r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

In-case anyone was wondering

this is the

"Backpack bug"

that used to happen

lol

Sorry if i won't agree with all the people saying this patch is wonderful but my opinion is that it's really bad. Infection rate is just sick and often is a death sentence. Zombie random aggro is still there, Zigzags aren't fixed nor is Zombies going thru walls. To survive more than 2 hours you need a backpack full of antibiotics, loot spawn is just super low and most often ends up spawning empty cans even in hospitals. Guns most of the time spawn without ammos but DMR is weirdly quite easy to find. Now if i get it correctly it seems that the dev team is happy with it and that is how the game is supposed to be. If that is true i fear that game isn't for me since playing "find the elusive antibiotic" online isn't my thing. Hope this kind of game finds its public but i am not part of it. I suppose amount of population on servers will tell us if that's what people really want dayz to be. In any case i am either out until a new patch corrects what has been broken or out for good if the game stays as it is with that version.

• Like 3

I constantly get "Addweaponcargo battleye restriction #24" or something like that while connecting to any 1.7.7 server and kicked instantly. I don't exactly remember what weapons I got on me but im sure there is an m249 and I'm a hero too... Is there any way to fix this? Tried to connect to a private hive with 1.7.7 mod running and it worked fine. So that's why i'm thinking that its something about my current gear on the main hive.

Any help is much appreciated

m249 is illegal. Only M249_DZ is legal and is whitelisted in battleye filters.

That is a script restriction and needs to be addressed by your admin by updating his/her filters.

"Script Restrictions are not issues with DayZ. Server admins must update filters. We will try to update as we go.

https://github.com/D...attleye-Filters " - Razor

Thanks for this clarification Fraggle, I'll try to find another server then ;-)

i have to agree rod above im not keen on this patch at all played a few server the last 48 hours and didnt like it at all, i spent 90 percent of my time infected and tryng to find antibioctics, i am a server admin and know i will be keeping my servers on the 1.7.6.1 patch. if you really wont dayz to be like the old days which i miss use one of the old patches and work on that being better without the bugs in it good luck

Edited by mrgreenfingers
  • Like 1

Thanks for this clarification Fraggle, I'll try to find another server then ;-)

On My Server i added that scripts i think it works 15 Players can't be wrong :D

I just wanted to say thanks for this update. My server had been sitting idle for months--DayZ had become too easy and was no fun for me. After reading the notes for the upcoming 1.7.7 patch, I decided to get my server running again, and start playing. It now feels like when I first started playing--life is hard. Please keep the tough zeds and sparse loot!

I'm not sure. When people rest, they heal. To keep me happy though it'd have to be a long process, not just a case of hiding in a bush for 20 mins.

So you want me to play a game where i lie in bushes for hours to heal?

That uninstal button shure looks tempting now...

Most of us have other things in our life that need doing, sometimes I'm not able to play a game for a couple of weeks because of work etc. that doesn't mean the devs should dumb the game down. DayZ became popular precisely because progress takes time and rewards patient, careful players, it was never supposed to be a game you dip in and out of for half an hour at a time.

There's a million other games out there already that cater to people that want a quick fix.

so by catering for less amount of a already niche game you are crippling it through a few easy things which were previously in your game not hrs ago. yes that makes sense to do and also giving the impression that standalone is going to be the same also hurting sales.

as i said i love thegame but you telling me looking for one can of beans for 3 hrs which might not be there is good game or fun ? regradless of time or job you do its a stupid move.

what hasnt been looked at is big servers have a extra effect on what has been changed and the majority of the loyal dayz followers play on these servers.

i can do the john rambo one man threee hr bean stalk and slide by the zombies but is it fun ! no.

also check this out tihnk of standalone and what i just said about loot for eg .

as it is now a busy 50 man server hardly find a can of beans or a bandage then in standalone what does dean say a server can handle ? 150 people ! hahahahahahaha

hows your day been on dayz well i spent a solid week looking for food i found a tin of empty something cant wait to get back in and play another week with nothing.

not only this 150 people yes x3 less loot what about new spawns?

