Sign in to follow this  
RyumiLB

Two characters, same Computer, Same time.

Is it possible to run two DayZ's: with two different characters, at the same time?

I have my brother's account. I know about the switching between characters regedit thing, but can you do two different characters at the same time? My main character is unconscious and bleeding :(

Cry me a river.

It's a game, a game where you shouldn't get attached to your gear.

Spawn, die and stop being a pansy.

• Like 5

lol, just die and suck it up. Losing your stuff is actually what makes this game great

• Like 2

Cry me a river.

It's a game, a game where you shouldn't get attached to your gear.

Spawn, die and stop being a pansy.

Can this forum have reply's where the op isnt insulted and is given a serious answer :'(

• Like 1

Can this forum have reply's where the op isnt insulted and is given a serious answer :'(

He sounds pretty serious to me. I don't think it's possible. You sound like a combat logger so you won't get much sympathy.
  • Like 1

The thing is, that is a very serious answer and you don't deserve any more than the simple yet glorious advice he has given you. You're trying to circumvent a core feature of the game for your own personal gain. Suck it up and die. If you're guaranteed to bleed out while unconscious then you might as well let it come. Learn from your mistakes and accept the fact that you got beat by someone of better insight or luck than you.

Furthermore, most people detest combat loggers with a bleeding passion. They are leaches that slowly steal the life of an otherwise wholesome DayZ experience. Try playing on a good ole' fashioned vanilla, private white-list server and see how well they subsidize your bullshit. If you don't like that fact that you can will die and lose your stuff, you should remember this timeless adage: If you can't take the heat, get out of kitchen.

Also, anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out how to run two instances of DayZ at the same time. The thing is, your computer would most likely not be able to handle the performance strain.

Edited by Tigerbeetweenie

I'm being perfectly serious.

Pulling crap like that is up there with exploiting. It's cheating.

You're logging in on multiple characters to save yourself, pretty sad really.

Edited by Rossums
  • Like 1

You guys dissing the OP should honestly Foxtrot Oscar. Maybe you should call for the banning of the people offering medical services on the forums too.

The guy is bleeding and unconcious and it's 99% sure doesn't run with a team where in comparison it's easy mode. He's not in the middle of a firefight asking for a gun, ammo or a bloodbag so get of your 'my little pony' and stop being a little jocky twat.

• Like 2

You guys dissing the OP should honestly Foxtrot Oscar. Maybe you should call for the banning of the people offering medical services on the forums too.

The guy is bleeding and unconcious and it's 99% sure doesn't run with a team where in comparison it's easy mode. He's not in the middle of a firefight asking for a gun, ammo or a bloodbag so get of your 'my little pony' and stop being a little jocky twat.

If you're playing on your own it's a risk you take, so get off your fucking high horse because you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

It's a game, you die, it happens - just because he plays on his own you think he should be freely allowed to abuse the current system?

Getting other people to come help you is a bit different to logging in on two accounts to help yourself when something goes wrong, that's just pathetic.

The amount of time wasted dicking around on 2 characters he could have died, respawned and started to rearm already.

• Like 2

Serious answer. Deal with it, Spawn in. find your old body, simple. Dont like your spawn cause it isnt close to your body? Die again untill you get a close one.

Your gear should still be there if you died by zombies., if it was a bandit, Say goodbye to your gear.

The issue here is that he is most likely a combat logger and the fact that a certain subset of people play in groups has no affect on the meaning of this situation.

Apart from this being an exploit, you really shouldn't be asking this on a forum where...

...there is a graveyard...

...and there is a lovely sign that admits that any practice of exploitation or hacking will result in either thread lock or ban.

The thing is, that is a very serious answer and you don't deserve any more than the simple yet glorious advice he has given you. You're trying to circumvent a core feature of the game for your own personal gain. Suck it up and die. If you're guaranteed to bleed out while unconscious then you might as well let it come. Learn from your mistakes and accept the fact that you got beat by someone of better insight or luck than you.

Furthermore, most people detest combat loggers with a bleeding passion. They are leaches that slowly steal the life of an otherwise wholesome DayZ experience. Try playing on a good ole' fashioned vanilla, private white-list server and see how well they subsidize your bullshit. If you don't like that fact that you can will die and lose your stuff, you should remember this timeless adage: If you can't take the heat, get out of kitchen.

Also, anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out how to run two instances of DayZ at the same time. The thing is, your computer would most likely not be able to handle the performance strain.

It was a zombie, I don't combat log on people.

I was in a desolate town, trying to repair my SUV. I was crouch running, looking for spare parts. I just got hit a few times by a few zombies as i got stuck on a sign, and I found it ridiculous that I was knocked unconscious and bleeding. I wasn't ready to give up to death yet, because i wasnt swarmed, and I wasnt combat logging on a player, It was just ridiculous bad luck. Believe it or not, this can be just another play style. Log in weird situations. I wouldnt fuck someone in the ass with hateful comments on the forums just because of his unfortunate circumstances. I'm sure the forums are just like the assholes in the actual game that shoot on sight.

By serious answer, I mean direct. Daaaaaaamn. I'm talking about using two different key's in the regedit file. Its not the same as running two DayZ's.

Edited by RyumiLB

It was a zombie, I don't combat log. By serious answer, I mean direct. Daaaaaaamn. I'm talking about using two different key's in the regedit file. Its not the same as running two DayZ's.

You do realize that getting hit by a zombie and logging out still qualifies as combat logging right? Furthermore, swapping out your game keys won't do crap to save your character. He's still going to be down and out when you log back in.

There is such thing as the TMW...

Indeed there is. If you need help, hop on our TeamSpeak-server:

ts.dayzmedics.com

• Like 1

If you're playing on your own it's a risk you take, so get off your fucking high horse because you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

It's a game, you die, it happens - just because he plays on his own you think he should be freely allowed to abuse the current system?

Getting other people to come help you is a bit different to logging in on two accounts to help yourself when something goes wrong, that's just pathetic.

The amount of time wasted dicking around on 2 characters he could have died, respawned and started to rearm already.

He indeed is riding on a High Horse... never seen such a weird horse though..... Normally the dick isnt on its back right? :P

whats the big deal anyways?

spawn in, bleed to death, try to get back there in time before restart, loot your stuff.

i can't see how using a 2 characters at the same time would make any difference,

except if your dying character is wearing clothes you want to save.

and even if that fails, you can easily get everything you had back within a few hours.

i don't think its possible to run arma2 twice with different keys, but i guess you can always try...

run arma2 with key1

change key

run arma2 with key2

now that really isn't rocket sience...

Edited by Azrail

Ask a team of medics for help (they have a seperate forum for requests) or accept the fact that you made a mistake. You got stuck on a sign. We've all died for retarded reasons. Spawn back in, run to your corpse and get your equipment back. Coming on the forums asking for advice on how to beat the system will not get you any sympathy from anyone.

Is it possible to run two DayZ's: with two different characters, at the same time?

I have my brother's account. I know about the switching between characters regedit thing, but can you do two different characters at the same time? My main character is unconscious and bleeding :(

Well you can launch multiple instances of Arma 2 so If you have a good enough PC and the server doesnt restrict multiple logins from the same IP then you should be able to multi box

whats the big deal anyways?

spawn in, bleed to death, try to get back there in time before restart, loot your stuff.

i can't see how using a 2 characters at the same time would make any difference,

except if your dying character is wearing clothes you want to save.

and even if that fails, you can easily get everything you had back within a few hours.

i don't think its possible to run arma2 twice with different keys, but i guess you can always try...

run arma2 with key1

change key

run arma2 with key2

now that really isn't rocket sience...

Science*