Sign in to follow this  
Gua

60+ fps in Cherno. How?

So I'm using an Arma 2 Editor to test FPS in Cherno and at the moment a have minimum of 25 fps. I was wondering if it is possible to have a minimum of 60 fps in that town?

The change of settings doesn't really change the FPS. And when I'm asking how, I mostly mean what hardware do a need to buy to solve this problem. Maybe SSD can help?

My current PC.

Clocked AMD FX™-8120 Eight-Core Processor (4.41 GHz)

8 Gb of DDR3 RAM

GeForce GTX 680

detailde specs.doc

Edited by Gua

arma 2 is not very optimized so the frames will be quite poor. your rig looks nice, the only thing i could suggest is changing some of the launch parameters or getting or a 690 (or the amd equivalent.)

60FPS is not the target-FPS for Arma-Games. if you are above 30, you are pretty good here. 25 FPS in large cities is really good. An SSD might help a bit (faster load times, less microstutter, overall smoothness since textures and objects are being loaded faster but it's not going to boost you up to 60FPS and really I don't think anything will.

Edited by smasht_AU

So I'm using an Arma 2 Editor to test FPS in Cherno and at the moment a have minimum of 25 fps. I was wondering if it is possible to have a minimum of 60 fps in that town?

The change of settings doesn't really change the FPS. And when I'm asking how, I mostly mean what hardware do a need to buy to solve this problem. Maybe SSD can help?

My current PC.

Clocked AMD FX™-8120 Eight-Core Processor (4.41 GHz)

8 Gb of DDR3 RAM

GeForce GTX 680

upgrade to a 8350 and oc to 4.8ghz

no need to upgrade your gpu for dayz that is more than enough

Edited by beatSTV

Wow... actually lowering setting does work for me. So the new question is, does it's possible to have minimum of 60 fps in Cherno on settings like this http://gyazo.com/dcb...90c3c79b1bacfdd or it's

meme-impossibru.jpg

Edited by Gua

Shadows and AA are massive FPS hits, personally I can boost my texture, terrain, ojects quality etc with no noticeable difference though. It's counter intuitive but In some cases lower settings will give you poorer performance due to how it works. (Forcing everything onto your CPU instead of utilising graphics card)

Edited by smasht_AU

Played a bit with settings. Got minimum of 30 fps with those http://gyazo.com/367...b572ae132eb071c

But still. Does machine that can run Cherno in 60 FPS on those settings even exist? And if it does, what parts of my PC a need to replace to make it run Cherno in minimum of 60 FPS with those settings?

Edited by Gua

it wont do 60 in cherno or elektro. Arma is not optimized well enough.

Good link Derpy

upgrade to a 8350 and oc to 4.8ghz

no need to upgrade your gpu for dayz that is more than enough

that will boost you up to ~45 fps in cherno

SSD didn't made any difference. Ordered AMD FX-8350 4GHz/8MB/2600MHz

SSD's do not help with FPS in gaming. They only help in loading times. And, if your setup is like mine, your games are not on your SSD to begin with due to the knowledge that there isn't a performance gain from it.

Mission accomplished with Intel 3770k overclocked to 4.5.

post-9136-0-98771500-1371754331_thumb.jp

post-9136-0-33069800-1371754339_thumb.jp

post-9136-0-64997100-1371754458_thumb.jp

post-9136-0-80066100-1371754533_thumb.jp

Edited by Gua

Mission accomplished with Intel 3770k overclocked to 4.5.

List your full specs and launch parameters, Also your ingame settings please that would be VERY handy for EVERYONE

EDIT: List EVERYTHING you have done to get 60FPS in Cherno and im sure ALOT of beans will come your way

Edited by JamesTrendall

My current PC.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz/8MB (BX80637I73770K) s1155 BOX (Clocked to 4.5 with Noctua NH-D14 cooling)

8 Gb of DDR3 RAM (Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1866 8192MB PC3-14900 (Kit of 2x4096) ) Somehow windows detects only 6 gb :(

GeForce GTX 680

Motherboard MAXIMUS V FORMULA

Windows 7 64

Settings and resolution in the link. Testing was made in Arrowhead editor. http://creashock-stu...am/settings.jpg

Detailed specs: http://creashock-stu...xlam/Report.zip

p.s. Launch parameter -nospash :)

Edited by Gua

it wont do 60 in cherno or elektro. Arma is not optimized well enough.