spawn in no weapons sounds realisitic oh wait, sniper in churno bang bang bnag bangbanbgnwgdsgsnangnw we cant do shit we have nothing ! i played for a week of constant headshots to my brains uninstallllllllll . thee wont be loot either cause theres so many competing for te one revolver that spawned last week ! wake up see logic guys.

right back to reality.

im not saying this to be awkward im saying this as people need to think about this stuff before just banging this out. in a few easy steps you going to ruin the fun in the game and people will stop instantly playing. fun first function after.

this is what im getting at. i get what your saying but its not as fun as the previous way. fun will outlast function everytime in video games. it keeps itgoing long after some diehard been collector whos moved on.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

Infection can be balanced out with other means antibiotics is not the only way.

Howso? Infection can only by cured by antibiotics, and only it's damage over time is balanced out by eating or bloodbagging. Without antibiotics, you cannot remove the cough, and it is much more difficult to keep your blood above zed knockout range. I guess you could be constantly snacking to stave off the health loss, but how much food do you need to carry to make it from Three Valleys to NWAF without dying of infection?

And again, this wouldnt even really be an issue, but since the loot mechanic has been changed as well, on a full server it is very rare to find a fresh medical area that hasnt already been picked clean. It's a good idea, its just terribly unbalanced right now.

• Like 1

I climbed the sniper tower in Cherno (highest building) to watch some noobs that walk around, desperatly looking for Antibios.

Shot once to scare a player, but it made zeds realy mad. They formed a horde and started climbing up the ladder like in hundreds.

I had DMR and 8 full mags. I defended as long a si could but run out of ammo. Than i jumped off the roof and stoped playing.

Is thet normal or was someone spawning zombies on me?

Update: I tried again the same scenario only took my MK48 and 600 rounds.This time server ran out of zombies lol.

Edited by marko4231
  • Like 1

yep needs tweaking

on small test servers it may seem good but on big 50 plus servers it sucks ass and majority of players will be on big servers not servers with 10 player on.

its gone from all loot to no loot in one giant step. a step to far to soon.

but you telling me looking for one can of beans for 3 hrs which might not be there is good game or fun ?

No... looking for one can of beans for 3 hours is just silly. Why would anyone spend 3 hours looking for one can of beans? In 3 hours you could likely find a hunting knife, a hatchet and matchbox, if you looked hard enough and didn't limit yourself to the big cities. Then you wouldn't need a can of beans. Hell, the only thing you really need to find is a hunting knife and something to kill an animal with. You can light the barrels in the various cities in towns where they exist and cook the meat.

The problem is that nobody wants to think outside the box, they want the game spoon-fed to them: "Give me beans, so I can stave off hunger, coke so that I can not be thirsty and a good gun so I can get my kill fix... all in half an hour, please." "Make it easier to survive so that I can get back to the important work of gathering with friends to shoot people, hello zombie - stay over there, please, while I take this shot, thank you very much."

but how much food do you need to carry to make it from Three Valleys to NWAF without dying of infection?
Why on earth would you need to go from Three Valleys to NWAF while infected?
Is thet normal or was someone spawning zombies on me?
You were making a ton of noise. And noobs running around Cherno looking for antibiotics preeeetty much get what is coming to them. They will either learn not to do that again... or... they won't.
on small test servers it may seem good but on big 50 plus servers
Played on a 100 slot server with close to 40 people on it. Was infected... killed a goat and took the meat, cooked it up and ate a steak. Watched a couple of people leave Stary to hit up a nearby heli crash. Went into a house and found 2 antibiotics in one loot pile. Found some good weapons, too... an MP5SD and an M4 CCO... on some poor sod who couldn't handle the zeds, I imagine - along with his Czech backpack and a tent. Edited by entspeak
  • Like 3

No... looking for one can of beans for 3 hours is just silly. Why would anyone spend 3 hours looking for one can of beans? In 3 hours you could likely find a hunting knife, a hatchet and matchbox, if you looked hard enough and didn't limit yourself to the big cities. Then you wouldn't need a can of beans. Hell, the only thing you really need to find is a hunting knife and something to kill an animal with. You can light the barrels in the various cities in towns where they exist and cook the meat.

