97ADU Doug

Underground Subway?

Just a thought, there are no really dark closed in areas in chernarus, or any other maps for that matter. And when I mean dark and enclosed I mean its pitch black even during the day. It would be awesome, I'm thinking something along the lines of fallout 3 tunnels. The dark, infested with zombies, a flashlight on the end of the m4, gunshots that light up the tunnel for a split second to reveal the horror of the zeds within.

Yes no? of course there would need to be a motive to go down there. Barracks perhaps? maybe a repairable train, (bit of an unrealistic idea with the train, but maybe for the future?).

Some sort of cave at the very least?

Thoughts.

• Like 9

I would like them to add some Kind of Capital City ,maybe West of kamenka,

Where there be subways, maybe they could also add some Mountains with railway Tunnels.

Or cellars would be nice, too.

• Like 1

Chernarus as most DayZ maps i've seen are too rural..subways are more a megacity kind of phenomenon imo.

• Like 1

Chernarus as most DayZ maps i've seen are too rural..subways are more a megacity kind of phenomenon imo.

A cellar Type area under a Military Base would do The Trick in my oppinion.

I like the idea, how about an underground sewer system?

I'd try to go for underground sewers and also underground Research facilities... All f}%*+d up and decayed of course..! :)

I like the idea, how about an underground sewer system?

That would be a lot more logical because you can find those everywhere. You might not fit into all of them but still more common than an underground railway running underground in the wrong areas.

like it a lot! Think theres a few things fallout3 got right that could be implemented in SA

Good concept. I've only seen a tunnel once in a DayZ map and that's somewhere in Taviana, however, I'm not entirely sure how easy it would be to make it dark and gritty.

Perhaps if the concept of out-of-world underground bases is implemented, then maybe out-of-world tunnel systems and that could also end up being added... That way, it could be easier to create a dark, gloomy atmosphere seperate to daylight on Chernarus.

• Like 1

Great idea. Would love to see a much more urban area in Chernarus with some kind of underground tunnel or tunnels (railway/subway/sewer). There could be some eroded areas on the roof that let in a little light in parts and also have some flooded areas or standing stagnant water and maybe rats.. I'm the type of player that would live in these tunnels eating rats and scaring the beejesus out of people :D

Just a thought, there are no really dark closed in areas in chernarus, or any other maps for that matter. And when I mean dark and enclosed I mean its pitch black even during the day. It would be awesome, I'm thinking something along the lines of fallout 3 tunnels. The dark, infested with zombies, a flashlight on the end of the m4, gunshots that light up the tunnel for a split second to reveal the horror of the zeds within.

Yes no? of course there would need to be a motive to go down there. Barracks perhaps? maybe a repairable train, (bit of an unrealistic idea with the train, but maybe for the future?).

Some sort of cave at the very least?

Thoughts.

Most definetley.. and sewers aswell, sewers/subway could be used as alternate way to cross a city rather than using the above exposed streets exchanged for tight dark tunnels would be soo CREAM.. this would also reinforce the idea of having batteries for lights etc and add a whole new element that would raise the game experience to a super cream fest level I do believe. Finding old lanterns and hardhats with lights attached in sewer/subway maintenance living quater(s).

So yes, finding items unique to the area(s) would be special .

I have got to admit I really like the idea of the sewers. A sewer system leading in and around the city would be an amazing setting leading to some interesting action, or just a tense moment entering / exiting the area. Being freaked out the entire time.

Edited by cgSprite

Great idea. Would love to see a much more urban area in Chernarus with some kind of underground tunnel or tunnels (railway/subway/sewer). There could be some eroded areas on the roof that let in a little light in parts and also have some flooded areas or standing stagnant water and maybe rats.. I'm the type of player that would live in these tunnels eating rats and scaring the beejesus out of people :D

Hahaa yes indeed ! and you could obtain a "scum sewer dweller" skin after so many hrs spent in the sewer and you can make animal calls to scare players

• Like 1

Subway tunnels connecting the "big" cities would be cool, but not fitting in the setting. The cities are too small for that.

Sewers on the other hand would fit in. Maybe connected to some underground bunker, under/near the military spots, under the airfield, etc.

I dont think Subway have it place in chernarus since they have the train up :I

but the sewer is a good idea you could travel under the city and maybe end up in a water clean up thing (dont know the name)

or just get in the middle of the town in a loot area and take what you can.

There should be big and small sewer. One you can pass and some don't, you are too big/fat/tall you have to left your backpack behind or something like that.

It's a good idea. I'm sure a modern city, even in a rural setting, would have some kind of underground area as part of it's infrastructure.

Have some beans ... cellars in buildings, sewers and storm drains would be great.

Rocket talked about underground structures in presentations last year, in part at least as a solution to the potential performance killer of allowing players to build on the surface.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39614-underground-bases-opens-a-whole-new-world-of-possibilities/

Edited by RN_Max

Only if the fix the lighting. I can see this happening. Currently in Arma 2 engine (idk about the Helicopter game engine) light is pretty much glowing through everything. Aim it at a building? See the light on the other side.

Sabina, capital of Taviana does indeed have subway tunnels and even a subway platform. I also think the underground setting fits perfectly into DayZ ... just not every map. And what about Object A2 in Namalsk? I get much faster performance in that underground bunker - with lighting, computers, and flowing waterways than above ground.

How about goul type infected, exclusive to sewers? Then u can walk on the street and have these gouls creep up to u from rain water drains on the sides of the road.