TonyStarks

Why is this mod so popular among russians?

Thank heavens for the *Russian* and/or the eastern developers, most of the better games imho are coming from these people.

As far as the player base is concerned I have a high esteem after playing on the RO/RO2 servers for a long time, they have pretty much kept the game alive.

• Like 1

I think it is because they like shooting the Zeds that look like Putin.

Jeez' date=' guys. Maybe it's because ARMA 2 is set in RUSSIA? Why did more people in Britain buy The Getaway more than anywhere else?

The ARMA 2 server list has a huge presence where many of the domination games are geared towards Opfor vs. Blufor, not the other way around. They like PLAYING as Russians, too. Imagine that.

[/quote']

Much like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Is it such a surprise?

Bohemia Interactive

Prague, Czech Republic

Bohemia Interactive (BI), also referred to as Bohemia Interactive Studio (BIS), is an independent computer and console game developer based in Prague, Czech Republic. The company is managed by Marek Španěl, who is also co-owner of the company.

:dodgy:

I like Russia, and think it's cool that many russians like MilSims because it supports the developers.

However that said it seems like if you aren't russian they will kill you on sight. Out of 5 times I was murdered, 4 times it was a russian dude :(

For all the people who suppose that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a game made by Russians. It was made by Ukrainian team. And Chernobil' with Pripyat' are Ukrainian places.

For all the people who suppose that World of Tanks was made by Russians. It was made by Belorussian team.

However there are lot of russian speaking citizens living in these post-soviet countries. Of course, the gamedev teams who made the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and WoT having lot of Russian employees.

As about references to Russia in DayZ mod. A map of Chernorussia is just a random map with objects decorated and named in soviet-style. Аnd besides with huge amount of bloopers.

Chernarus is based on an area in the Czech Republic, just as Takistan is based on a real terrain and Limnos Island for ArmA 3 is based on a real greek island.

Most of the best realistic games come from the East, the likes of IL-2, Men of War and OFP/ArmA.

They had a heavy presence in Haven and Hearth as well. Maybe they just like survival style games..

Have you seen what Russia looks like? Russians don't have much to do up there. :P

I'm not trying to offend anyone here' date=' just wondering. There seems to be a large minority of Russians/Cyrillic script using people playing this. Even the official forums have a whole section dedicated to them. Any english speaking Russians care to explain?

[/quote']

Because this is the Russia version of The Sims. Very nice!

Uh....they like to play games like a lot of other people? I think you'll find the same amount of Russian people playing other games that allow both countries on the same server.

I guess maybe you've never played a game that allowed multiple countries to join the same server before?