Sign in to follow this  
freeman83

Whats the plan post Standalone?

I wonder what the plan is after SA development is completed and all end game content has been released?. My personal hope is that Dayz lives on after SA in to 2.0 and beyond, always in a never ending state of improvement. So anybody heard anything about the post SA future of Dayz?

All I know is that, if all goes well a console port will happen.

I doubt they have any solid plans at the moment,

If its successful it will continue to be developed, simple as that.

A re-write for ArmA 4? :)

Well, Rocket's talked about setting up his own game studio but all of that is a long way off TBH. BIS have a track-record of supporting their games for years after release so it should be interesting whatever happens.

Well, Rocket's talked about setting up his own game studio but all of that is a long way off TBH. BIS have a track-record of supporting their games for years after release so it should be interesting whatever happens.

im curious what the future holds.

A whole world wide map of DayZ would be cool. Like, real life world I mean. That was be literally badass.

Maybe a function to lock vehicles would be nice plan for the future. I lost my camo defender, a black SUV, a tan coyota and a huey today :)

And honestly...i am not even going to look for them, who cares.

Soon after SA, Activision acquires BI. Work begins on DayZII. Will contain an in-game auction house and novelty Zombie pets, plastic action figures are sold, a movie deal is made with Michael Bay directing. Community collectively vomits. Rocket buys bling and enjoys pina coladas on a beach somewhere. DayZ is consequently revived in 6 sequals, each with increasingly impressive visuals and focus on fast-paced PVP.

Probably not though.just daydreaming. (or day-nightmaring).

Maybe a function to lock vehicles would be nice plan for the future. I lost my camo defender, a black SUV, a tan coyota and a huey today :)

And honestly...i am not even going to look for them, who cares.

A lot of people would probably just destroy the vehicles.

I suspect he will continue to add vehicles, new features, weapons, loot, and details. Maybe even new regions at some point. It would be cool if they were all connected. Like if you had a boat and traveled East or South you could find some huge island (line Lingor Island) or entire new regions to the North.

I would like to see Rocket do other projects beyond DayZ when DayZ goes SA. The fact that he created the mod alone is crazy enough, but now he is adding an even more insane level of detail to the SA. This man is practically a role model for my future career. I love the attention to detail he gives DayZ, the use of the feedback from the players, the idea that if a game mechanic doesn't work it's overhauled rather then adapted. It's great I love it.

If I was Rocket, after everything is said and done, and once we have a nice stable build to play on, I'd start working on some sort of world generation system. Make the game have much, much more players (like a WoW server with hundreds upon hundreds of people). It would be like Minecraft kinda, the world generates as you go.

Granted, I don't even know if this would be possible in the first place, to automatically generate a complex 3D terrain, and not just some blocks like Minecraft does. Now THAT, would make this THE best game on the market.

Setting up a bug radio, then setting up trip wire mines all over my camp. Then listen for the Joy of hearing camp raiders flying across the sky in agony. B)