leviski

New patch coming soon to dayz

True its not going to change much, but i feel it will just push new players towards the KoS mentality, Its like "Welcome to DayZ, Here's a gun, go and kill someone."

That's just how DayZ is. I see it more that it's giving people the option. Do you use it in defense or offense? What kind of player are you? That kind of thing. This at least gives people a fighting chance when it comes to zombies and could be quite the learning experience. I'm sure many remember when they first shot a gun in a town or city and had the horde come after them lol

Basically the focus should be "I need a gun for zombies!" not "I need a gun to shoot someone!"

well I'm sure there have been instances for the latter...

the loot tables have been modified and balanced heavily. Lets just give a try, huh? :D

come on, maybe you'll like it!

Edited by Powell
  • Like 2

Am I the only person happy about the new guns? I think we need more guns. Lots of guns. Big guns, little guns. Guns that make stuff blow up. I want guns that shoot roadflares. My demands must be met. There are twenty orphaned kittens that can attest to that. If my demands aren't met, they'll be drowned in their own tears. Sich beeilen!

• Like 6

Isn't the lack of survival chance and fear of zombies the entire point though?

• Like 5

I feel like an autist for wanting to report everyone who said "clips"

aside from that, liking the update and can't wait to play!

• Like 2

Am I the only one worried about the bandit skin?

Rocket removed it for a good reason...

By the way, Can someone explain if this patch makes zombies harder or easier? Because they are soo easy already. And things like this: Reset action alert of zeds, Zeds hearing from actions is now reset back to 1.7.5.1 - doesn't mean to me anything.

I've liked all the patches so far, but this one...

Edited by Mitor

Am I the only one worried about the bandit skin?

Rocket removed it for a good reason...

By the way, Can someone explain if this patch makes zombies harder or easier? Because they are soo easy already. And things like this: Reset action alert of zeds, Zeds hearing from actions is now reset back to 1.7.5.1 - doesn't mean to me anything.

I've liked all the patches so far, but this one...

Apart from causing less damage when unconcious the other changes should make them harder, zombies were something to be feared in 1.7.5.1

Apart from causing less damage when unconscious the other changes should make them harder, zombies were something to be feared in 1.7.5.1

Ah, okay. Well, I don't mind if they cause less damage when unconscious if they are really harder. I remember shooting my shotgun in the ATC tower and the zeds starting entering and surrounding me... :rolleyes: It was so cool, I had to start shooting them with the weapon to make a clear path to get out. I almost died and ran out of ammo.

• Like 1

Removing humanity until fixed and makarov on spawn was a good decision made by Rocket. No friggin clue why these things should be brought back.

If you can't survive your first 30 min without a pistol, you'll hardly do it with one. Give a melee weapon to the starting kit instead if you want a weapon in the starting kit THAT much.

• Like 1

* [NEW] - 3 New decayed Zeds - harder to kill (WIP).

I'd love a better explanation these. They sound to me like 'special zombies' which from a lot of threads on here is not what the majority of fans want..

Bandit skin was removed because it was too easy to get in self defense. The bandit threshold is being tweaked and it should be more accurate. Not only does the skin add variety and originality, backpacks actually work on them.

As for the makarov, you aren't even given enough ammo to kill someone right now; trust me I've tried. Those things are peashooters ATM. They are basically for zeds until you can find more ammo. Give it a try guys

Edited by Powell
  • Like 1

Bandit skin was removed because it was too easy to get in self defense. The bandit threshold is being tweaked and it should be more accurate now. Plus backpacks!

As for the makarov, you aren't even given enough ammo to kill someone right now; trust me I've tried. Those things are peashooters ATM. They are basically for zeds until you can find more ammo.

Its not the effectiveness of the gun thats important, its the message it gives to new players to the game,

Also i personally think spawning with less increases the feeling of vulnerability when you first start which enhances the whole experience.

• Like 2

Mag recombination? Damn, its going to be depressing to see how few mags I actually have....but hooray for upgraded 1911 damage! I love that thing!

Old bandit skin, why must you tempt me with that thing to go bandit? Why must the KSK look so cool?

Lol, good ole bandit skin back? Fuck everything im going bandit, and dafuq, makarov on spawn, COAST CLUSTERFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

* [NEW] - 3 New decayed Zeds - harder to kill (WIP).

* [uPDATED] - Add crawl animation damage. Players will now take dmg from crawling zeds.

* [uPDATED] - Updated zed speed to default.

Harder pve? I like this ^^

p.s. Im a noob, can i see this "old bandit skin" please?

You guys also need to remember the starter backpack and torch have been removed. It's a balance.

The makarov will not boost KoS, I assure you

Edited by Powell
  • Like 3

You guys also need to remember the starter backpack and torch have been removed. It's a balance.

Oh, they got removed, i like that, i really drop my backpack because it is virtually useless, and the torch, i like that but well, atleast they have made balance.

Well. i honestly prefer the flares in the starting gear. I always hated the fact that the zombies do not react to its light.

So i approve a lot this starting gear.

I didnt notice that, that is good news.

Excellent yes, yes. Now I can see where the bandits are in the forest... and then the hunted becomes the hunter.

di-YQIO.gif

Let the bean wars commence.

Edited by Waldo The Doctor
  • Like 1

Why not spawn with NOTHING?

Why not spawn in unconscious on the beach on a quick timer with an empty temperature gauge and infected?

Too many people will cry but these are the ones that run straight for north west and stary, or camp in cherno and electro.

• Like 6

There was an excellent post in the suggestions section where fresh spawns start sick and unhealthy and have to get themselves back up to full health over time.

I'd love this, might actually make people want to stay alive.

EDIT: here's that post http://dayzmod.com/f...art-out-sickly/

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1