campaign_junkie

NPCs in game are no joke

So my group has been going around to different servers and we have found one in particular that has NPCs all over the map, and trust me, it makes for interesting times.. Not only are you advancing on some great loot, avoiding hostile players and zombies everywhere, but these NPCs are crackshots... as my buddy Mitchell soon finds out.

Good times had by all, hope to see you on Dayz247!

lol at the way you two pronounce Balota.

Which Server? I want to try out NPCs.

Edited by Razgriz Berkut
  • Like 1

Danger Zone!

• Like 1

Npcs are a joke anyhow.

their flaw is their lack of brain and is replaced by 3rd party aimbots.

• Like 1

Serious Stan said it best^.

While I enjoy the idea of NPCs, my experience playing ARMA tends to indicate that AI is mindless, but can spot you like an eagle and can drive a tack at 500 yards with an ak while running. Also, if you could edit videos down to the more pertinent parts, that'd be appreciated. I watched 5 minutes of driving, then gave up.

• Like 1

I`ve been on a server with NPCs recently and I shot a bot called "Rocket". Lol, confirmed kill on rocket :)

There was a group of 5 of them, 3 ghillies with SVDs and 2 guys in camo with M1014 shotguns. I was behind them and they did not see me, I shot the ghillies first and all NPC began to run wild like chickens, shooting in all directions. So they were easy targets for my DMR.

Yesterday i tested a little bit with the Arma 2 Editor and placed 1 NPC behind a building facing my direction and I died 4 times before he bugged out and did not return fire. Was the only time i was able to hit him.

So from my experience if the AI is able to see you it`s too good and if not it`s to weak. But considering what the Arma AI is able to do (you can place it anywhere on 200 km^2 maps in any vehicle and it will act autonomous (or crash the vehicle with a vengenace...)) i think we have to live with these problems. And from what I have seen this will continue in Arma 3.

Anyways, i like the NPCs cause they add something fresh to the Dayz experience, but if they see you first and you are on your own you`re screwed.

Edited by okami

Serious Stan said it best^.

While I enjoy the idea of NPCs, my experience playing ARMA tends to indicate that AI is mindless, but can spot you like an eagle and can drive a tack at 500 yards with an ak while running. Also, if you could edit videos down to the more pertinent parts, that'd be appreciated. I watched 5 minutes of driving, then gave up.

Ive had requests from both sides to shorten it and to show even the boring parts... maybe i should do both with a highlight reel at the end of the week .. just a 5 min action set kind of thing. Thanks again for the suggestion.

lol at the way you two pronounce Balota.

Which Server? I want to try out NPCs.

we play on the Dayz247 server im not sure of the IP but if you put that in your filter you should be able to locate it fairly quickly