diddums

Controversial?

Firstly, allow me to introduce myself a bit. My name is David, I'm 29 years young and I started playing Day Z a couple of days ago. I've found a server with a decent community on it which is 24/7 daytime which is perfect for my noob needs at the moment. I record everything I do which goes on to a Youtube channel but I'm not going to be broadcasting that as of yet.

Anywho, I'd like to share a story:

I died, as I do. I have no idea about navigation or how to tell where I am, at the moment my concentration is purely on staying alive and getting a grip on the zed mechanics. SoO I respawn near a town and start having a look around. I walk into a fairly large tower and find some weapons and whatnot lying around (I think this was a fire station, but I can't be sure). Luckily there were some weapons as I had a few walkers in pursuit.

I managed to kill them and as I was still looking around, I hear that "cling, clang" of shoes on metal steps. I start looking around and lo and behold, someone's coming up the stairs. This was my first encounter with another player and I shat myself, but he didn't kill me. I point out that I'm friendly and have no intention of harming him when I get in to a dialogue with "him" and "he's" telling me he can't see me. Later on I hear someone say "don't kill him", so I respond again saying I'm friendly and mean no harm. A few seconds and some considerable conversation later a sniper turns up, ghillie suit and all. Now as I know nothing of the game, I don't want to startle anyone or make any enemies so I play it cool and so does he. He informs me that the person I was conversing with wasn't the person in front of me, but rather someone on the global chat channel. You can imagine the confusion.

So this guy gets injured so I offer to help him out at which point he makes it fairly clear that he needs to get the hell out of here because he's fairly seriously injured. He invites me for a lift in his car, he had a nice shiny mint condition land rover defender - this was no noob to the game.

I reluctantly agree and so begins out relationship and evening of adventures. He takes me to one of his camps and gives me a gun. I administer a blood transfusion and vice versa, and we're all set. We hop back in the car and set off in search for a chopper. This was in vain but he remembered that there was an Osprey nearby so we go to see if we can find that. On the way we make a stop at some or other city and there's a biplane just standing there. At this point we realise that there are only three people on the server so we chance it. A rather eventful take off and we're up, every zed in a 10 mile radius chasing us. We approach an airfield and there are two Ospreys that look like they're getting giggity. We fly low and realise we are heading in too fast so we turn back and try again. My new found friend tried for all he had to land the plane safely but it appeared that the propeller dug into the ground and killed us.

I also found out that this person has -32k humanity and is in a rather well known bandit clan on the server. I think that given slightly different circumstances this would have been an entirely different story. He was very apologetic for killing us but for my first night playing Day Z, I couldn't have wanted for more.

Apologies if this was a bit of a ramble, but coming fresh from Call of Duty it's nice to be dealing with people that show compassion, even if it's only momentary.

• Like 8

Thats a bold move mentioning you are from CoD, but you seem to have the mentality towards it that I do. Play it just cause you do, but you hate every mother fucker on there cause all they are is juvenile little dipshits who feel the need to tell everyone that they are a "Fag" and they "Fukd ur mom lst nite"

But that really is a different story, hearing that a Bandit was actually nice. Maybe he had a change of heart, Maybe his humanity was because he protected himself enough times from the KoS mentality people.

I'm with pax here, hearing that someone who is a known bandit actually helping someone is a odd occurrence around here,

Have some beans for the delightful story, post more?

Sounds alot like my first ever session on this game a week or so again....minus riding cars and planes that is! I also was helped by a guy after i gave him blood, taken to his camp and given a gun etc. It was a great first experience.

Since then i've come across plenty of kos bandit types and even killed a guy on sight out of fear myself (basically turned and faced a guy indoors at close quaters....it just happened).

You'll come across all sorts but if you find a server where good things are happening stick with it i say.

Play it just cause you do

Exactly, the only reason I play call of duty really is because of the social aspect of it. I have loads of friends on it and we can really enjoy each other's company so we just group up and roll with it.

post more?

Absolutely. When I find a game I can dedicate myself to for a while I like to get involved with the communities surrounding said game too, you can expect me to contribute some more here ;)

You'll come across all sorts but if you find a server where good things are happening stick with it i say.

Luckily I came across a private hive that seems to have a great community. People help each other out and generally stick together, except for this bandit fella. He did make it very clear though that should I cross paths with him again, I should either run or take him out as he can't be friendly when his clan mates are around.

I have the whole thing recorded if anyone wants a look.

• Like 1

Proper.

That's the proper mentality that DayZ players should incorporate if they want to survive.

Not everyone will stand up to the task.

They will leech.

Steal.

Kill.

But it is good to know that there are those who will subside and fight to control these villains of society.

...even if we have to become them as well.

• Like 1

Woah, A guy from CoD who is accepting of our culture and cool... Some one hand this man a nice refreshing can of beans!!

• Like 1

Cheers folks, a warm welcome always goes a long way. I'm not sure what the rules are on Youtube channels but I couldn't find anything in the stickies about it. If anyone wants to see the above story played out from a complete noob's perspective, you can check it out at:

www.youtube.com/diddumsdoesgaming

Obviously if this is a breach of code of conduct please let me know and I'll remove the link.

Ah, another cool dude who just wants to enjoy the game. I played CoD one time...MW1 that is. I had nothing to do with the series after WaW. I'm glad to see a new player accepting of our culture and willing to share his stories of life, love, and loot. As I raise a toast of beans, huzzah!

CoD player who is mature and didn't kill on sight ... my life is complete.

I hope you enjoy and prosper in this wonderful game (mod).

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, I intend to stick around a bit and post my adventures on Youtube so hopefully some others can enjoy my shenanigans too :)

Just watching your videos a bit, pretty funny when you got confused about who you were talking to.. Also amazed the guy coming up the stairs didn't shoot you. That's just pure lucky there, i wouldn't expect situations like that to happen again too many times :l

If you want someone to play with feel free to PM me here on the forums, i just recently returned to Dayz after not playing it for months. Been playing with a guy from australia a bit, just a shame his timezone is so different from mine ( I'm Swedish).

Eh... I'm a known bandit too on my server. Being a bandit can get lonely and boring. I find it refreshing to give the new guys a 'tour of the game' by giving them a ride and a gun.