leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

I don't think it will encourage it since a Makarov is an anti-zombie weapon to me, I consider it next to useless for PvP.

Honestly I'd rather have a hatchet than a Makarov, although depending on what they buff the damage to in the next patch (I'm hoping they keep it around 1600-1750, and 1911 around 2200-2300) that could change.

Sure, to the experienced players it makes no real difference, but to the new players spawning for the first time having no weapon reinforces the sense of vulnerability,

It was one of the things that really impressed me when i first started playing, you're just dumped into this hostile enviroment with no means of protecting yourself, the rest is up to you.

@ the OP:

Thank you for the heads up. I can't wait. Now that I have figured out fully 1.7.6.1 lol, I will have something more complex to delve into. I have never played/modded/thoroughly enjoyed a game as much as DayZ. Thank you again.

I'd remove that full moon night thing completely.

I really like the makarov though

Edited by Powell

Whoever's idea it was to add back in the ksk scout skin, you deserve a medal.

• Like 1

I can only hope that the m1911 and the revolver do around 1-2k damage at a distance and like 3k like point blank because a .45 ACP would do alot more than any small bullet that close.

• Like 1

You do know melee systems have more power then a pistol.

Just to point that out

Melee weapons have no range though. You can't be talking to someone 10ft away and have them chop you in two instantly, they have to come at you and by then it's obvious and easily avoidable. When someone is sitting there talking to you with a Makarov in their hands, you can die in the blink of an eye, and you can't even lower a pistol in Arma2.

Also, the crow bar is pretty weak, I'm sure a stick could be added with even less power.

Edited by bad_mojo

I can only hope that the m1911 and the revolver do around 1-2k damage at a distance and like 3k like point blank because a .45 ACP would do alot more than any small bullet that close.

But then you have the inconsistency of having a pistol round which is more powerful than a tumbling AK-74 round. Damage wouldn't drop off much either because the bullet starts off slow and the slower it goes the less quickly it decelerates due to quadratic drag:

fdrag = -cv^2

Of course they could simply buff all the rounds a bit to have it make more sense.

Everything looks good to me :thumbsup:

Anything being done about zombies walking through walls and hitting people through walls? It's annoying me and my friends literally... to death...

* [uPDATED] - Updated zed speed to default.

Does this mean they run at the same speed as player? Or slower/faster?

* [uPDATED] - SQL files working on Linux.

This means the mod works on Linux now or moving towards support? Sorry if this is an old question but I recall some people saying that dayz only supported windows servers and I am still under the impression that is the case.

A million thanks for the item reporting of tents and vehicles now, man how annoying it was to think you had say a slot left in ur tent or vehicle and your gun gets thrown on the ground where you cannot recover it.

* [uPDATED] - Hunters loot table adjusted with more weapons.

I look forward to deer stands not being useless now :P

Edited by PeNguiN

But then you have the inconsistency of having a pistol round which is more powerful than a tumbling AK-74 round. Damage wouldn't drop off much either because the bullet starts off slow and the slower it goes the less quickly it decelerates due to quadratic drag:

fdrag = -cv^2

Of course they could simply buff all the rounds a bit to have it make more sense.

Ak bullets do not always tumble though the barrel has to be made a certain way for then to do that.

Edited by leviski

I'd remove that full moon night thing completely.

I really like the makarov though

But its an option for the server admin, is it not?

I'm curious about the zombies doing increased damage. Are we looking at similar damage output to dayz + and dayz 2017?

I like the amount of damage zombies do on those mods of a mod and it would be nice to fear the zombies again

Ak bullets do not always tumble though the barrel has to be made a certain way for then to do that.

I mean military 5.45mm starts to tumble when it hits the target because the tip is hollow, it doesn't fragment into pieces though. Different people will tell you different things about how effective it actually is.

3So5ujf.jpg?1

I'm curious about the zombies doing increased damage. Are we looking at similar damage output to dayz + and dayz 2017?

I like the amount of damage zombies do on those mods of a mod and it would be nice to fear the zombies again

Base or old zeds will be more like DayZ+. New zeds will be DayZ+X2 :-) give or take

• Like 4

Base or old zeds will be more like DayZ+. New zeds will be DayZ+X2 :-) give or take

So this means that zombies are a real threat now? Will they be harder to kill if you dont shoot them in the head or not? Edited by DappaDan95

Awesome, really looking forward to getting know them. :beans:

Little confused by this entry

* [uPDATED] - Quiver acts as a quiver, you now have to take an arrow out of the quiver.

Does that mean we have to go into the gear every time to reload?

Edited by Fluxley

Clip combining sucks, it means now you don't have to be careful about reloading anymore.

Also watermarks suck, I don't want it clogging up my screen, I mean you're wanting to take away the UI and now adding this shit in?

Clip combining sucks, it means now you don't have to be careful about reloading anymore.

Just don't use it, if it sucks. I'll use it a lot. ;)

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

Awesome, really looking forward to getting know them. :beans:

Little confused by this entry

* [uPDATED] - Quiver acts as a quiver, you now have to take an arrow out of the quiver.

Does that mean we have to go into the gear every time to reload?

I was wondering about this too

so what exactly does THAT mean?

* [UPDATED] - SQL files working on Linux.

if the mod works now on a linux server without wine this would be a great update...

but my server is running also fine with wine... no crashes so far...

I was wondering about this too

For now you need to open the gear menu and remove the arrows from the quiver. The quiver is just used to save space. You can hold 1 quiver in your main inventory but as many as you need in your backpack. Each quiver will hold 6 arrows and take 2 itemslots

The old system we was using had to be pulled while we find a way around the gear menu popup every time you fire.

• Like 1

For now you need to open the gear menu and remove the arrows from the quiver. The quiver is just used to save space. You can hold 1 quiver in your main inventory but as many as you need in your backpack. Each quiver will hold 6 arrows and take 2 itemslots

The old system we was using had to be pulled while we find a way around the gear menu popup every time you fire.

ah, that explains it, thanks

all those saying the makrov is useless for shooting things are you lbind when firing ?

all it takes is a good shot one shot straight down :rolleyes:

looks like some great changes.

my next dream is for all loot and admin stuff to be locked so no admin abuse can happen. this is as bad as hacking in many servers and would be great if solved now before standalone release.

also many server aadmins have real time maps showing where everything is. there must be a way of stopping this . thanks.

all those saying the makrov is useless for shooting things are you lbind when firing ?

all it takes is a good shot one shot straight down :rolleyes:

looks like some great changes.

my next dream is for all loot and admin stuff to be locked so no admin abuse can happen. this is as bad as hacking in many servers and would be great if solved now before standalone release.

also many server aadmins have real time maps showing where everything is. there must be a way of stopping this . thanks.

Yea I feel you there, I hate it when im walking and an admin yells over side "get away from my camp or ill ban you" and im like uhh wtf?

However I play on Balota Buds now so that problem will never happen again since they don't hack/abuse the stuff.

So I hope everyone has seen the new features coming

I'm looking forward to

-fixed zombies-

-Upgraded pistol damage-

Clip combining

and lastly

return of the ol Bandit skin

woo great patch. Cant wait for it to go live

-Updated-

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103845-rolling-changelog-for-community-builds/

Link to the Rolling change log,

Joeyslucky22 has posted the most recent patch log below.

Too little too late. The SA will sadly be as fail as the mod is currently