Sign in to follow this  
sobrix

add money to the game

Hi there,

When i play dayz and i have a plane, i give plane rides and tours around the map. Normally, i charge beans for a payment and use beans or weapons as a currency. However i was thinking, how cool would it be if they added money to it and then people would be able to play it more as an RPG instead of a dog vs dog. I hope my suggestion will be taken into account.

Thanks,

Sobrix

What should in your opinion be done with this money? Merchants? I'm afraid those are going to be some epic camp spots :P

Well money relies on an economy ... which relies on market trading / import / export / etc. So unless the Zombies learn how to drive trucks and play the stock market ... I would say there would be a zero chance.

Carry on doing what you are doing ... trading items and weapons. That is probably in reality what will happen when the outbreak happens. Money becomes nothing more then paper to wipe your bum with or light a fire with. Beans become more valuable and so do weapons.

I used to hold flea markets and sell items for empty tins / empty soda cans / empty bottles ... just for kicks. :)

• Like 5

Money does not make sense in the setting of the game. A currency system using credits, dollars, etc. as currency would feel very artificial.

However with the additions and changes in the SA such as the crafting system, (weapon degradation?,) less ammo/weapon spawns and single bullets (item) it would be quite possible for a metro203x-esque player-driven economy to start taking shape.

Money would be completely worthless in the apocalypse. Where are you gonna spend it? Supplies, bullets, things that would help keep you alive would become currency.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 4

Yea, i know it would be worthless however, people could use it inbetween each other just for the fun of it.

sure you can put in money in the game. what purpose will it serve? nothing...

Ill rather stick to trading rifle against rifle instead of having my favorite game turning into Warz where the zombies drops money and you can go and buy weapons and food with it.

besides you are talking about day z and dog vs dog? If there was money added to dayz that you could actually buy things with, the pvp would only be worse then it is now.

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

Yea, i know it would be worthless however, people could use it inbetween each other just for the fun of it.

So why have it in the game when it is worthless? The amount of effort required to keep a value on items and then have people have to store more things in their backpack/inventory ... just doesn't make sense. Sorry, maybe I am missing the point ... but there seems to be no point to your point about adding money.

And yeah ... WarZ ... that worked out well for them.

• Like 2

Been suggested. Been flamed, buried into the ground, and labeled as a horrible idea. Keep charging beans, good sir.

We already have a currency, it's this little thing called beans.

For example i charge 1 can of beans if someone asks for a ride somewhere in my car.

$ :beans:

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

We already have a currency, it's this little thing called beans.

For example i charge 1 can of beans if someone asks for a ride somewhere in my car.

$ beans_03.png

Or 1 can of beans for tug jobs in the church in Elektro...

Ha 1 can o beans will only get you a pee pee touch.

• Like 1

50 beans to take a ride in my handy dandy flying horse.

• Like 1

Ha 1 can o beans will only get you a pee pee touch.

I have over 7000 tins of beans. I will ruin you.

On topic, money only exists because we have banks to fulfill the promise that the piece of paper you are holding is worth what they say it is. Without banks it's just a piece of paper. A bartering system (as we have) would be the natural progression after the fall of banks.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

I have over 7000 tins of beans. I will ruin you.

Let's sit on uncle Gods comfy chair and discuss this..

Edited by GOD™

...and I was all like you will never get this you, will never get this...and then he gave me 7,000 cans of beans and he.....he got this.

• Like 3

Money would be completely worthless in the apocalypse. Where are you gonna spend it? Supplies, bullets, things that would help keep you alive would become currency.

No matter how apocalyptic it is, money will always be worth something and if you have everything you need there is nothing wrong in taking money for a trade.

And i really hope money is implemented aswell, it is afterall everywhere.

• Like 1

No matter how apocalyptic it is, money will always be worth something and if you have everything you need there is nothing wrong in taking money for a trade.

...if they do implement money, I hope it has no value other than starting a fire. Economics 101: No government or financial institution to back the note, it's not worth a damn thing. Apocolypse, government has fallen. No one is taking Russian Rupies anymore, because the Russian Government isn't around to say it can back it's currency with export, precious metals, energy, oil, etc.

• Like 1

Hi there,

When i play dayz and i have a plane, i give plane rides and tours around the map. Normally, i charge beans for a payment and use beans or weapons as a currency. However i was thinking, how cool would it be if they added money to it and then people would be able to play it more as an RPG instead of a dog vs dog. I hope my suggestion will be taken into account.

Thanks,

Sobrix

When society collapses money is worth less the paper it was printed on because society dictates the value of things. Bartering is the future in this setting. You could use the bills as some sort of exotic toilet paper if you want.

At least you didn't want the money, gun shops and general stores or else i would have kicked you in the ****.

I have over 7000 tins of beans.

And now you know why they added toilet paper to the game! The Fragglocalypse is near!

I say, make bullets rare. Let that become the thing people barter for.

if money were worth something it wouldnt be worth a lot. I would only trade for money if I run out of toilet paper