Sign in to follow this  
sushi4breakfast7

question about the mod...should i buy it now???

Hi i always wanted to play dayz but never got a chance to buy it. Now that standalone is pushed back should i buy it or just wait?

Hi i always wanted to play dayz but never got a chance to buy it. Now that standalone is pushed back should i buy it or just wait?

depends how good your computer is and if your patient, myself im waiting to get my new pc so I can get the sa.

Edited by nousernamehelp

i could probably run it on medium to high settings

than by all means do it but sa will be a completely different experience.

Edited by nousernamehelp

The mod has things that won't be implemented in the SA till the end of the year.

• Like 1

Get it and get some practice with the controls

If you are sure that you can hold a stable fps then I say absolutely! There hasn't been a game that I've spent more time in than this.

Dont be conned by youtube videos, they have been heavily edited to cut out the boring parts and make the dayz experience look alot more interesting than it really is.

If you really do want to get it, make sure you have a friend FIRST or else its gonna get boring real quick (1 week or so).

Be sure to get the standalone though

Edited by Pokerguy10

The mod will still be played for months :) When the SA is released it will be in an Alpha stage and contain very little of what the finished game will eventully have.

I went for Dayz at the end of October even though I was expecting the SA in December. It was a great decision and I'm still playing 5 months later.

buy it! and after 3 weeks of playing go check out wasteland mod too you will not regret a cent u spent on arma :)

• Like 1

This was asked also in January when the standalone had to be out a few weeks before. Now what? People are still waiting, and will wait.

The mod is definitely still worth getting, not just for the mod, but ArmA is a great game in general. SO much more to do than just playing DayZ all the time.

If you really do want to get it, make sure you have a friend FIRST or else its gonna get boring real quick (1 week or so).

I don't completely agree with this. I've been a lonewolf most of my DayZ career and have had a wonderful time playing. Don't get me wrong, it's great to play with friends and as a group, but being on my own was certainly not boring.

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

Solo playing since June last year, not bored at all.

By it, there is so much going on in the community with new maps and mods (started breaking point this weekend, absolutely amazing!), and if you get bored with dayz you still havet he actual arma II game which is pretty damn good on its own...

Edited by okami

Hello there

Remember, there has never been an official release date. The Dec one was just a personal aim for R and one suspects would have been a very different game from the one they now intend to release.

Btw you don't need friends to play the game as others have said. You can solo quite happily It is easier with chums, but that for me is part of the challenge.

Rgds

L

ARMA 2 and Day Z mod (as well as Wasteland and other mods) justify buying it now. As others say you will get practice and a feel for the game anyway. Besides that I do feel the Day Z mod may remain steady fora while yet, even after Stand Alone's release!

depends how good your computer is and if your patient, myself im waiting to get my new pc so I can get the sa.

So you have 1k post on a forum for a game you dont even own??? "fanboy"

Get it. Play the bootcamp on Arma2 to learn to play, then play Arma2. When you get bored get DayZ and wreak havoc! It's a great game all around. The standalone will most likely be something way different than the mod. For me part of the fun is the crazy glitches you get in the mod, lol it's funny shiz man. And it's what all the cool kids are doin :D

Dont be conned by youtube videos, they have been heavily edited to cut out the boring parts and make the dayz experience look alot more interesting than it really is.

Be sure to get the standalone though

Sidestrafe has some good less/non-edited stuff. I do disagree with the "make sure you have a friend" comment. I really enjoy playing alone!