hungryhippo13

Horrible server admins @ The Syndicate DayZEpoch server

So I have been playing on a lot of Epoch servers. As of late I've played on this Epoch server ran by a group called 'The Syndicate'. Now before I go into details, I understand that this is a server they pay for, so they can do whatever they want. So what these guys do is they spawn in armored vehicles (Apaches, tanks, and humvees) for their use, and then expect no one to try to fight them. Well, we decided to sneak up on them, kill their whole group and take their vehicles. So they spawned in AS50 TWS for themselves and hunted us (using their admin noses of course!). Well when they tracked us down and tried to kill us (horrible shots, but I managed to be at the sharp end of one), but my partner killed all 4 of them...again, but died at the same last shot. Well, a few of our friends got us from the coast and flew us up to the battlefield. It took us 3 minutes from death to spawn to battlefield. Guess who managed to get up there....Well we managed to get a gun of the bodies and killed them all AGAIN, us with a lee enfield, and a m4a1...them with hacked weapons again (pdw-sd, BAF_AS50_TWS, MG###)...ok that was done, we managed to stay out of their way after that. Getting an Armored SUV, armored helis...etc. After we logged back in, the next day, they removed everything from the safe, removed the vehicles. And when I went to his base, and blew it up...for revenge :). I was banned. BTW, they admitted to database changing our stuff...

TL;DR - Admins are hell on this server. Don't play on it if you want to actually play dayz...Kill all of the [sYN] if you want, but beware, they use admin spawned items... Server: 74.91.18.202:2382

Their base is at Podeba Dam

Edited by hungryhippo13

yeah man that sucks but nothing we can do good to keep the community informed, would like to see the admins side of the story if they are brave enough which if what you say is correct i highly doubt. some proof would have been nice

Unfortunately, I wasn't streaming. But we felt justice needed to be had when they said "If you pick on [survivors name censored,but not part of syn clan], you'll have the whole [sYN] clan coming after you. At this point, it was game on...especially when they told everyone where their base was....and then said if you come near you will be shot...Challenge Accepted.

Don't tell everyone where your base is when you are wanting to play Apocalyptic Barbie Dream House.

Edited by hungryhippo13
  • Like 1

I dont understand why even atack admins?

They are there to keep order on the server, not for you to kil them?

For all i care they can spawn Maus tanks for themselves, if they dont atack you with it first.

Now if they atacked you first and tortured you, insulted you or something that is a reason to complain.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I wasn't streaming. But we felt justice needed to be had when they said "If you pick on [survivors name censored,but not part of syn clan], you'll have the whole [sYN] clan coming after you. At this point, it was game on...especially when they told everyone where their base was....and then said if you come near you will be shot...Challenge Accepted.

Don't tell everyone where your base is when you are wanting to play Apocalyptic Barbie Dream House.

Hey man, I joined the server and shot everyone with the clan tag. I got about 13 kills before the server went down. When I respawned, I had nothing and was seriously injured. I was running around in the middle of nowhere when an apache dive-bombed me... AND MISSED! Dumb staff killed everyone in the chopper in the suicide attempt. I was subsequently "Banned for cheating."

• Like 1

For all i care they can spawn Maus tanks for themselves, if they dont atack you with it first.

Now if they atacked you first and tortured you, insulted you or something that is a reason to complain.

...people attack admins because the admins are in-game, playing. There is no unfairness in attacking admins.

Admins needn't be alive/not dead in order to keep order on a server.

• Like 5

This is possibly the most stupid thing I've heard.

If they are in-game, they are playing it's as easy as that.

I don't give a fuck if they pay for it, I don't care if they are at a disadvantage, as far as I'm concerned they are no different from a normal player other than the fact they are to keep order.

Being an admin does NOT give you a free pass to cheat.

• Like 4

How stupid can you be?

Paying for a server does not give you the right to cheat/abuse your powers as an admin. Period.

If there in game they are playing and are therefore just as much of a target as anyone else

Edited by Rossymond

I'm the Server Owner for "The Syndicate". I am aware of the incident, and am not happy with my own clan-mates that baited "AZTEC" in using side chat. For the record: No special weapons, (Or tanks for that matter..haha) were spawned into game, both sides were using stock weapons. (I reviewed the logs to confirm this.) While we do spawn custom vehicles no game breaking weapons are allowed. It is my intention to run a clean custom server.

