Sign in to follow this  
Mund

NPC Survivors

I don't see many zombie films/games/shows where zombies keep there head still and do absolutely nothing. They're always aware to find there next meal.

They move so fast that they are able to pass through apparently solid objects like walls That is definitely teleporting.(yes that is the cause of this bug in case you didnt know.)

their idle movements including head sway animations directly compensates where you are aiming your gun to make them hard to hit

i don't "get my information" from anywhere but in-game experiences.

Well you're clearly playing a different DayZ than me.

The reason they end up going through walls is down to the strafing that is programmed into the soldier AI.

The soldier is coded to use a zig-zag type run when he is approaching, this is to make them harder to hit - sometimes the pathfinding means that they will clip into a wall, this means they are tecnically in the building (According to coordinates) but as far as the zombie is concerned he is just stilll following you.

The only AI the zombie has in relation to a player is that any zombies in the area will be predisposed to congregate around the area you are located, even without any agro - you can easily test this be running though somewhere like Elektro and sitting in a building, the zombies will begin to congregate outside in the general viscinity of your location.

If you think the zombies move their head to compensate for your aiming, you have really no experience with the game. You can easily tell where a zombie is going to move its head, it uses the same animation over and over.

If you play a recon/sniper role a lot you will easily learn the movements so you can headshot from long distances - the head-bob does not take into account your aim whatsoever.

• Like 2

Well you're clearly playing a different DayZ than me.

The reason they end up going through walls is down to the strafing that is programmed into the soldier AI.

The soldier is coded to use a zig-zag type run when he is approaching, this is to make them harder to hit - sometimes the pathfinding means that they will clip into a wall, this means they are tecnically in the building (According to coordinates) but as far as the zombie is concerned he is just stilll following you.

The only AI the zombie has in relation to a player is that any zombies in the area will be predisposed to congregate around the area you are located, even without any agro - you can easily test this be running though somewhere like Elektro and sitting in a building, the zombies will begin to congregate outside in the general viscinity of your location.

If you think the zombies move their head to compensate for your aiming, you have really no experience with the game. You can easily tell where a zombie is going to move its head, it uses the same animation over and over.

If you play a recon/sniper role a lot you will easily learn the movements so you can headshot from long distances - the head-bob does not take into account your aim whatsoever.

the zombies only clip thru walls when they are moving at lightning speed it makes no sense that strafing would causes this since wals have hit boxes and and zigzag pathfinding should be aware of that, doesnt happen with arma 2 AI soldiers does it?no just zombies that move very fast and the game can not process the fact theres a walls hitbox there faster than the zombie can move, the last one i disagree with completely when you are aiming yes it is possible to headshot them if your fast but you have to be very fast the head movement is not in a consistent pattern like you said it is but very sublte so that if you try to lead them into your iron sight too slowly to line up the shot the head will never move for you to be on target you have to quickly snap and compensate it quickly to get the shot, yes i know zombies spawn and loiter around the player this wasnt an issue i mention in previous posts, another thing ive noticed which isnt about zombies but sometimes player will randomly run and dive forward when yopu want to prone, i realize this is another arma 2 animation but whats weird it only does it sometimes when your at a high point with risk of falling to your death ive never had it happen ever while on the ground

"the head-bob does not take into account your aim whatsoever." thats complete rubbish and a lot of people will know this from playing dayz you have to be fast, but its still very annoying and unrealistic

Edited by Rocky46

I don't see many zombie films/games/shows where zombies keep there head still and do absolutely nothing. They're always aware to find there next meal.

i agree but how many games where they know where your aiming and move their head wobble in an inconsistent pattern decided on where your aiming at that moment

They only sway their heads as thats part of the zombie animation. Not to dodge bullets.

its inconsistent in a way that they will never sway into a bullet even if you line up correctly to try make them do so

its inconsistent in a way that they will never sway into a bullet even if you line up correctly to try make them do so

You either have bad aim or your reaction is late, the zombie animation isn't inconsistent. Edited by BwobBwub