bfisher

I'm freakin out!

Started a new character this morning (since my last one got killed by some jerkass who called out "Friendly" and then shot me a split second later while I was fighting off a half dozen zombies. I didn't even know you were there asshole, next time just be a proper bandit and just ambush people or let them go about their business...but I digress)

Anyhow, I'm starting to freak out. I haven't seen that many players, even though it's a full server with 60 people on it. Sometimes I do see someone else but they don't see me. And that just freaks me out more! I mean if that guy doesn't know I'm here watching him, is there some guy watching me right now? And does he have a sniper rifle or 2 other guys with him instead of my ax and a M1911?

And every once and awhile I'll hear gunfire but I can't see whose shooting or place where it's coming from! I mean what if these idiots weren't all shootin and hollarin? I wouldn't even know they were nearby.

Anyhow, all this wandering the wilderness NOT seeing people I know must be there somewhere is starting to make me really paranoid! I'm even hiding zombies I kill so people don't know I'm in town! I spent 20 minutes hiding in a barn loft!

Edited by bfisher
  • Like 2

Welcome to DayZ.

That's all part of the fun :)

It makes you even more paranoid when you think about how many players might have ghillie suits or are sitting inside a building watching you.

Edit: You get some really good servers where everyone is sneaky rather than running around all guns blazing, it really does give the game a completely different feel compared to a lot of the other servers out there.

Edited by Rossums

*Snip*

I snipped myself. Got to the wrong thread somehow.

Edited by Steam_Power

I have to post this, but this is exactly what you rpost made me think about, man.

• Like 5

I people watch all the time in DayZ. One time I was just watching a group loot a town thinking to myself I could easily murder at least one of them if not all and after watching for around five minutes I turn around and run into a guy watching me 100 meters away. When I talked to him he said he was just scoping me out watching the guys in town ready to shoot me if I attacked them and I had to laugh, he was watching me watch people.

I tried out most of what dayz had to offer, and nowadays i find fun just laying down on elektro sniper hill, and just watching at all the noobs running in and out the city.

try it

u get to laugh A LOT

Edited by h3retic
  • Like 1

I tried out most of what dayz had to offer, and nowadays i find fun just laying down on elektro sniper hill, and just watching at all the noobs running in and out the city.

try it

u get to laugh A LOT

I've done this a few times, actually. People watching in DayZ can be hilarious!

• Like 1

one can never stop enjoying the stupid things other people do

I'm past people watching on to zombie spectating

• Like 7

He looks like that spinning figure that goes one way or the other depending on which side of your brain you use :D

• Like 2

I have to post this, but this is exactly what you rpost made me think about, man.

Classic.

Vid 1: Deep Feels

Vid 2: Even more Deep Feels

Anyway, paranoia will make you do lots of fun things in DayZ.

Steak, for instance, jumped off a firehouse roof in the hopes of being able to fly away from the insanity.

I'd say he got about a few yards...

Right after I began playing DayZ a few months back, I realized that paranoia was a constant mindset of the game rather than a feature. The hills, the trees, the water in the sea ... all have eyes. Then I realized that most of time I am all alone. This game has enthralled me for far, far longer than any game I've ever played. I am stil waiting for the boredom meter to hit "absolute" or the point where I walk away. For the most part that meter has yet to bugde up a notch. Now the paranoia meter ...

yeah, hiding zomie bodies is about as effective as pissing on their corses and setting them on fire.

Other players know where you are by looking for zombies. Not dead ones. LIVE ones.

yeah, hiding zomie bodies is about as effective as pissing on their corses and setting them on fire.

Other players know where you are by looking for zombies. Not dead ones. LIVE ones.

I just like to clean up after myself

I will watch over you my friend..... in times of trouble I will appear, and then just fade away

Getting stalked by a helicopter south of NWAF while being chased by three zombies didn't exactly relieve my paranoia. I did manage to get to the southern barracks. Found a prone player inside facing into one of the rooms so he didn't see me. Looked dead but I didn't hear flies buzzing so I gave him a couple of silent hatchet wacks, just to make sure (it was just a dead body). Only thing I got out of it was a standard AKM and a shit-ton of ammo and some smoke grenades.