Sign in to follow this  
nick103

DayZ Birth

Hi all, I'm Nick

I have been working on my own modified version of DayZ and have been testing it with about 10 or so people but i would like to throw it in the community a bit more

Basically i'm calling it DayZ Birth (at least for now) and i have focused it around the beginning of the outbreak in Chernarus (like DayZ Origins but in the Chernarus map) so there is more Vehicles, Buildings and even some Military quarantine officers....

DayZ Birth has a lot of map, vehicle and weapon modifications.

One of the largest Map changes is Skalistic Island....

- It has gone from being fairly pointless to a PvP hotzone with Military Barracks, Vehicle spawns ranging from Mh-60S SeaHawk spawns to Jackal and Humvee spawns, to boat spawns and its own bridge to get there and back fast

There is also the Aircraft Carrier about 400m off the coast of Chernarus with loot and vehicle spawns but be aware.... it's easy to be sniped on a open flight deck...

Vehicle and weapon spawns have changed greatly as well.

- AS-50s and M-107s no longer exist in Chernarus... instead the AS-50 is replaced with the L115A3 Lapua and the M-107 is replaced with the M110. there spawn rate is also decreased so no more getting sniped from 1km away every 30 seconds

Though the Military is wiped out, some of their Vehicles havn't been destroyed yet...

- DayZ Birth has new vehicles ranging from light armor like the M113 APC to armed boats like the RHIB, From Attack Helicopters like the KA-52 (only main cannon is enabled), to Heavy Lifters like the CH-47 Chinook, to simple extraction Aircraft like the UH-60M BlackHawk

- There are also many different Varients of Humvee

All the information can be found here - http://www.officialn...p?pages/whatis/ along with the full list of Banned/Unbanned vehicles and weapons

If you just want to get into the game, files with installation guide, server information, etc can be found here - https://www.dropbox..../@DayZBirth.rar

There is currently only 1 DayZ Birth server which has alot of vehicles and is mainly for testing all the spawns and making sure everything is spawning properly but soon i will make another server with a lowered amount of vehicle spawns, etc for the more serious players

Any questions/suggestions can be posted below and i will reply as soon as possible :)

Thanks for reading and i look forward to seeing you on the server ~Nick

• Like 1

Interesting may have a go at this later, also is there a way you can make it so you don't have to sign up to view those pages?

Edit: Just signed up to have a look and holy damn there is some fire power right there.

Suggestions, Survivors shouldn't be waging WW3 against each over, just a few.

Make the AH-6 have only 500 M134 rounds and have a decent spread.

See if you can disable manual fire on the gun ships make it so they need a gunner to be combat ready.

Make the mi24 only have 220 rounds of yak-b but a very big spread.

Make super sure that ka-52 only has AP rounds non-HE.

Also remove laser Designater it has a thermal mode which is extremely effective.

Edited by burritoman259

Cool, I enjoy new mods.

Sounds quite good with room for tons of potential, installing now quickly using ARMAII Launcher.

EDIT:

Yo, found a chinook at the nw-af and I can't seem to fuel it, I think maybe you have to add all the vehicles included into the fix thing or whatever?

Edited by CoolCain10

I've seen so many of these features in previous mods. You need to bring something totally new and awesome to the table instead of a few ported weapons, a few new buildings and a few ported vehicles.

I mean, if that's what you're going for, then go for it, but I can't see it being a hit to be honest.

I've had a lot of fun recently with DayZ Breaking Point because of the new sounds, the hundreds of new weapons (and I mean totally new, not just ported from Arma 2), the day-night cycle, the fog at night, a shiteload of new clothing, the smk animations, and there is a lot more coming like ACRE integration and some other zombies. The sounds complied with the new weapons really do bring new life into DayZ for me and my friends.

Bah... smells like another +1000 vehicles +500 helis server.

• Like 1

Interesting may have a go at this later, also is there a way you can make it so you don't have to sign up to view those pages?

Edit: Just signed up to have a look and holy damn there is some fire power right there.

Suggestions, Survivors shouldn't be waging WW3 against each over, just a few.

Make the AH-6 have only 500 M134 rounds and have a decent spread.

See if you can disable manual fire on the gun ships make it so they need a gunner to be combat ready.

Make the mi24 only have 220 rounds of yak-b but a very big spread.

Make super sure that ka-52 only has AP rounds non-HE.

Also remove laser Designater it has a thermal mode which is extremely effective.

Yeah i removed the spawn for the AH-6J and will re-block it soon. too over powered

I will see what i can do about your other suggestions :)

Cool, I enjoy new mods.

Sounds quite good with room for tons of potential, installing now quickly using ARMAII Launcher.

cool, thanks man :)

Bah... smells like another +1000 vehicles +500 helis server.

Didn't you read the post?? i said yes, the current server has a lot of vehicles but i will be making another server soon with a a lowered amount of vehicles

• Like 2

I've seen so many of these features in previous mods. You need to bring something totally new and awesome to the table instead of a few ported weapons, a few new buildings and a few ported vehicles.

I mean, if that's what you're going for, then go for it, but I can't see it being a hit to be honest.

I've had a lot of fun recently with DayZ Breaking Point because of the new sounds, the hundreds of new weapons (and I mean totally new, not just ported from Arma 2), the day-night cycle, the fog at night, a shiteload of new clothing, the smk animations, and there is a lot more coming like ACRE integration and some other zombies. The sounds complied with the new weapons really do bring new life into DayZ for me and my friends.

