Sign in to follow this  
ColloseusX

Campfire Variations

Hey

I was just thinking it would be cool if when you set a fire you could have it "full burning" or "embers only" and the full fire gives off a huge amount of light but cooks food quickly and the embers only give off a tiny amount of light but the food gets cooked slowly, the embers would be good for night and the full fire for daytime

I think it would be pretty cool :)

• Like 1

Yeah, but cooking with flames isn't ideal when you're talking about meat. If you cook over flames you're just going to burn the outside and the inside will still be raw. A nice bed of coals is better for cooking.

But, I like the idea of more types of fires. Maybe even have different sizes too, so if you're trying to be stealthy you start a small one but if you don't care you'd build a large bonfire so everyone can see it and come join you.

• Like 3

Anyone see the Wicker Man?

The old, good version, not the recent, shitty rip off.

5xoaj7.jpg

Now that's a fire!

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

its a zombie apocolypse, im pretty sure they dont care if there beef is medium rare or well done. cooked is cooked

I burn all types of things in RL. I'm all for more types of fires, I love fires and I love to burn things dead and living. BURNING.

its a zombie apocolypse, im pretty sure they dont care if there beef is medium rare or well done. cooked is cooked

It has nothing to do with how the food is cooked it's to do with the light given off by the fire

like on the walking dead they use embers at night so the walkers can't see them from a distance

I want a big ass, blazing bonfire that'll singe your eyebrows if you're within 50m of it. Kinda like the fire glitch when a heli blows up...

Anyone see the Wicker Man?

The old, good version, not the recent, shitty rip off.

Now that's a fire!

+1

I like the concept of Different campfire variations. Our only camp fire is cool at night, but sometimes i'd rather have a much brighter one.

I'd suggest a small, medium, and large fire. blah blah blah, depending on amount of wood in inventory would allow which fire options are available.

I'd just prefer BRIGHTER more INTENSE fires. I'd rather not see people cooking over less bright "coals" because sure it might be more realistic, but the campfire is a risk and danger if you want to cook food. especially at night. ahhh... choices !!! Better make a good one, could be your last !

I just like the idea of starting a towering inferno and having it light up the hillside. For funsies...

• Like 1

this would be quite cool

There is different ways to set up your fire (cone shaped, well shaped, embers) in real life, if that was implemented in DayZ, that would be pretty cool. Different variations tend to have different benefits and different disadvantages in real life.

Edited by thegalakrondian