Sign in to follow this  
Nite (DayZ)

You know your addicted when......

Every time I close my eyes all I can see are green fields and barns/farm houses.

Think I need to stop playing this game :s

When you get caught shoplifting at the store because you put a can of beans in your backpack.

When you are tired in RL and say your character was out of it

i woke up in a daze after like 24 hours of armaII and DayZ and my g.f said you were out of it yesterday i responded with "ye my character was so out of it yesterday " then realized i refered to myself as a character and went wow i have an addiction LOL

• Like 1

I was walking the dog the other day and heard some flies that sounded exactly as they do in game with a dead body...yes I did check the area for a corpse but there wasnt one, must of been a bug.

• Like 1

When I go through doors my heart beats faster and I prepare for the worse.

I was driving to work this morning and saw a large barn at the side of the road and instantly thought; "I should check inside there for supplies" XD

I was walking the dog the other day and heard some flies that sounded exactly as they do in game with a dead body...yes I did check the area for a corpse but there wasnt one' date=' must of been a bug.

[/quote']

:D

A friend of mine introduced me to Rogaining recently.

The whole time I was thinking to myself how handy these navigation skills can be in DAYZ.

Rogaining is a sport of long distance cross-country navigation, involving both route planning and navigation between checkpoints using a variety of map types. In a rogaine, teams of 2-5 people choose which checkpoints to visit within a time limit with the intent of maximizing their score. Teamwork, endurance, competition and an appreciation for the natural environment are features of the sport. Championship rogaines are 24 hours long, however rogaines can be as short as 2 hours.

When you see something in the distance and you try to "+" your own vision.

I was watching a squirrel in a park the other day and was like "it must be like Day Z for that squirrel, trying to stay away from all the humans while searching for food etc".

- When your entire shopping basket is comprised of soda, beans and mac n' cheese.

- When you hear a loud bang and the first thing you ask is WHO IS SHOOTING IN CHERNO!?

- When you are late for work and you make a run for it... crouched.

I passed a field full of sheep on my way home from work yesterday. All that I could do was think that each of those bitches could give me 5 steaks!

Not DayZ related, but I remember some years ago when I played Crysis, I used to check stuff out with my binoculars. One day I was walking home and saw some strange looking people and pressing B immediately sprung to my mind.

When you hear a loud bang outside your house and think "OH FUCK! I better crouch-run out of this neighborhood."

or in the same situation

"I better turn off all these lights before a bandit see's me!"

Not DayZ related' date=' but I remember some years ago when I played Crysis, I used to check stuff out with my binoculars. One day I was walking home and saw some strange looking people and pressing B immediately sprung to my mind.

[/quote']

I know exactly where you're coming from. I saw something in my garden from the hallway through the kitchen window and not only did I think about pressing +, I actually moved my hand to try and press it.

I didn't play DayZ for the rest of the day.

I heard a sound outside during a storm that sounded just like a zombie who just saw me, and I found myself in my closest, loading my shotgun in preparation for the zed horde.

You know you're addicted when you go to your friend's house and check every cupboard for beans

I was at a gas station the other day and while getting in the car I saw a large warehouse looking building (like the one just south of the Stary Sobor tents) that looked exactly like it. Caught myself doing a double take..

I was walking the dog the other day and heard some flies that sounded exactly as they do in game with a dead body...yes I did check the area for a corpse but there wasnt one' date=' must of been a bug.

[/quote']

I looted it and hid the body :)

When I bought a can of Heinz Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce.

When I tried to use ALT-looking in Skyrim.

When you see bean/coke/pepsi cans at your local store. First thing that comes into your mind is DayZ.