ThagaSa

1.7.1.2: Dropping weapon drops ~60 hatchets + crashes server?

Date/Time: N/A

What Happened: So every time you drop a weapon it also drops 60 or so hatchets, 30 seconds afterwards the server will crash.

Other: Anyone else getting this?

Edit: It also drops crowbars at the same time in addition to hatchets and they both have a shotgun ammo icon.

Is that what was happening? I've just been trying to walk out of a building and every server I join keeps crashing.

shouldn't this be in bug reports instead of general?

This is really bigger than a bug report when it crashes entire servers and dumps everyone on it.

It SHOULD be in bug reports, but General is where everyone is. So this is reaching more people who are derping up all the servers.

Jesus.......I thought they said it went through basic functionality testing before they put it out...

Jesus.......I thought they said it went through basic functionality testing before they put it out...

You are the "basic functionality testing" this is an alpha TEST.

Since this is a mod they probably lack a lot of the automated testing tools they would have to easily catch stuff like this normally.

Go figure.. i just made a thread about this same thing. lmao. Yeah, it is a bug that they need to fix. Did you get a pop-up error about "hatchet.cfg" like i did?

Usually I ignore those errors.. but then this happened.

No no no. I understand it is an Alpha.

I've Alpha/Beta tested several games in the last few years (WoT, WoWP, MechWarrior Online, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, etc.) and I know there will be bugs

BUT

Rocket said when they released the last patch (before the hotfixes) that his crew runs a "basic functionality test" before releasing it to the Alpha testers.

>.>

I've Alpha/Beta tested several games in the last few years (WoT' date=' WoWP, MechWarrior Online, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, etc.) and I know there will be bugs

BUT

Rocket said when they released the last patch (before the hotfixes) that his crew runs a "basic functionality test" before releasing it to the Alpha testers.

>.>

[/quote']

I don't know if you noticed, but there was ONE server running testing for this 1.7.1.2 build all day, it had SIX players in it AT MAX. So, to say they could effectively test it and see the bugs occuring is unrealistic, when you pack 50 people into a server, you'll really see the bugs come out, and so we saw them. And now... We wait.

I've Alpha/Beta tested several games in the last few years (WoT' date=' WoWP, MechWarrior Online, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, etc.) and I know there will be bugs

BUT

>.>

[/quote']

I don't know if you noticed, but there was ONE server running testing for this 1.7.1.2 build all day, it had SIX players in it AT MAX. So, to say they could effectively test it and see the bugs occuring is unrealistic, when you pack 50 people into a server, you'll really see the bugs come out, and so we saw them. And now... We wait.

WE'RE HELPING! :hurr:

I'm admin for US85, had same things happening with server crashing and hatchets. Also noted that picking up G17 it turned into two knives when put into inventory.

At risk of stating the obvious, I think the bug lies in the Weapons 1.3 file given the reports so far.