed on the new island (Utes). Utes could prove to be tricky to get to without the right gear and putting something like that on it maybe with some gear that can only be found in the prison (riot gear?), would create some interesting gameplay choices.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Agree with Fraggle. It would be better to place it on Utes (if it is a part of the alpha release Chernarus map). Cos if you put it on chernaurus I should think it would fill the map a bit too much. I mean that already it is filling up with new areas and stuff but we dont want too filled up or we wont have any big woodland aread to hide our tents in.

• Like 1

" I mean that already it is filling up with new areas and stuff but we dont want too filled up or we wont have any big woodland aread to hide our tents in." I think you will find Zarniwoop tents wont exist, dig a Hole and hide your gear, or build a base, long term.

Personally would rather it easily accessible as Teams fight over control, rather than on an Island

Prison10_zps7e37e578.jpg

• Like 1

I only started watching the Walking Dead a week or two ago. It's pretty good.

Same, that looks great. I'd love a compund like that placed on the new island (Utes). Utes could prove to be tricky to get to without the right gear and putting something like that on it maybe with some gear that can only be found in the prison (riot gear?), would create some interesting gameplay choices.

Maybe replace the UTES airfield with a giant prison?

• Like 2

Maybe replace the UTES airfield with a giant prison?

Yup, that's what I was thinking. If it was on Utes it'd give the more organised or skilled players something to aim for (it's a very long swim, I tried it), especially if there was some items that you could only pick-up from the prison like a stab-vest, riot helmet, taser or cattle/prisoner prod.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Yup, that's what I was thinking. If it was on Utes it'd give the more organised or skilled players something to aim for, especially if there was some items that you could only pick-up from the prison like a stab-vest, riot helmet, taser or cattle/prisoner prod.

cattle prod? this could be the only reason I stay on dayz 40 years from now when I am the only one left. The tasers are quite hilarious on B-Point I shot legacy in the face to see what it would do then got mauled by a bloodsucker

• Like 2