Powell (DayZ)

Remove Starter Flashlight; Bring Back Flares

remove backpack no makarov

Just saying, I think this may be happening going on recent commits on the GitHub. I think they may be getting rid of backpacks and adding Makarovs too.

And this is why you should leave github stuff to github. There is no guarantee the weapon will stay. The new zeds now take twice the damage(not hs) and hit twice as hard with no other downfall and with the backpack being removed from fresh spawns we felt it was a trade off to give something back. But we are not 100% sure yet this is one of the reasons it hasn't been added to the change log.

• Like 1

Oh oh oh oh oh!

Also put in the dancing scipts :D

i wanna have a dance battle outside the elektro pub.

Edited by GOD™

I used to love playing at nights, but like every other aspect in DayZ, there's a learning curve attached to nighttime.

My main problem with nights are that the learning curve can easily be bypassed by maxing your gamma settings, so under the right light conditions, you basically have a black/white night vision. As long as you think about what you're doing, you can easily get around using chemlights, road flares and flashlights. You just have to be aware of how to use them and when to go blackout and run for your life.

Before flashlights were starters: "Omg remove flares and makarov and stuff its unrealistic you wouldnt have road flares in your house but you would have a flashlight"

After: "Give us back the flares because mood aaaghasdasd"

I agree 100% I hate the flashlight and refuse to use it flares on the other hand I insanely useful...... So bring on the flares!!!!

Everyone hold their shit and stop jumping to conclusions about start gear

Keep an open mind and have some adventure for experimentation. Remember, if we don't experiment, we can't progress. And we all want progress to make the best game possible.

However, remember the point of this topic. Remember the point of DayZ

Edited by Powell

And this is why you should leave github stuff to github. There is no guarantee the weapon will stay. The new zeds now take twice the damage(not hs) and hit twice as hard with no other downfall and with the backpack being removed from fresh spawns we felt it was a trade off to give something back. But we are not 100% sure yet this is one of the reasons it hasn't been added to the change log.

Sorry man, my bad. Will do so, wasn't really sure whether I should anyway. :rolleyes: