Sign in to follow this  
Blondedash

Gun reliability to be a factor

plastic guns guns that break easily but are easier to find but break after a while. metal guns are rare and hard to find but can last longer meaning more shots.

Polymer guns aren't "less reliable"...

Once I read that a few tech guys used a 3D printer to print out a AR-15 from printer plastic, needless to say it shot 3 shots ten the receiver broke.

No plastic guns do not work.

I see what your talking about but it shouldnt be to where your guns break after 5 mags worth of bullets in fact a gun will last extremly long if you clean and maintain it but it would add realism to the game wich is what it strives for

• Like 1

Once I read that a few tech guys used a 3D printer to print out a AR-15 from printer plastic, needless to say it shot 3 shots ten the receiver broke.

No plastic guns do not work.

Well not one made of 3D printer plastic... the newer 3D printed versions are getting about 80 shots though. :lol:

well, then make it that your gun can get jammed by dirt or so and you have to reload/clean to be able to use it again. Thats more realistic than a 3d printed gun.... (i know they exist, but IMO they are too new for a long infected world as in DayZ)

plastic guns guns that break easily but are easier to find but break after a while. metal guns are rare and hard to find but can last longer meaning more shots.

You mean airsoft guns or real guns? I know for a fact that the chinese copies of airsoft guns break even before you use them.

And whoever has to print a gun to survive should print a single shot gun and shoot himself.

People found guns older than 50 years that were still in use up until today ( even an M16A1 that looked really used ). And i doubt most AKs in that container they showed were actually field stripped and cleaned thoroughly in the decades they were used.

You mean airsoft guns or real guns? I know for a fact that the chinese copies of airsoft guns break even before you use them.

And whoever has to print a gun to survive should print a single shot gun and shoot himself.

People found guns older than 50 years that were still in use up until today ( even an M16A1 that looked really used ). And i doubt most AKs in that container they showed were actually field stripped and cleaned thoroughly in the decades they were used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRUpmMIQy8

I hope they provide players with NATO weapons (a rarity, hopefully), but integrate weapon durability in such a way that will reflect the toughness of the AK47. Less experienced survivors would probably opt for the AK, whereas highly militarized groups would surely stockpile on NATO weaponry.

I think.

Weapon durability shouldnt even come into play earlier than 10.000 shots minimum, yet still in my opinion it should be affected by dirt etc.

An M4 that fired 60.000 rounds in sandstorm conditions had 882 stoppages of which 863 were minor ones and fixable in under 10 seconds.

meaning that only 1,438% of your rounds should misfire (again: under sandstorm conditions) probably you wont have any issues at all under normal conditions.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine#Performance

Weapon durability shouldnt even come into play earlier than 10.000 shots minimum, yet still in my opinion it should be affected by dirt etc.

An M4 that fired 60.000 rounds in sandstorm conditions had 882 stoppages of which 863 were minor ones and fixable in under 10 seconds.

meaning that only 1,438% of your rounds should misfire (again: under sandstorm conditions) probably you wont have any issues at all under normal conditions.

Source: http://en.wikipedia....ine#Performance

you'll just have to wait a few more years until metal 3d-printers get affordable

I wonder how many Chernarusians actually own 3D-printers/ have computer modeling knowledge xD?

That's just the lower reciever like most modern guns already have, it doesn't get that much force but it will surely break a lot faster than a polymer lower..show me an upper reciever that can handle that many rounds..

I hope they provide players with NATO weapons (a rarity, hopefully), but integrate weapon durability in such a way that will reflect the toughness of the AK47. Less experienced survivors would probably opt for the AK, whereas highly militarized groups would surely stockpile on NATO weaponry.

I think.

I bet even larger groups will enough knowledge would prefer a reliable gun like the AK. Even a weapons expert said he wants an AK if society collapses.