willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

You should have said that one Dude the other post was offensive to me so I answered with defence.

@Very Ape your name expresses my opinion about your ''clever'' sarcasm.

What's this? A person with a 'primate' style user name and a person pointing this it out while being condescending after being offended? Where have I read this before? If I had unprotected sex for every time that happened, I'd have Aids by now.

Oh Internet, don't ever change :rolleyes:

I hope the next thing they will anounce is , fuck this we're going to start from scratch and build an entire new engine.

I would love to see the rage of you people with no patience!!

It wouldn't be a question of patience. It would be damn annoying regardless.

I love how their's this image of a Buddhist Monk with total enlightenment, spiritual tranquillity and "Unlimited patience" surrounding people who are saying they don't mind waiting, they should take as long as they want and that they don't care etc etc.

It's getting old and their's a slight smell of smugness to it and it's turned into a band wagon of some sort :lol: (just saying it how it is, I don't know any of you and have no desire to offend any of you either, i'm just observant, like to compare things to things and share my insights as you'll see...)

I watched a documentary that's touched on previous musings of my own, it's called, "What makes us human".

At the end, it mentioned that we have a serious advantage because we're born premature, compared to other animals. Other animals can walk and talk within weeks or days.. while human babies are useless for a few years. This gives us much more time to learn, become aware of our environment and our existence long before we actually interact with it. Essentially becoming the Apex Predator.

Animals have more of a gene coded memory than we do, so they know how to walk much sooner than us. It takes just weeks/months to leave a nest (Call of Duty> Every yearly games etc, Takes no time to leave a nest)

We have a learning based memory, So we have to learn how to walk, instead of it being coded into our memories. Takes 18 years to leave the nest. (Games that release with Alpha/Beta stages)

It really made me think about DayZ and the purpose of an Alpha release (considering DayZ is so superior, just look at how many developers have copied its model).

It's catch .22 situation.

If you say you want it now, it could be a crap alpha yet it would help to iron out the flaws sooner

If you say you want it later, it could be a great alpha yet the flaws would have a delayed repair time.

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 1

The Dayz team just needs a good PR representative. Someone who releases consistent status reports and calms down hype by going on like "Hey, alright, so here are X features you can expect to see within the public alpha build, Y are the features that are not yet implemented and are still in development, and Z is the list of things that we're immediately working on and prioritizing in terms of the next things we're working on. This list also isn't final yada etc." I mean, it's sad but true that people have unrealistic expectations of the alpha simply because the amount of information that people use to make these judgements simply isn't there. I don't expect the initial alpha to be nearly as good as the mod, and I'd (as well as the community) appreciate consistent dev blogs that are transparent, not wishy-washy, and direct to the point of sharing the status of the update.

It makes it incredibly easy for people to simply believe that once the engine was replaced, and the crafting/inventory/radios/animations were implemented, that all development halted. If someone were to simply step up and, not talk about "hey, new features!" But instead maybe even road blocks the team is encountering, not only would it be better for the community, it would also improve general discussions about it, and deflate hype without costing sales.

• Like 2

The Dayz team just needs a good PR representative. Someone who releases consistent status reports and calms down hype by going on like "Hey, alright, so here are X features you can expect to see within the public alpha build, Y are the features that are not yet implemented and are still in development, and Z is the list of things that we're immediately working on and prioritizing in terms of the next things we're working on. This list also isn't final yada etc." I mean, it's sad but true that people have unrealistic expectations of the alpha simply because the amount of information that people use to make these judgements simply isn't there. I don't expect the initial alpha to be nearly as good as the mod, and I'd (as well as the community) appreciate consistent dev blogs that are transparent, not wishy-washy, and direct to the point of sharing the status of the update.

It makes it incredibly easy for people to simply believe that once the engine was replaced, and the crafting/inventory/radios/animations were implemented, that all development halted. If someone were to simply step up and, not talk about "hey, new features!" But instead maybe even road blocks the team is encountering, not only would it be better for the community, it would also improve general discussions about it, and deflate hype without costing sales.

