- Infected on nearly every hit

- No Antibiotics or medical supplies in general available

- No loot in general available

- FPS Drops

- Zombie Knockdown like every 2nd Hit

- Cant lose zombies even when running LoS and 500m distance already

I definitely DONT like this patch.

Its not harder now, its UNPLAYABLE!

Pickup a hatchet and chop their heads off!

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda

My sugestion for the medicine situation:

Make Painkillers and Antibiotics like gun clips, each has some 10 or 20 pills and each time you use it you have 1 less left.

Simple, and people wouldnt mind there beeing less Antibios if they could use a single box multiple times.

Because honestly, you are the same devs that plan to implement wind efects to bullet flight path for improved realism.

Where is realism im eating a whole pack of painkiller or antibiotics, thats idiotic?

In RL one can die from that ...?!

• Like 4

I had DMR and 8 full mags. I defended as long a si could but run out of ammo.
Should have used a hatchet/machete :)
  • Like 1

So nobody has any problems adding their custom buildings back onto 1.7.7? <_<

My sugestion for the medicine situation:

Make Painkillers and Antibiotics like gun clips, each has some 10 or 20 pills and each time you use it you have 1 less left.

Simple, and people wouldnt mind there beeing less Antibios if they could use a single box multiple times.

That's an amazing idea!

Also, hatchet is the most useful weapon in 1.7.7 :D

• Like 1

Should have used a hatchet/machete :)

That's an amazing idea!

Also, hatchet is the most useful weapon in 1.7.7 :D

I love hatchet, been my baby even from the old days when you had to reload it to use it :)

But thinghs were going so fast i didnt think of it, zombies were climbing up on roof 2-3 at once, you couldnt tell them apart, there were maybe 10 standing on the same spot.

Speaking of hatchet, i think they should keep the reload function on it. It is dumb, but no other game EVER had that!! :-)

During 1.7.6.1 my frame-rate in NWA drifted between 50-70, but now in 1.7.7 i've dropped to about 20-23 FPS. Whats up with that?

The graphics is much more blurry now, the FXAA setting doesn't do much either - nor does any other setting.

Edited by Ironhuge
  • Like 1

The way i understand it they arent much difrent from normal zeds, only look dirtier and are suposed to have blood stains or something?

They are stil infected humans, no skeletons or creepers seen so far :)

i am laging so hard that the loot and the zombies is not even spawning :D

I was soooo looking forward to this patch! I was actually believing that this patch would bring back dayz! I was even more excited about the 1.7.7 patch than standalone.

But this patch really was a bad one. During 1.7.6.1 my frame-rate in NWA drifted between 50-70, but now in 1.7.7 i've dropped to about 20-23 FPS. Whats up with that?

The graphics is much more blurry now, the FXAA setting doesn't do much either - nor does any other setting.

Zeds are fine, I actually like them but the frame-drops makes it unplayable. Also, where are the new type of zeds?

Haven't experienced any loss of performance or blurriness myself, and i would of thought if this was a common problem we would of heard more reports of it.

Have you had the same frame drop on all servers you have tried? many servers have had problems with the install of the patch so maybe thats the cause.

And all i can think for a cause of blurriness is maybe your resolution is set wrong as that can cause a similar effect.

* [REMOVED] - M107 and AS50(Banned) from all loot tables and removed all damage from bullets so they do 0 damage even if spawned in.

Finally.

Great update guys, been a while since the last one.

In steam it doesn't show the patch in the betas tab. Can anyone help me?

Terrible patch. At least you could outrun zombies in previous patches, now having a couple of zombies after you is a death sentence. And of course it's very hard to avoid zombies with their superhuman vision, except at night. It's even harder to fight them because of the increased strength, speed, knockdowns and infections. And that's on top of an already broken combat system with it's awful aiming, glitching zombies and delayed melee. Now servers are starting to break, sending everyone to the debug plains every spawn.

No more DayZ for me. Maybe i'll play again if the standalone version is ever released and turns out to be worth something.

• Like 2

you, all of you. You must try and teach a new technique. Not just "got a bite - not give a fuck at all"

• Like 1

A very good patch with one exception - infections. The chance of infection is too high while the rate of antibiotics is just simply too scarce. This is game breaking for anyone that just spawned in or for anyone far away from medical spawns. I am not going to go into detail simply because i'd take too much effort, sometimes I am not in the mood for splicing words. Either decrease the chance of infection or provide alternative measures of prevention, that's not antibiotics.

I love the fact that loot is now a lot more rare. I am loving the new military loot spawns(though I do believe the south-west, Kamenka-side, area could've used a bit more love). I love the lack of foliage near downed choppers. I love the bandit skin and the journal(though it seems a bit gimmicky).

A lot of other good stuff, but sadly the game is nearly broken because of infections - those MUST be managed.

Edited by TiredMiner
  • Like 2

If you can't deal with stupid zombies then quit the game. I can't stop laughing at people that call themselves "pro" and die by zombies, what will you do in the standalone when zombies are going to be a lot more intelligent?. Anyway, infection rate is to damn high,very scarce medical supplies, crap loot on the coast and kinda crappy at north too, barely found anything good at the crashsites. Taking out the m107 and as50 was stupid(i didn't like that at all) you could have atleast lowered the damage or something not completly ban them and last but not least wtf do we do with planks and nails? build a shack or smth? don't mistake, i like the game to a challange but you kinda screwed us with the infection thing. the only thing i hate is taking out those guns and the infection.

LONG LIVE ZA HATCHET OF DOOM!

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 2

Terrible patch. At least you could outrun zombies in previous patches, now having a couple of zombies after you is a death sentence. And of course it's very hard to avoid zombies with their superhuman vision, except at night. It's even harder to fight them because of the increased strength, speed, knockdowns and infections. And that's on top of an already broken combat system with it's awful aiming, glitching zombies and delayed melee. Now servers are starting to break, sending everyone to the debug plains every spawn.

No more DayZ for me. Maybe i'll play again if the standalone version is ever released and turns out to be worth something.

You can still outrun zombies.... I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Also, I actually just went and tried to get infected and couldn't manage it before I was already dead from getting hit so many times. Am I just lucky, or what? lol

Now servers are starting to break, sending everyone to the debug plains every spawn.

Yes, there is a thread going on about this issue right now. If you could please post there about that bug I'd appreciate it.

- Infected on nearly every hit

- No Antibiotics or medical supplies in general available

- No loot in general available

- FPS Drops

- Zombie Knockdown like every 2nd Hit

- Cant lose zombies even when running LoS and 500m distance already

I definitely DONT like this patch.

Its not harder now, its UNPLAYABLE!

Seems like you should start carefully avoiding zombies.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

1.7.7 is now working well for us on our servers. Had some issues at first with the hiveext.dll from DayZCC but its been updated and now works without any issues :)

I am liking all the changes to this new patch, expect the removal of the 50 calibres. The sound of them going off used to be a big scare factor, now we're scared of a DMR sniper? Pfff LOL

Overall very good work by the devs :)

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda

Imo the patch ruined alot of stuff.

Wow, good thing we have your super informative post on why you think it did.

I'm a new(er) player myself(started a month ago) and 1.7.6.2 was just a clusterfuck of "grab everything you can and hoard all the things!" type of gameplay. Last night I ran through Cherno on my server and I found a total of 1 bandage and a few cans. It sucked, don't get me wrong, but it's so much better than running into the church and finding an Enfield with 3 mags, BAP, compass, and 3 food/drink all next to each other(true story).

I'm even more drawn to playing and I want to play even more with this new patch.