Sign in to follow this  
applejaxc

My Zombie Apocalypse Dream Gear

Note: This list is intended for an alternative reality in which I have access to military-grade equipment. Clothing and vehicles will not be discussed, as I have already written and read articles on those.

If you have suggestions, tips, contradictions, or your own lists, feel free to share.

Primary Weapon 1:

Hk MP2000

Unfortunately, Wikipedia had a stunt article. Please don't tl;dr!

Though the MP2000 looks similar to earlier MP5-series weapons, it is intended to capitalize on HK's experiences with submachine guns, mashing several older models together. THe MP is a recoil-operated weapon firing from the closed-bolt position. It features a collapsing stock, forward grip, and removable suppressor. The fire selector is ambidextrous. SS, SA, A fire rates. The MP uses lightweight plastic magazines that are not compatible with the MP5 family. The sight mount easily accepts most scopes and electro-optical sights.

THe silencing system is very unique. Like the MP5SD weapons, the 2K silences standard ammunition by bleeding away some of the propellant gases through holes in the barrel, thus preventing the bullet from reaching supersonic speed. The bleed holes on the MP2K can be closed, however allowing it to fire standard rounds at normal velocity when silenced operation isn't required. The bolt can be locked to prevent mechanical noise but force semi-automatic fire.

http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/weapons/hkmp2057.jpg

A close second is the Vektor 45ACP.

Primary Weapon 2:

Stoner 25 by KAC

Semi-automatic sniper rifle, fairly accurate. I would take the Stoner 25K, an extra-reduced carbine version.

Secondary Weapon:

FN Five-SeveN

Basically a pistol that fires 5.7mm in an action that doesn't reduce stopping power, and marginally affects accuracy and range when suppressed. In other words: Cracking skulls without any noise.

I'm likewise not going to cover melee weapons.

Thoughts? Contradictions? Have your own list? :)

I think long-term you need to be able to find the ammo. Currently according to the US Goverment the most common ammo for a rifile is the .22 Round followed by the .223. For Pistol it is the 9mm, no surpise. Also for a shot gun it is the 12 Gauge Bird and Buck. Whatver guns you choose should use the ammo types that I listed.

Primary/First Choice:SA80/L85A2 High accuracy,relatively light,short and maneuverable,better sights than the SLR

Secondary/Second Choice:XM25 Sniper Rifle...It's light

Pistol: PPQ M2 Walther

Pistol Second Choice: PPK/S .22

Real Life Loadout:

Primary weapon: Aluminum baseball bat

Secondary:Brick

Edited by NeedzBeanz

Currently according to the US *GOVERNMENT the most common ammo for a rifle* is the .22 Round followed by the .223.

Is it really? I'd have thought/hoped the 5.56 or .30-06 (or some other hunting round) would be the most common. Thanks for the tidbit :)

And like I said: This isn't a realistic list.

I'mnot one for guns but i have an(almost emotional) attachment to the SA80/L85A1 I don't care if they are hard to clean It's sexy,it's british and its accurate

Really, you like CFI (is that the company?) guns out of Singapore? I think the SA80... fuck. Google just told me that I'm an idiot. the SAR80 is what I was thinking of, and I don't think Singapore makes them... wait no yes, at least I'm right about that. Sorry... Where was I? Yeah, I think if I met someone in the apocalypse that had a L85A1, I'd back the hell up.

Where are the dual RPGs and miniguns?

An anti-tank missile in the zombie apocalypse? They're walking, not rolling.

Maybe in the Transformerpocalypse...

Really, you like CFI (is that the company?) guns out of Singapore? I think the SA80... fuck. Google just told me that I'm an idiot. the SAR80 is what I was thinking of, and I don't think Singapore makes them... wait no yes, at least I'm right about that. Sorry... Where was I? Yeah, I think if I met someone in the apocalypse that had a L85A1, I'd back the hell up.

Also the A1 was pretty cheap and jammed alot i meant to say L85A2

Also I'm Pretty sure the SLR,is better but i don't like heavy guns

Edited by NeedzBeanz

Anything of the L85A2 series, Whether it be an L22A2 to the L86 I just love them, If I found one I would be the happiest man in the apocalypse.

As secondary I'd probably go pick up a metal bat from a local sports power store.

Still the chances of me finding a gun in Australia, especially something from the UK it would be a one in a million event.

Edit: I'm not a gun nut, I just have a little bit of knowledge on the L85, so it may not be correct to compare the L85A2, L86 or L22A2.

Edited by burritoman259

Primary: WASR AKM, because they don't stop

Long Range: Most likely just keep my Nagant, great stopping power and range

Side Arm: its between a Para Ordnance 1911, for the double stack .45 ACP, ( 14 rounds ), or a 92fs because the ammo is every where and its a good gun

My real life load out as it stands.