The problem is that nobody wants to think outside the box, they want the game spoon-fed to them: "Give me beans, so I can stave off hunger, coke so that I can not be thirsty and a good gun so I can get my kill fix... all in half an hour, please." "Make it easier to survive so that I can get back to the important work of gathering with friends to shoot people, hello zombie - stay over there, please, while I take this shot, thank you very much."

no what people do is assume that and take one eg i said and think they havent tried what you speak of already.

loot all loot is rarer so it doesnt matter what method you use to try and achieve your goal if the loot isnt available in the first place !

so no spoon fed if you havent got a spoon in the first place.

go get a knife a matches and blah balh what if they arnt there either cause everyone else is doing same ? so it isnt a being spoon fed or skill its cause loot is rare and nothing else. as said they didnt figure in the factor of busy servers and loot . which is a mistake.

So yay... the patch arrived and it's really good. Unfortunately I hoped a bit more from the "cars buggs through walls" fix... Don't get me wrong, until now they haven't bugged through walls, but I can't use my car since it's bugged behind an edge of a garage and I can't drive it out :(

no what people do is assume that and take one eg i said and think they havent tried what you speak of already.
Ah... so, you spent 3 hours looking for one can of beans and then spent another 3 hours looking for a hunting knife and never found it?
loot all loot is rarer so it doesnt matter what method you use to try and achieve your goal if the loot isnt available in the first place !

so no spoon fed if you havent got a spoon in the first place.

go get a knife a matches and blah balh what if they arnt there either cause everyone else is doing same ? so it isnt a being spoon fed or skill its cause loot is rare and nothing else. as said they didnt figure in the factor of busy servers and loot . which is a mistake.

I played for a few hours today on US3279, a 100 slot server with close to 40 players on it at that time - found what I needed pretty quick... wasted most of my time heading back to my favorite camp area only to have a hard time finding a good place to put my tent. Now, some of that was dumb luck - on the part of some other poor sod who died in the middle of the road in Stary. I got my Czech pack off of him, along with his MP5SD, M4 CCO and that tent. But I was infected and found a couple of antibiotics in a loot pile in a house and a CZ550 in the long white barn. People are looking in the wrong places for things and relying on resources that are more scarce while not paying much attention to others that aren't. People aren't thinking outside the box. I passed up a number of hunting knives, water bottles because I'd already found one. The problem is people want to do one stop shopping in Cherno and Elektro and that's no longer possible - especially with the zed situation being what it is. Adapt. Survival of the fittest. And that no longer means simply the guy who's got the best weapon. Edited by entspeak
  • Like 6

Server admins WAKE UP and update the Battleye Filters!

* [Prerequisites]Battleye Filters must be updated manually by server admins. https://github.com/D...attleye-Filter

Its not fun getting kicked when trying to put bloodbag on a friend.

Updated on my servers :)

ive heard that you cant lose agro by blocking line of sight. Does that mean no more zigzagging through pines? Will a zed chase you from kamenka to NW if you stay out of buildings?

About seven or eight zombies chased me at balota airfield. You cant hide in a bush anymore, but i managed to lose them in 2-5 minutes. You have to be more claver now. And i like it :)

Just make sure they aren't next to other buildings or trees... and you can no longer spawn custom buildings inside other buildings. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Is there anything in this new update that would prevent custom buildings from spawning?

Not in this version.

• Like 1

Thank you for making it harder again! Seriously, it was TOO easy with zombies last patch. You SHOULD have to hide/crawl from them and the infection rate is perfect-- as is loot spawn, it makes it hard again.

Thank you, don't change a thing.

• Like 3

Is there anything in this new update that would prevent custom buildings from spawning?

Bump for this question.

Also did they up the amount of zombie spawns?

Also did they up the amount of zombie spawns?

loot spawn is not zombie spawn. Exterior zombies spawn anywhere behind buildings. Amount depends on your hardware configuration.