Crusader-

what brings you to day z ?

I am fairly new to the forums, but not to the mod and after browsing the dayz suggestions thread for the past few days it has become apparent to me that there are so many different players that want so many different things from the SA. This was indicated to me by the broad spectrum of ideas which if implemented would change the way the game is played by 80 percent of us and in some cases send the game into a completely new genre.

Gameplay ideas come in many forms, there are the suggestions born of personal frustration, ideas that would make the game easier or harder and ones that simply add to the immersion.

What we want from the game is determined by which genres of games we tend to normally play. The day z mod covers so much ground that it attracts a whole manner of gamers, which is good in one way but people need to realise day z is day z, it's unique, it may cover elements of survival horror, fps, tps, rpg, but it is not any of these it is day z and to try and send it down a generic route to make it too accessible would be a grave mistake in my opinion.

I personally have been playing for around 8 months and i still come back with the same enthusiasm everytime, and every firefight still has the tension, my thought process upon meeting a new player has changed since the beginning but at least a thought process exists which is more than i can say for any other mmo.

So after my ramblings as the title suggest i am asking, what keeps you coming back to day z ?

Edited by Crusader-
  • Like 2

The adrenaline rush is still there for me as well. Also made some good friends that I play with regularly.

• Like 1

Basically, I enjoy just the fact that this is one of the most realistic games ever. I also like killing zombies :). But the reason I dont ply COD zombies is because the realisticness. Its the best part. If it wasnt realistic, I wouldnt play.

The adrelaline rush and the fact that you never know what gonna happen next. It´s just unpredictable in a postive way

• Like 1

It's the open world for me. Sure there isn't many people in it, but I love having a huge map where I can build my base and fight zombies!

The fact that is the only game of its type.

Its the game ive always dreamed for

• Like 1

Hello there

What I like is Arma+survival+scavenging for loot+persistence.

I'd happily have this without zeds and against standard OPFOR ai. But as it has PvP and Zeds/Infected I go along with that quite merrily.

Rgds

LoK

I come from RTS games, so I definitely like the strategy/positioning of the game. It's always really fun to play with a squad and have all of the positions laid out. I do like just plain out looting too. :)

I like the sandbox concept: "it is your story.".

I can raid Cherno, scavenge forgotten towns in the far north, drink from a pond, repair a car, kill or avoid or help...

Two dayz ago I was bored and raided NWAF with an hatchet. Got killed after 45 minutes by a CoD kiddie who shot maybe 20 times before killing me, pathetic. :D

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_

What brought me? The survival aspect.

What did I find? A ton of banditos.

What did I do? Hide in the forests with my M24, picking off bandits that happen to by unlucky enough to come into my sights.

what brings you to dayz?

The smell of fresh bambies running through the cold mountains...

me and and my best friend are HUGE zombie fans, games, films, tv ANY zombies we love

we are also huge gamers

when we met 14 years ago we where talking about the fact that NO game has EVER done zombies right they are always

1 shoot as many zeds in the face a possible (L4D, killing floor ect.)

2 be like a film (Resident Evil, ect)

we wanted "what would happen in real life"

we always talk about what we would do in the zombie Apocalypse, and we wanted to try to be able to do that in a game

we have been designing this game for years (only talking we would not know where to start making it)

then there is dayz , Dayz IS our game, the mod could be our alpha (well not now more where it was 3 mouths ago before zombies became psychic)

everything we have ever talked about has been, is going to be, had been considered, or have been sort of talked about by the Dayz team

the tag line we have always used id put the survival in to survival horror, just as Dayz has done

so what brings me to Dayz, it has been the No.1 game i have wanted to play for 14 years

rocket is making my 14 year dream come true

• Like 1

Its innovation. Sure it has zombies, and they are an easy plot device, but the fact that this game is they only one of its kind. I've never seen a survival game like this, where you have this gigantic map and you have to scavenge everything to survive. Were there are other players and you have no idea if they are going to kill you or let you go on your way.. The fact that you can come back from the game and tell your friends the actual adventure you had in the game.Only problem I have now with it is the map Chernarus. Before it was new and exciting, I had no idea were to go and everything was new. Now because I have played it so much that feeling of exploration is gone. It's fine though the game is still fun and there are other new maps to explore.

Great replies guys, more than i expected actually. I like the looting etc but i also like the personal satisfaction of having worked for your gear, sat in a heli you repaired yourself with you as50 you gained from killing thay bandit that nearly got you, nobody knows how you got your gear... there isnt a number and a badge next to your name telling everyone how many hours youve logged on the game.... but you know what youve done, you know how good you are and you know all your hard work can be undone by a reckless manuovre in that heli or a ill fated trip across the airfield, thats why i love it so much.

Not to mention hoarding stuff in the forest. I'm a total RPG loot hoarder so if I can have a tent or truck packed with weapons and gear I'm happy. Plus then I can stash the good stuff in the forest while I grab a Winchester and act foolish like trying loot the Cherno fire stations.

I just don't want the game to become just another PvP FPS, ala Battlefield/Planetside, with tacked on survival mechanics and slightly more difficult combat (which the mod currently is). Personally I'm expecting to see the amount of gun/ammunition spawns reduced drastically across the board, so that engaging in combat becomes more difficult. This would certainly take away from the PvP.

The survival simulation/society building part is what I'm here for.

Edited by TheSodesa

Yeah but to be honest i dont want the guys to try and take anything away from the pvp because that would be changing what day z, if you dont like pvp thats fine but it would be wrong to try and force people to work together.

I am fairly new to the forums, but not to the mod and after browsing the dayz suggestions thread for the past few days it has become apparent to me that there are so many different players that want so many different things from the SA. This was indicated to me by the broad spectrum of ideas which if implemented would change the way the game is played by 80 percent of us and in some cases send the game into a completely new genre.

Gameplay ideas come in many forms, there are the suggestions born of personal frustration, ideas that would make the game easier or harder and ones that simply add to the immersion.

What we want from the game is determined by which genres of games we tend to normally play. The day z mod covers so much ground that it attracts a whole manner of gamers, which is good in one way but people need to realise day z is day z, it's unique, it may cover elements of survival horror, fps, tps, rpg, but it is not any of these it is day z and to try and send it down a generic route to make it too accessible would be a grave mistake in my opinion.

I personally have been playing for around 8 months and i still come back with the same enthusiasm everytime, and every firefight still has the tension, my thought process upon meeting a new player has changed since the beginning but at least a thought process exists which is more than i can say for any other mmo.

So after my ramblings as the title suggest i am asking, what keeps you coming back to day z ?

Unlike other games DayZ is true survival horror.

You are pretty much on your own. Even a friend could be the death of you. Gotta keep fed, bandaged, with limited ammo and gear.

It feels like you are in the middle of a real zombie apocalypse.

Yeah but to be honest i dont want the guys to try and take anything away from the pvp because that would be changing what day z, if you dont like pvp thats fine but it would be wrong to try and force people to work together.

Who said anything about making people work together. When it comes to weapons I would just like to see makeshift ones become the main focus, because I don't think that everyone should have access to a proper gun. These would of course be less reliable, accurate and efficient than real guns, which would probably make people more hesitant on trying to kill others on sight at longer ranges.

RedReloaded's DayZ after infection series on YouTube then naturally played and fell in love with the mod.

I already owned Arma2 but never really got into it...

• Like 1