Sign in to follow this  
Revs

A 'Safe' idea, check it out!

The 'Safe'

Okay, so i got a pretty cool idea, it is when you kill a random zombie, when you are in a city, you can get a <key>. This key is a very rare drop you also need to locate where the safe is. When you have found that safe, that is in the house the zombie used to live in when it was a human. When you open the safe, if you find it , because it is pretty rarely found, since it is random and not in the same place in any other house where there's a safe in,(if there is any) there's a chance that it's nothing inside it, and there's also a chance it is a weapon safe where you can find rare weapons, but if it is something inside it you can find something very useful like anything from a can of beans to ammo to weapons, depending on the safe of course.

• Like 2

A safe that isn't a gun safe is really only going to contain jewellery/passports/documents/cash. None of which are of any use in DayZ.

What would be better would be a locked gun locker that can be looted but you have to shoot the lock alerting zombies nearby and possibly players will notice. The guns can be mid to high end civ and low end military.

A safe that isn't a gun safe is really only going to contain jewellery/passports/documents/cash. None of which are of any use in DayZ.

I was thinking that if you found a safe that was with money/jewellery etc. there can be a treasure map in it or a part of a treasure map

I doubt that would ever get into Day Z, maybe through a mod of Day Z.

Rocket has said before, if it isn't player-made that it won't happen.

don't think people keep guns in safes for emergencies, because emergencies are instanteous, or quick, and if it takes them a minute to unlock a safe, its a minute loss against an intruder, so people tend not to keep guns in safes for emergency purposes. safes containing money, jewelry, etc, would be no use in dayz.

• Like 1

It would be cool if you could mark keys. But they cam hold one character, so you know recognize which key is which.

don't think people keep guns in safes for emergencies, because emergencies are instanteous, or quick, and if it takes them a minute to unlock a safe, its a minute loss against an intruder, so people tend not to keep guns in safes for emergency purposes. safes containing money, jewelry, etc, would be no use in dayz.

I'm legally required to keep my guns in a safe :/ and tbh if i got infected and some lucky sod offed me and searched my key chain, they would have the key(but not the combination code so meh), but IF the safe didnt have a combination code, then bingo, the lucky sod aft mentioned would have found himself a nice little motherload

• Like 1

It would be cool, another little bit of something to do besides just killing people

of course this is a good idea to the negative noobs.. it adds things to do ! the key idea is good because its verstile.. Imagine if you could find keys not only to safes but to houses or maintenance areas aswell.. or a safehouse in the city and you found the key on a dead janitor..<insert fantasy here> and inside you happen to find a TIER 1 safe house with the works, a generator in the basement some fuel and working security camera to watch the backalley outside..

seriously people keys are the future.. the ideas for having locked areas until you find a key leaves so much possibility for more in depth game play ideas/mechanics

the ideas are endless keys have to be implemented for SURE

u dont need a key if u have a gun or legs or u r an expert picklocking or a vehicle to crash

I think this is one of the better ideas I've seen in a long time. I agree with liquidcactus on the keys and maybe adding a few new mechanics for safe cracking, lock picking etc as you say the possibilities are endless.