As to banning the members of Hippo's clan. Yes, I did that in the name of server peace. It had to end.

The members of my group have been chastised and warned that as long as they run with my Admin group they are to adhere to a neutral status. They abused side chat, and they have been warned.

After being away from the server for a couple of days, (the real life job), I came back to find that chaos has reigned, the server has been infested with griefers, doing nothing more than blowing up the Admin base based off of this forum posting. (Confirmed by a third party.) I am attempting to rectify many problems right now.

Just to be clear the Official Admins took no part in this.

• Like 1

This server actually sounds like it could be fun for a bit of a romp :lol: someone should head in with Fraps on the whole time, would make for a good video.

No, my contention is that the Admins did not spawn it in. I am aware that a hacker joined the game and spawned in stuff that I have banned. My guys grabbed the stuff. That hacker has been dealt with and will not be involved further. This is DayZ, and script kiddies happen, I can only deal with issues as I find them.

Then explain the PDW-SD, the MG36, the AS50s? They had them...We were using stock weapons. [sYN]Ch*** even admitted to using the hacked in weapons. The fact that Ch*** said that he was an admin, and he was in the database removing our helicopters, and our bought Armed SUV, also changing the inventory of our safe doesn't help the case either. At the end of the day, there are other dayz servers, and I shall have my Epoch one up in less than a week hopefully if work isn't busy. Feel free to come by ours and have fun too (There will only be official vehicles/weapons plus AI units and basebuilding).

I was actually asking to get a hold of you to ask about the epoch server before this happened. Please reply because I would still like to speak with you apart from the damages of yesterday/today.

And do for your part, tell your clan members not to provoke other players if they don't want to play PVP. Being lied to is kind of a shitty way of dealing with things like this. [back story- When I logged in today to find everything removed. and Ch*** told me that he removed the helicopters and armed SUVs (all of them he said, btw...) and while he is saying this I'm in your base standing directly next to one...There are more, but this is getting a little flat]

In the end, I hope your guys enjoy their Apocalyptic Barbie Dream House. If you feel like unbanning us...great... if not...great! :) But at least reinstate the purchasing of armored vehicles at the vendors, because if the only things you can buy are colored SUVs and clothes it kind of seams like the Barbie jargon above.

EDIT: If you would like to conclude anything so we don't have a flame war over forums, talk to us on skype. It won't be angry, as we aren't.

Edited by hungryhippo13

Not angry, just trying to regain control. I'm editing the server as we speak until things settle down. When it is fully implemented I hope that the server will be a unique experience for anyone who visits. For now, I going to wait until the dust settles and then move forward with our intended Blackmarket Trading Post. As to buying vehicles, the only objects out of stock are helis and aircraft. That will change in time.... Once the kamikazee attacks have stopped.

Sounds like a shit server

hahaha what a post after OP had just tried to regain some control.... OP steers back to nice neutral discussions and booom... the above post appears lol

I've played on this server, and talked to some of the people involved on mumble previously, and was there when hungryhippo was on the other day - I mentioned that it was nice that vehicles don't show up on the map, and he mentioned that they show in admin maps, which is true. Amusingly, the heli I found was gone when I logged back in. I've played on another one of the syndicate's servers and found the admin partially named here to be fair and helpful, however, as I stated in game, admins with admin tools/rights/power also playing on the server = inevitable admin abuse. There is just too much emotion invested too often for power not to be abused, and the temptation is too great.. The Syndicate has a nice idea going, setting themselves up as mercs; the obvious conflict lies in the fact that players can pay them (in game, of course) for hacked in vehicles, weapons, etc., but more importantly, if a player (say a bandit, for example) pays the syndicate to assassinate a particular player or clan, they can simply use the admin map to locate that player, and it's done - so they have multiple vested interests in abusing those capabilities.

Now to be clear, I don't think that has ever been the intent on their part, but as soon as C explained this to me on mumble one evening, I thought "well, that's going to lead to problems." Admins should never be players unless they have a firm understanding that their playing role and admin role are entirely disconnected. If the syndicate wants to set up shop as a merc clan, you need to be either very strict with ZERO tolerance for use of admin tools and/or powers, or play on a server where you don't admin, pool your resources, and leave everything else to fate.