Primary: 870 clone, could do worse

Long Range: still my Nagant

Side Arm: CZ 70, not great stopping power but it beats throwing rocks

Anything of the L85A2 series, Whether it be an L22A2 to the L86 I just love them, If I found one I would be the happiest man in the apocalypse.

As secondary I'd probably go pick up a metal bat from a local sports power store.

Still the chances of me finding a gun in Australia, especially something from the UK it would be a one in a million event.

Edit: I'm not a gun nut, I just have a little bit of knowledge on the L85, so it may not be correct to compare the L85A2, L86 or L22A2.

The L22A2 is the....carbine version of the L85a2 right?

Idk not to be a movie stereotype, but mine would be either an AK-47 or an M1 Carbine. The ak is very tough and can be treated like crap and it will still fire. The M1 Carbine is a WW2 rifle that fires 7.62 rifle cartridge and is semi- automatic and only weighs 5.2 pounds.

Pretty much anything that has picatinny rails and uses Stanag mags (oh, that also doesn't weigh more than ten pounds). Preferably an M4. They're reliable, accurate, and lightweight, and accessories for it are very common in America.

Pretty much anything that has picatinny rails and uses Stanag mags (oh, that also doesn't weigh more than ten pounds). Preferably an M4. They're reliable, accurate, and lightweight, and accessories for it are very common in America.

Well colekern I kind of dislike the M4 mainly because of its lack of range and lack of a buttstock to smash with. That is why I go Kalashnikov.
  • Like 1

Well colekern I kind of dislike the M4 mainly because of its lack of range and lack of a buttstock to smash with. That is why I go Kalashnikov.

In real life, the M4A1 is more accurate at both medium-range and long-range. And it does have a buttstock.

The Kalashnikov is much more reliable, and has a larger, more powerful round, so it's kind of balanced out. Stanag mags are more common in America than AK mags, and that's why I chose the M4.

Edited by colekern

Primary: WASR AKM, because they don't stop

Long Range: Most likely just keep my Nagant, great stopping power and range

Side Arm: its between a Para Ordnance 1911, for the double stack .45 ACP, ( 14 rounds ), or a 92fs because the ammo is every where and its a good gun

My real life load out as it stands.

Primary: 870 clone, could do worse

Long Range: still my Nagant

Side Arm: CZ 70, not great stopping power but it beats throwing rocks

Rocks don't jam. Just saying. The CZ doesn't have an incredible track record. :)

...but mine would be either an AK-47 or an M1 Carbine. The ak is very tough and can be treated like crap and it will still fire.

Common misconception; the Ak47 will act like crap if it is treated like crap, and will act like well-polished crap if taken care of. Inaccurate past 30 yards, very distinctive, loud noise... Firing an AK47 would be like ringing a dinner bell that could jam.

Hello there again my Applejacx.

I've changed my weapons since were assuming I will have time to get good with these.

A Tar-21 as my primary. Small, but got a decent range (300m) the small bull up design makes it good for CQC but it has the power of an assault rifle and the accuracy of a M4

Sidearm would be some for of a .22 LR semi auto pistol. You really don't need much more for peircing a skull at short range ammo is light and super freaking common.

Second primary would be a Mossberg 930 good reliable shotgun, that I own.

Melee, K-bar, crowbar, whatevers on hand i guess.

Oh yeah, forgot about this.

Real-life current loadout:

Primary: Remington 870 Synthetic with an extended magazine.

2nd Primary: Either a 7mm rifle or a 243.

Sidearm: One of these: Kimber 1911

Springfiled XDM 9mm

Sig-Sauer P229

Melee: Machete.

Edited by colekern

Any rifle or handgun or anything for that matter that I'd choose would have a few characteristics that would be pretty necessary. 1.) It works even if its dirty and grimey. 2.) The ammo is relatively easy to find. 3.) Its quiet.

The best thing for dispatching zombies would probably be a 22LR with a home-made silencer.

Hello there again my Applejacx.

I've changed my weapons since were assuming I will have time to get good with these.

A Tar-21 as my primary. Small, but got a decent range (300m) the small bull up design makes it good for CQC but it has the power of an assault rifle and the accuracy of a M4

Sidearm would be some for of a .22 LR semi auto pistol. You really don't need much more for peircing a skull at short range ammo is light and super freaking common.

Second primary would be a Mossberg 930 good reliable shotgun, that I own.

Melee, K-bar, crowbar, whatevers on hand i guess.

I like the K-Bar, scares away humans. I like the crowbar, because it breaks skulls without itself breaking. I can't vouch for the Mossberg. Make sure you don't use .22 Plinking or rimfire... in fact, I would never trust a .22 to pierce anything more than skin. I've been hunting with .22LR before and I couldn't kill a crow in three shots to the chest.

And the Tar-21. Beautiful gun. When you need the best in counter-terrorist CQC weapons, you can always turn to IDF American-Israeli weapons.

Primary-M14, twenty rounds, semi automatic, and fairly good accuracy

Secondary-Machete, Blades dont need reloading

and of course, a can of beans.