p3zd1sp3nx0r

What you love (positive only)

So I'm pretty new to this mod and also arma. I think the mod team have done an awesome job from what I've seen. Thanks for letting us play this game!

Ok The pos:

1. Love the thrill of PVP bandit combat whilst in the middle of a town filled with zombies (you cant shoot the other guy with your lee enfield)

2. Love playing at night, with the lights off and my 5.1 surround headset. (LOVE THE SURROUND SOUND IN THIS GAME)

3. Love the draw distance!

4. Love the mortality and the fact that death means something... but you just jump back on the horse when you die.

5. Love the fact that the developers are keen to work on the project so often that we get hotfixes quickly!

1. Never played any arma/arma 2. The enviroment is awesome the grass blowing,draw distances the utter size of the map. Birds singing in the background gunshots in the distance just a great sense of scale.

2. Pvp,pvp,pvp,pvp Seriously you get some decent stuff and someone starts shooting at you bullets ricochet off of stuff its epic. Me and my roommates play dayz in the same room together and we still routinely scare each other with close shots to save each others life or just coming around a corner lol!

3. Mortality and losing all your stuff its sweet especially without the weapon at spawn such drastic change one mistake and all of a sudden you wake up on the coast with no freakin gun, but off to the next building gotta survive right?

4. The constant change, now the hatchet is a weapon and it disappeared from my inventory and me and the roomies just went hey, we gotta go find some wood and headed out, just right there the game was different then the day before

5. The stories this game creates which are entirely people driven, no quest or anything leading up. For example i was playing this game for maybe 20 minutes (about 2 months ago) and got near a guy on the beach and he started firing at me so i did some sweet zig zags and shot him a couple times but we lured an entire town on us with the gunfire, we then teamed up to kill all the zombies and patched ourselves up and then had an alliance lol.

So far I love all of it except for the zombie's new AI issues, which I think Rocket is going to fix soon. Otherwise, everything is badass. ^^

- scale

who doesn't love 225km2 of beautiful map

- freedom

play the game however you like

Atmosphere

- new atmosphere of night plus deadly zeds

- filmic? light really adds to the atmosphere. Can we have fog?

- upredictability

zeds spawn in buildings

bandits sniping (love/hate thing)

finding random shit

crashed choppers (can we have more rare events?)

- immersion

setting up camps, building fire, cooking meat, getting ill, starving etc etc

I could go on.

I absolutely love:

• the scale and the visuals of it all; weather, lighting, etc
  • Nighttime game play, now that flashlights are readily available. Works even in "near pitch black" nights.
  • new stealth mechanics (and visibility rules)
  • magazine conversions - a little rough around the edges, but at least I can use my .45ACP in my .45ACP caliber gun (M1911)
  • improved FPS
  • the new zombie animations (creepy as fucking hell!)

What I love in this mod:

1) that you can chop wood, build a campfire, hunt animals and cook their meat;

2) living in the woods, trying to survive;

3) never knowing if someone is 'friendly' or not;

4) the atmosphere, the surroundings, it all has a 'apocalyptic' feel to it;

5) the fact that you can carry only one main and one secondary weapon;

6) micromanaging my inventory, making choices about what to take and what not;

7) spawning with allmost nothing, not even a weapon.

8) the fact that we are co-creating this mod, helping with the alphatesting. That's just great!

I just love how well the whole concept of zombie survival works with Chernarus and the realistic gameplay of Arma 2.

the game/mod itself needs alot of work,but what i love is the concept and feel of it.

overal im blown away by how much fun this game/mod can be.

Feeling like a kid again playing hide and seek, the excitement i get just observing, the gigantic world space, getting beter by... getting better, the creator refers to himself as "rocket" a.k.a. controlled explosion.

Playing the zombie games I wanted other zombie games to be like! In my favourite engine!

I love all the points stated by others so far but my favorite is the amazing atmosphere including: the lighting and sound effects (lightning storms anyone), sense of isolation, rain, bad ass dark night, and night time flare effects. The game looks so so real.