On a final note, everyone deserves a second chance. They have a neat idea, and a busy server. You have to expect people to gun for you, and have to be prepared for it.

• Like 2

It just seems to me like the owner has a very poor choice in administrators who are clearly abusing their status.

I'm the Server Owner for "The Syndicate". I am aware of the incident, and am not happy with my own clan-mates that baited "AZTEC" in using side chat. For the record: No special weapons, (Or tanks for that matter..haha) were spawned into game, both sides were using stock weapons. (I reviewed the logs to confirm this.) While we do spawn custom vehicles no game breaking weapons are allowed. It is my intention to run a clean custom server.

As to banning the members of Hippo's clan. Yes, I did that in the name of server peace. It had to end.

The members of my group have been chastised and warned that as long as they run with my Admin group they are to adhere to a neutral status. They abused side chat, and they have been warned.

After being away from the server for a couple of days, (the real life job), I came back to find that chaos has reigned, the server has been infested with griefers, doing nothing more than blowing up the Admin base based off of this forum posting. (Confirmed by a third party.) I am attempting to rectify many problems right now.

this sounds legit....

You banned the OP + his mates because they disturbed the peace on a (pause for effect) DayZ server. Not only did your admins bait them into a war they used hacked weapons and removed their vehicles, but you then banned the players that were playing on the server legit. I will end the comment there no point in completely ripping your argument apart any further, OP request a blacklist on this server as it sounds like a admin rape fest on any poor sod that wants to play the game. CaltexRN in future if you decide to get another server after the (fingers crossed) demise of this one choose your admins better.

• Like 1

Might as well ban your clan mates then if they cause nothing but trouble.

This is MY version of the story, not to drudge up old news... but I spent a while writing this and it tells every aspect of the encounter with Hippo and I. Thanks guys if you decide to read it.

This is just a heads up to anyone wanting to play the DayZ Epoch mod, DO NOT play in the " The Syndicate" DayZ Epoch Server

The Syndicate server IP: 74.91.18.202:2382 For all you griefers

This little story about "Lark" and "Hungryhippo" begins with a friend of ours (Wardaddy) telling me (Lark) that hes been playing on a new Epoch server called Syndicate. One day our DayZ group gets together and we all log onto this "new" server... That was mistake number 1. After about and hour of being a bambi, scavenging for the necessities, acquiring a DMR with 5 mags and getting a fancy pilots outfit the [sYN] clan starts spouting off in side chat. "If anyone goes near our base at Pobeda Dam you will be shot on site, also if you kill or mess with any of our friends we will hunt you down like dogs and kill you! We allow PVP on this server but don't PVP against us because we will hunt you!". There are 2 personality types... Fight and Flight, Personally I am a FIGHT personality... So their threats were more like challenges to me rather than threats. Meanwhile they, they being [sYN] are basically giving their play by play in side chat saying "OK, i'll be in Cherno in 2 minutes, hey come get me in Kamenka, meet me at the Elektro grocery store, blah blah blah.

I followed their trail which lead me to a convoy of about 6 of [sYN]'s "friends" which consisted of an armored SUV and a cherry red SUV. They were stopped at the Elektro fire station looting it for its goodies, when /u/hungryhippo13 and I show up about 200 meters out with a DMR and 5 mags ready to go. /u/hungryhippo13 begins to make his way to the fire house with an AKS-74u when he is gunned down by our targets, I proceed to pick them off 1 by 1 with the DMR until none were left. After looting their bodies and stealing their armored SUV we are told in side chat that we supposedly "Messed with [sYN] clan friends and now we are to be hunted like dogs". Hungryhippo and I start cruising down the coast in our new ride and off to the left, on top of Klen mountain we hear a little bird starting up so naturally we head up the mountain in our new armed SUV to investigate when we found a little bird and pilot AFK on top of Klen with the helicopter running and a (admin hacked) Apache helicopter sitting there stationary. We then proceeded to shoot the pilot out and crash the little bird, which was mistake number 2, because we had just killed a [sYN] clan member and stolen their hacked Apache. The entire clan erupted with "YOU WILL BE HUNTED, WE WILL KILL YOU, YOU MADE A MISTAKE KILLING US" in side chat, which made me giddy as a school girl.

