Sign in to follow this  
thegalakrondian

Weight, encumbrance, stamina, speed

It seems unrealistic that a normal, average Joe Schmoe that wandered out of his house during a current-day post-apocalyptic Russia would have the elite conditioning of a full-jacked soldier of any caliber... That leads me to the point of this thread. If you happen to find a full set of camo clothing and put that on, it should have an impact on your speed, mobility, and stamina. It should also affect your temperature in snowy conditions because from all that running around and sweating, if you didn't know, water drains heat from your character's core body temperature 25% faster in normal air (little or no humidity). That being said, weight and encumbrance should affect your core body temperature also. In unfamiliar terrains with different weather conditions, such as deep snow, should slow your movement speed. I haven't heard of a weight % encumbrance system, however, if any of you played Mount and Blade, the game has weight & encumbrance for example.

Just my two cents.

• Like 3

Well, technically all the player models used in DayZ are soldiers, but I agree, in standalone there should be some system like this.

• Like 1

Well, technically all the player models used in DayZ are soldiers, but I agree, in standalone there should be some system like this.

Erm, seems weird that the only people that will survive are soldiers...

Erm, seems weird that the only people that will survive are soldiers...

What he means is that this is a mod of a war simulator, so all of the character models used in the mod were soldiers in the base game, and therefore behave like soldiers.

I agree with the most abilities to be leveled, but guns have a huge problem. It should only be the players ability how good he is with the gun.

I'd rather see crosshair removed, so you'd really have to aim, know the distance and know your gun. If beginners are worse in gun-control than pros, freshspawns have no chance of defending themselves against better players.

So I really don't think there should be any leveling concerning guns. But I would accept that strength (how much weight you can carry) and your general condition (low health = less max energy = less stable gun) can affect how you handle the gun.

Any "you are a noob so we just add random chance to miss"-method would fuck the game up imo.

I agree with the most abilities to be leveled, but guns have a huge problem. It should only be the players ability how good he is with the gun.

I'd rather see crosshair removed, so you'd really have to aim, know the distance and know your gun. If beginners are worse in gun-control than pros, freshspawns have no chance of defending themselves against better players.

So I really don't think there should be any leveling concerning guns. But I would accept that strength (how much weight you can carry) and your general condition (low health = less max energy = less stable gun) can affect how you handle the gun.

Any "you are a noob so we just add random chance to miss"-method would fuck the game up imo.

I see.

Clothing in general should have an impact on your movement anyway...i can't just put on layers of armor protection and a helmet and of course have a fullauto AS 50 TWS SD with a 200 round mag without moving a bit sluggish compared to a person who has light to no armor at all. I sure hope they also think of the downsides in SA and not just the looks, having an item limit instead of a weight limit = encumbrance = less stamina won't make it authentic...or should i say realistic?

Edited by Enforcer

Clothing in general should have an impact on your movement anyway...i can't just put on layers of armor protection and a helmet and of course have a fullauto AS 50 TWS SD with a 200 round mag without moving a bit sluggish compared to a person who has light to no armor at all. I sure hope they also think of the downsides in SA and not just the looks, having an item limit instead of a weight limit = encumbrance = less stamina won't make it authentic...or should i say realistic?

Very nice.