Sign in to follow this  
rossymond

Your idea of the "perfect" server?

Serious question to all interested, what would your perfect dayz server utilise?

Map?

Loadout?

Features?

Personally I favour a more vanilla approach, with stock starting gear, only limited vehicles added and changes to lower the chances of 50 cal snipers. Low/Med value military cannot spawn snipers, chances of them spawning at high value military lowered. Plus a few other minor changes. With a road bridge, skalisty island makes for interesting events and location for additional buildings. To be fair Taviana/Namalsk are more my thing than Chernarus

Any thoughts would be good, as for our server it's good to know what people want!

Thanks

• Like 1

Low starting gear. Extra towns. Player capturable bases. NPC's in town like they are resistance fighters.

Low starting gear. Extra towns. Player capturable bases. NPC's in town like they are resistance fighters.

Cheers for the input. Would you prefer the NPC's to just attacks zed? Or bandits + zeds?

Namalsk about 18 vehicles 3 choppers...

gear bandage since gettin geared up in namalsk isnt a problem...

and a server restart every 3 hours!!!

The perfect server:

Chernarus map, no cheaters, no bugs, no nameplates, no voice in side chat, default settings on loot/vehicles.

• Like 3

The perfect DayZ server, got to have more buildings, places to explore.

npc's are realy nice in my opinion, survivors that attack bandit players, bandits that atack survivor players etc

Full moon night's, makes the night time more fun(and night time is good in dayz) not totaly dark when full moon is up. Street lights are realy nice to tbh.

Also alot more wrecks, get more apocalypse feeling when there are more trashed cars on the roads etc

What gear you start with dosent realy matter as long as the server got a good atmosphere to it.

That all i can come up with atm :thumbsup:

• Like 1

No spawn bandage, no spawn bag, maybe a torch, no location indication with login, no waypoints, no sidechat, no death messages....x10 the amount of old bikes. No cheating admins.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 2

Cheers for the input. Would you prefer the NPC's to just attacks zed? Or bandits + zeds?

I don;t know much about the setup but I thin some kind of perimeter type thing should be delveloped wherby if you are a hero your friendly but anyone else is consider neutral. That way it's level ground and you have to watch who you shoot,

a main hive server with no hackers would be my ideal server!

• Like 2

I like the idea of minimal starting gear, lower spawns for food and weapons, very very rare high end weaponry and limited vehicles (as in vanilla).

• Like 1

spawn with as50, gps, and cyote pack full of bacon and pepsi, tent, and toilet roll. campers dream.

• Like 2

No 3rd Person, Night-time (full moon acceptable), near "Vanilla" amount of vehicles but more variation is fine, no luxury weapons/items (AS50, NVGs, etc).

Anything remotely close to this would be amazing, and I have looked around for ages on behalf of myself and a few friends. But so far it seems to be much more popular to add battleships and thermal scopes than something like this.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your input so far. It seems there are more people with my train of thought than I imagined!

I love the idea of a "hardcore" DayZ, say it how you will.

Do you guys think there would be enough interest to form a player base from this.....concentrating on increasing the atmosphere, decreasing the ammount of ultra high end gear, and just making dayz that little bit more interesting?

• Like 1

I recently started playing a bit of first person and it brought back the feelings I had when I first started playing DayZ, if I were to have one wish for a perfect server it would be to disable 3rd person.

I know me and my two aforementioned friends would jump on such a server in a heartbeat if it were available. I am unsure whether or not it will be a success however. Either there are very few with similar preferences to us, or there simply haven't been a well advertised offer for us yet.

And I forgot to mention. A perfect server would have a friendly community. Not friendly as in no PvP/KoS, but friendly as in able to get shot without crying, or killing someone without polluting the chat with smacktalk.

Edited by Arkental
  • Like 1

Classic dayz in the spirit of the good old times, good admins and minor extra features. (maybe 3rd person off and bigger FOV)

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 1

I agree completely! Our server currently runs vanilla loadout with only minor changes & additions. I am very tempted to strip it down further for people such an yourselves and of course me and my group! With what I have so far, i'm half way there.

If you would truly like to see a server developed for people with such ideas, contact me and if I get enough interest, I would love to work together with you all to create a server with just the right amount of everything.

• Like 1

I am currently making a server like that for my clan and others. But because it is hosted by a friend of mine with a server hosting thingy box we are having some problems with particular scripts. It will laso include weekly events and the like, some minor map balancing so that people also go to NE and Zeleno.

Edited by Zarniwoop

balota buddies.

sidechat is back, now it's shit but everything else is perfect

Edited by Trizzo

I am currently making a server like that for my clan and others. But because it is hosted by a friend of mine with a server hosting thingy box we are having some problems with particular scripts. It will laso include weekly events and the like, some minor map balancing so that people also go to NE and Zeleno.

Sounds great, let me know if you need any help with scripting or testing, would be great to be involved :)

It would be good to get a few hardcore servers with everything stripped back. I would be very interested on playing on such a server.

• Like 1

I shall post the server details in the private hive discussion when the server is ready.

Charactristics as of now are something like this: Active/Fair Admins,Starting Loadout: Makarov+1 Mag, Painkillers, Bandage, Torch, 75 Vehicles at the moment (will be 50 or so), Veteran Difficulty, 3rd Person ON (contemplaing on turning it off), Crosshair OFF, Name Plates OFF,Time Zone GMT+3 (will be GMT-x) normal cycle, Location: Greece, Custom Buildings mostly to balance the map (1 NE Airfield Barrack/ Medical Tent and 2 Small Military Tents at Kamenka), Weekly Clan Events, 6 hour restarts, reduced AS50-M107 spawn rate, TS dedicated and no kill messages.

Will keep you up to date. :P

Edited by Zarniwoop

If you somehow managed to have NPC-bases, that are protected by NPCs against enemies it would be perfect, but I don't know if that's even possible in arma.

In Stalker, the trader-cities were protected by highly armed NPCs, who shot on sight at enemies (bandits at military, military at bandits,..) If a player decided to pull his gun in town and shoot, the guards attacked him.

So you aren't kicked or banned when shooting, but the NPCs declare you as a hostile, not allowing you to even get close to the city.

That's something I'd like to experience in dayZ at least once. I am not entirely sure how it would affect the gameplay, but I imagine it to be very rewarding. You want into town. you have to play by their rules or they will shoot. As any group building a city in a survival scenario would demand you to.

Edited by liquidmind

Vanilla DayZ with a few minor changes.

Reduced spawn on AS50/M107.

A supermarket / 2 small military tents in Kamenka to better balance out spawn areas.

Veteran difficulty

Crosshair OFF

3rd Person OFF

Nameplates OFF

Sweet and simple, a vanilla build with a few balance changes.

• Like 1