Hippo and I proceeded to meet up with our friends at the NE airfield when I hear another of their hacked choppers flying in to intercept us. So I did what any reasonable person would do... I flew my Apache into their other hacked chopper and destroyed them both then promptly ejecting to save myself from the explosion. Hungryhippo picked me up in the armored SUV and we started to haul ass to the western part of the map avoiding their "other" hacked in armed choppers. After 20 or 30 minutes of driving west and never stopping we decided to make a pit stop in Petrovka to eat/drink and salvage car parts from the local abandoned vehicles when, sure enough... 3 [sYN] clan members show up in ANOTHER chopper. Directly over where we were parked in the woods (using admin map probably), Hippo and I decided to open fire on the wannabe heroes with the armed SUV, So I took off driving while Hippo unloaded on their chopper forcing them to land. Being the "fight" personality I was talking about before, we decided to turn around and further engage them. As we roll up to their landed chopper, Hippo gets shot out of the gunner seat and promptly after that, the ARMORED SUV gets 1 shot by a "mystery" gun... it burst into flames so I eject and run into the nearest clump of trees to the vehicle while dodging bullets the whole way. I lose them in the trees and begin trying to find a DMR vantage point to take out these hacking punk admins. I found a good spot and shot two of them and killed the 3rd [sYN] clan member just as he put a bullet in my head, killing us both.

Wardaddy, another friend I had playing on the server at the time came and picked both Hippo and I up at the coast and we all proceeded back to the battle zone. While flying back to the battle spot we noticed ALL the [sYN] clan members sitting in the lobby, not actually IN the game. About 30 seconds away from the battle field all the [sYN] clan members log back into the game and fire upon Wardaddys little bird that he picked us up in, How did they get up to Petrovka so quickly after sitting in the lobby for 10 minutes? Probably being teleported by the admin. We land and head to the bodies to find that all the gear on the [sYN] clan members bodies was still there on their dead bodies, meaning that the admin spawned them with a full load out... they didn't loot their dead bodies to recover their gear. We looted the [sYN] dead bodies to find Thermal Vision AS50, PDW SD, Coyote backpacks, Rockets Red Beret uniforms and each one of them having a full load out of tools (GPS, Entrenching Tools ect.) We called them out on hacking items into the game and teleporting, which they denied at first but eventually admitted that they did it "Just to kill us". Personally, I was honored that they needed to pull out all those hacked tricks to kill my comrades and I after besting their entire clan for the entire night.

This is not a "bitch-fest" post, I just want to get the word out... Do Not play on their Epoch server if you wish to have a legitimate Epoch experience.

Sorry for the long read.

Lark,

I'm not going to dispute your version of events, as I wasn't online the days in question. However, I will point out that there two sides to every story and I will be addressing your grievances with my guys and laying down some rules FOR EVERYONE.

I built this server with good intentions, but some are getting a sense of entitlement, and I will put a stop to it. I have locked down all the admin tools and will be scouring the database for banned weapons, and vehicles.

I am in process of fixing the traders so that every item is available and that everyone can have a fair chance at the best gear. If my clan wishes to follow the Blackmarketeer model we will have to do it legitimately. I will provide the buildings and that is it. I have figured out the database management enough to enable new and different vehicles to be bought and sold at the traders. But no game breakers. With that in mind, I will not be enabling the return of the Armored Black SUVs as I feel that they are overpowered.

Nearly all admins that "play"use the map to see where other players are and they teleport to get gear bak.

I've seen this happen do many times

As I said never ever trust players with admin powers. Infact go play Wasteland if u want PVP u noobs instead of spawning shit in because ur all to crap to survive looting an area

Just wanted to add. you don't need to spawn in vehicles on a private Epoch server... I'm playing for 2 days now with a friend on our own server, whe already have 2 armored suv, a huey, 2 tank-trucks, 1 ural, 2 Hmmv, 3 tents and regular SUVs in 5 colors.

Imagine what a Team of 5 or 6 could achieve in the same time, also without spawning in anything.

Edit: but as a fact, the only reason we both have NVGs is, because I bought the wholesale-box. Still don't have Rangefinder or GPS, as both are not for sale at the moment.

But all the commerce-issues are nothing compared to how fast you bleed out in epoch compared to other mods. Both of us died at least once, because we bled out within 20 seconds from being hit, while the knockout-animation would have taken about 5 minutes to finish.

Edited by liquidmind
  • Like 1