Good link Derpy

I don't know why people always claim A2 isn't optimized, this is WRONG. A2 is a military simulator and even used by Armys around the world. A2 does multiple calculations and can't be compared to any Shooter. Please read and gain knowledge before spreading these false information everywhere.

I don't know why people always claim A2 isn't optimized, this is WRONG. A2 is a military simulator and even used by Armys around the world. A2 does multiple calculations and can't be compared to any Shooter. Please read and gain knowledge before spreading these false information everywhere.

hes right, game need indexing ssd do provide performance and tomorrow im gonna shut down this topic weather or not ssd have effect on arma 2 because im gonna make 2 videos one with ssd and one with out and both videos will be in 1080i, then u can see for your self

Edit apperently my Camtasia studio 8 has expired:( sob

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz
  • Like 1

First, have a look into the well know Wikipedia and read that A2 is from 2009 with the engine developed for 10 years. How could they optimize A2 in 1999 for hardware of 2013 ?

Second, read about what A2 is calculating realtime: "Every weapon in the game fires projectiles with real trajectories, drop off, and penetration characteristics. As such, no weapon system in the game is a "guaranteed" hit – only after the engine has simulated the event can it be determined if a given shot or missile has hit the target."

Wikipedia

First, have a look into the well know Wikipedia and read that A2 is from 2009 with the engine developed for 10 years. How could they optimize A2 in 1999 for hardware of 2013 ?

Second, read about what A2 is calculating realtime: "Every weapon in the game fires projectiles with real trajectories, drop off, and penetration characteristics. As such, no weapon system in the game is a "guaranteed" hit – only after the engine has simulated the event can it be determined if a given shot or missile has hit the target."

Wikipedia

First of all, Arma 2 hates AMD processors. Second, Arma 2 i still not optimized, cause it's not normal that you need such a hardware that wasn't available when the game came out, to get 60 fps on the map where nothing is going on. But this topic isn't about that.

hes right, game need indexing ssd do provide performance and tomorrow im gonna shut down this topic weather or not ssd have effect on arma 2 because im gonna make 2 videos one with ssd and one with out and both videos will be in 1080i, then u can see for your self

Edit apperently my Camtasia studio 8 has expired:( sob

This topic isn't about ssd performance. I don't see the need to shut it down, cause some people might still have some questions. Also compering fps when recording software working in background is a bad idea.

First of all, Arma 2 hates AMD processors. Second, Arma 2 i still not optimized, cause it's not normal that you need such a hardware that wasn't available when the game came out, to get 60 fps on the map where nothing is going on. But this topic isn't about that.

1) You're right that this topic is not about the A2 engine, but highly related to your question about a constant 60 fps. So if you're not interested in background and details, there's no point in asking about the performance.

2) Saying "Arma 2 hates AMD processors" is again wrong but otherwise confirms that we speak about an engine that was started developing in 1999 with available hardware, and not for future AMD processors.

3) Arma2 will never be "optimized" as we already have ArmA3 out.

4) And yes, ArmA is "not normal" and no "normal" "FP Shooter" in any way

Edited by gambla

The sole reason of this topic was to find a hardware to play DayZ comfortably. I was not expecting a holy war in this topic. But it seems you want one :(

The fact that it is based on an old engine, doesn't change the fact that Arma 2 performs bad on AMD processors, that it doesn't give a dam about multy cores systems, and it runs bad on pretty much everything. And I'm not comparing arma 2 performance with "normal FPS" whatever it means. I'm comparing it with any game I've ever played (MMO, Openworld RPGs, Openworld FPS...)

From all games I've ever played, including some pretty bad optimized titles, Arma 2 still holds a flag of the game with the lowest performance.

"Arma2 will never be "optimized" as we already have ArmA3 out."

Well I know. They need to write new engine or rewrite oldone for those problems to be solved. Same case with Arma3, since they basically used same engine with enhancements.

I don't want any "war", i try to explain that ArmA2 is NOT a GAME (!) and so not to compare with whatever game in history. And i've tried to explain above that the old engine is one or the only root cause for running bad with AMD. And btw. it runs pretty well with my rig, CPU and GPU are well utilized, see thread in my sig for details.

ArmA2 is NOT a GAME (!)

I think we can end discussion.

Edited by Gua

I think we can end discussion.

Perfect, congratulations for understanding that we talk about a combat simulator. Btw. FPS = first person shooter = Game

I'm done here, good luck.