Yeah i can see that one of those servers would be awesome but i'm currently focused on bringing out the potential of default ArmA 2 CO before looking into other Mods

Yeah i removed the spawn for the AH-6J and will re-block it soon. too over powered

I didn't mean full removal just the M134 is a little OP so less rounds means you have to be accurate, second the hydra's can be removed but if you wanted could probably leave 1-4 in for anti-armor.

all that we had on vanilla chernarus server no need to download anything. and yes we had tanks and banned helis out of the box.

• Like 1

all that we had on vanilla chernarus server no need to download anything. and yes we had tanks and banned helis out of the box.

No you need Rmod for that....

In dayz_anim.pbo there is a file called config.cfg (or something like that)

In that there is scripts like this "class AH6J_EP1: Banned {};" for every vehicle that isn't in DayZ by default.

the Class AH6J_EP1: defines the vehicle, the "Banned" tells it's banned and "{}" removes all the information your game has about the defined vehicle so it is literally impossible to see/use

In dayz_anim.pbo there is a file called config.cfg (or something like that)

In that there is scripts like this "class AH6J_EP1: Banned {};" for every vehicle that isn't in DayZ by default.

the Class AH6J_EP1: defines the vehicle, the "Banned" tells it's banned and "{}" removes all the information your game has about the defined vehicle so it is literally impossible to see/use

LOL just shows... It is unbanned on client, you just need to unban it on the server.

Edited by Killzone_Kid
  • Like 1

LOL just shows... It is unbanned on client, you just need to unban it on the server.

No, because look in your DayZ mod on your computer.... if you extract dayz_anim.pbo you will find exactly what i said. It is banned server side and client side so yes, you need to download stuff

I prefer mods that have less vehicles and weaponry a bit more rare. And no new weapons.

But not DayZ 2017.

Edited by Imafighter

Just played on Birth, it was quite fun; before the server abruptly disconnected. Not sure if it my connection or not but I will be happy to see it back up. Because in the first two hundred feet i found an armed Humvee. Can't wait to continue looking for :beans: :beans:

No, because look in your DayZ mod on your computer.... if you extract dayz_anim.pbo you will find exactly what i said. It is banned server side and client side so yes, you need to download stuff

You are hilarious. I'm telling you we had it working you are telling me it is impossible. LOL

Ima try it out.

I couldn't find the server and I did both methods.

Edited by BwobBwub

anned and "{}" removes all the information your game has about the defined vehicle so it is literally impossible to see/use

No you don't, if you know how to do it server side, who cares what's in dayz client files...

Just played on Birth, it was quite fun; before the server abruptly disconnected. Not sure if it my connection or not but I will be happy to see it back up. Because in the first two hundred feet i found an armed Humvee. Can't wait to continue looking for :beans: :beans:

Sorry, i had to take it down for a bit. it is now back up

Ima try it out.

I couldn't find the server and I did both methods.

Sorry, the server was down. it is back up now

No you don't, if you know how to do it server side, who cares what's in dayz client files...

But the server and client files have to be signed by a Bikey, meaning they have to be the exact same.

Here's a example of how it blocks client side stuff.

Open DayZ and in the main menu (where it has multiplayer, options, expansions, etc) press alt + e

now place a A-10 (or anything bannec in DayZ) and place a ATV (or anything unblocked in DayZ)

Press Preview.... you will not be able to see the A-10 because it is blocked in the dayz_anim.pbo file however you will be able to see the ATV because it is not banned in the dayz_anim.pbo file.

You could take this argument to Deal Hall himself and he'd tell you the same thing.

Open DayZ and in the main menu (where it has multiplayer, options, expansions, etc) press alt + e

now place a A-10 (or anything bannec in DayZ) and place a ATV (or anything unblocked in DayZ)

Press Preview.... you will not be able to see the A-10 because it is blocked in the dayz_anim.pbo file however you will be able to see the ATV because it is not banned in the dayz_anim.pbo file.

Just did that with 1.7.6.1 which is not altered in any shape or form

Just did that with 1.7.6.1 which is not altered in any shape or form

You must either have Rmod active or have tampered with your file. I will upload proof when it finishes rendering

You must either have Rmod active or have tampered with your file. I will upload proof when it finishes rendering

no rmod and i already told you nothing is altered

no rmod and i already told you nothing is altered

Dude, you must have something modded. else it WILL NOT APPEAR.

My video is 10 minutes away from finishing and i will upload it. you will see that vehicles that aren't in DayZ will not spawn.

To anyone else reading this, open your ArmA 2

Activate DayZ

Press ALT + E

Place any vehicle not in DayZ

I bet it won't spawn in

yes you can spawn vehicles that are banned without rmod.

You just need to do it server side.

There is also some info on opendayz.net if you really want to look into it.

But yes, we had a server with many unbanned vehicles, it was fun :) but after 1 year we decided to end it as dayz isn't so good anymore.

You can't tell me otherwise, i've modded arma 2 for a very long time.

Edited by MessHall

Dude, you must have something modded. else it WILL NOT APPEAR.

My video is 10 minutes away from finishing and i will upload it. you will see that vehicles that aren't in DayZ will not spawn.

To anyone else reading this, open your ArmA 2

Activate DayZ

Press ALT + E

Place any vehicle not in DayZ

I bet it won't spawn in

For the 100th time, nothing is modded. Tons of private Hives have banned vehicles on them because it could be done, stop living under a rock and ask around.