I dont really care about new features, for me the most important things are:

- MMO architecture (better performance, no laggy deaths)

- loot spawns by global server and is rare

- player is now serverside, no combat logging

- enterable houses

- more zods, more players

- clothing you can choose to wear

That's pretty much it. Awesome as hell, for me there could be just makarovs and AK74s in the alpha I dont really care.

Is there going to be bandit/hero skins in the Standalone? Or not with the new clothing system?

Is there going to be bandit/hero skins in the Standalone? Or not with the new clothing system?

I don't think there will be. I have read though that they are planning on adding something subtle ways to tell if your a bandit or not.

I don't think there will be. I have read though that they are planning on adding something subtle ways to tell if your a bandit or not.

I hope not it is just stupid.

I hope not it is just stupid.

Well it was still a plan so nothing set in stone yet.

I'm still open to have something very subtle though. Nothing unrealistic.

Well it was still a plan so nothing set in stone yet.

I'm still open to have something very subtle though. Nothing unrealistic.

I don't know if Dean realises it but this bandit system is just making it worse. Once you get a bandit (no matter is you killed in self defense or not) you have a hard time getting a survivor. You shoot on sight because you know everyone will shoot you on sight. Bandit systems are not preventing people from getting bandits, they actually create the bandits. Just the most stupiest system I ever saw in a MP game. ^^

Not really.

It all comes down to the one who gets first sight.

Will you murder them?

Or will you leave them be?

Will you murder them?

Or will you leave them be?

Better question would be, if they were you would they kill you?

atleast we still have support for the mod with arma 2. i been with them since i first seen sidestrafes first impressions. the mod is great and has alot of potential, ive seen maps the compass, bullets and other things go from a pouch to an accurate represebntation of what it would look like on the ground. Chernarus is huge and they have a lot of building designs and other things they need to make sure is on the up and up. i mean its better to wait and get a game that the weapons dont have to be placed in the backpack to equip or dumb little things like that. Im not a programer but i bet there are a thousand little bugs that if released now it would just turn more people away from DayZ, so DEVs take aslong as needed to bring us a good game, not tossed together game thats full of false advertisements and bug ridden like the BoreZ. thanks for what yall are doing an i hope the release of DayZ is kick ass!!!!!!

• Like 1

The funny fact is that this forum will be instantly abandoned with the launch hahaha.The exact moment that we will see it on Steam this topic will become history for the next generations......

• Like 2

The funny fact is that this forum will be instantly abandoned with the launch hahaha.The exact moment that we will see it on Steam this topic will become history for the next generations......

I hope there is someone here who tells me that it is actually out. :D

• Like 1

This forum will be migrated over to the Dayz Game site, so It will be live and well.

• Like 1

I don't know if Dean realises it but this bandit system is just making it worse. Once you get a bandit (no matter is you killed in self defense or not) you have a hard time getting a survivor. You shoot on sight because you know everyone will shoot you on sight. Bandit systems are not preventing people from getting bandits, they actually create the bandits. Just the most stupiest system I ever saw in a MP game. ^^

Very true in the mod because of the clear appearance that you are a bandit/hero/survivor.

If I would to give my suggestion on this it would be facial scarring/facial grimacing. For example, you spot someone from afar. You can't really see his face clearly from a far but if you get really close to him then you can, in a little way, know if he has been naughty or nice. But to make it fun, you wouldn't be a "bandit" that fast unless you really have massacred a lot of people and I mean killed probably a hundred or a thousand.

Dude there's no bandit/hero system planned to be implemented in SA.

Only thing is: you will get bloody after looting a dead corpse/meleeing one guy to death and the blood will stay for a little while.

Apart from that, no.

Edited by Hosty

One thing I'm noticing, I'm stalking this page every day: http://steamdb.info/...1/#section_apps

And it appears DayZ just got updated the SECOND time today.

Lately it's being updated every day during work days, like it wasn't updated this saturday/sunday but it was this monday and today.

Preparing for something, eh?

Edited by Hosty
  • Like 1