Drunkpunk082

US 420 Dallas VANILLA DAYZ SERVER! Newly Opened, Staying Till Standalone.

US 420 Dallas VANILLA DAYZ SERVER! Newly Opened, Staying Till Standalone.

Just wanted to drop a quick post about a new server just opened up called US 420 Dallas. Its a private hive that is an EXACT replica of the vanilla DayZ. We have active admin's that DO NOT have control over anything except bans. They do have direct contact with me if something was to arise that required a server reset or needed my attention. All server resets and administration is done by me personally and access is not given to anyone else to maintain the vanilla feel of our server. You will find NO admin abuse on this server as we are very passionate about making this as close to playing on the public hive as possible. For this reason I have limited the control of my few admins. All my admins are mature (25+ years) people that I see on a daily basis. Personally I am turning 31 this year and really just want to have a server that's as legit as public hive but without the frustrations of items not being saved, or characters disappearing from one day to another.

A little about myself... I am 30, live south of Dallas in TX, and am a store manager for Gamestop. I have been a gamer since my young days, spending most of my time on MMO's like Ultima Online and everything since then. I am a strong believer in a fair gaming environment. I feel competition is what gaming is all about and I think everyone should have a level playing field. I have hosted severs on several games and currently host a few from my home PC. Administering servers is something I am very familiar with and feel that I can offer a great fair environment for anyone who plays with us.

All that being said, I play with a group of about 5 guys. Very rarely are we all online at the same time as we all have jobs so we are not some super force to reckon with. I have been playing DayZ the longest which would be around a month and a half now. ALL of the other guys have had 2 weeks or less in experience with DayZ or ARMA. I have never played ARMA before DayZ, although I had experience with Operation Flashpoint. So we are far from cold-blooded killers. Most of us are more interested in finding a few friendlies and hunting the bandits that prey on bambies. You don't have to worry about a squad of super-geared admins flying in choppers slaughtering everyone. None of us have even been in a chopper before.

So we welcome everyone to join our server, setup camp, and prepare for a ton of Vanilla DayZ fun! We plan to run and actively support this server till Rocket releases the standalone. The release date is unknown but know that you will have a safe place to plop your tent on US 420 Dallas until then. This server is VERY fresh, so get on and get to it while all the spawns are new!

Search US 420 Dallas on DayZ Commander or use this IP: 208.43.9.86:3153

US 420 Dallas - (1.7.6.1/102591) [VETERAN|3DP:ON|CH:ON|NP:OFF][GMT+12] Vanilla DayZ

-Drunkpunk

• Like 3

Imma try now this server!

EDIT: server seems pretty good, you just won a casual player.

Edited by Henryllex~
  • Like 1

Had a couple of guys on last night, thanks for joining up! Feel free to post any problems/issues here and I will respond asap. Glad you enjoyed it. Its low pop right now but I am advertising diligently to raise the numbers. So gear up, setup a base and prepare for the onslaught of players to come!

-Drunkpunk

I was one of the guys on last night and this morning. Love the server. (weird, my enter key isn't working...) Found a base in [redacted], assuming it was yours. Wanted to befriend you guys, found Kirby later on in the day. Then I decided that nothing brings a bunch of people together like a common interest, such as hunting bandits. Well, my buddy and I are going to take one for the team and be your bandits. I shot Kirby, took all your guns and ammo and a car. Sorry :/

Edited by debaubau

:P Yeah nice move. Enjoy that M107 and Coyote pack I spent the last 3 days hunting for! It's been quite exciting to have someone stir it up a little. You put a fairly large dent in our attempt to get organized. Back to shotgun's and AK's for a bit but don't let the zombies get you before I do, Ill have that M107 back soon enough haha...

On a side note we have yet to identify your partner in crime, but we will and let him be warned we will show no mercy!

Enjoy the beans :beans: while you can.

-Drunkpunk

Hey guys have yet to play dayz, downloading it as we speak, this game from the looks is like my dream game, having trouble finding your server on dayzcommander, any chance you can give me a run down on how to get dayz up and running im downloading arma 2 and arma 2 OA as far as ive read thats all i need correct? Also will have some buddies joining the game who will tag along with me to the server for some good fun. Hope to get some feed back and see you in game :)

You got another player coming on at around 8 ill try and bring more along too. I enjoy the fact there is still some non touched servers to play in. Thank you .

Hey guys have yet to play dayz, downloading it as we speak, this game from the looks is like my dream game, having trouble finding your server on dayzcommander, any chance you can give me a run down on how to get dayz up and running im downloading arma 2 and arma 2 OA as far as ive read thats all i need correct? Also will have some buddies joining the game who will tag along with me to the server for some good fun. Hope to get some feed back and see you in game :)

After you get it all downloaded google DayZ Commander. Download and install that. Then goto the install/update tab and make sure both ARMA 2 OA BETA, and DayZ are up to date. After that just goto servers and in the filter type US 420 Dallas. Alternatively check my first post and the IP and Port are listed there. You can add the server by IP in the FAVORITES tab. Glad to have ya, and let me know if you have any more trouble setting it up.

Got it all figured out was on a little earlier got killed a few times still getting a feel for the controls looks awsome, is it worth playing at night as a bambi

any one got tips for how the inventory works

I would probably avoid nighttime at first till you get a feel for the game. You will die a lot be it day or night. I have had requests to set the server up for full moon nights and have been thinking about it. I don't want to ruin the vanilla feel but some of the darker nights are almost unplayable even with stuff like flares and chemlights.

The game certainly has a steep learning curve and a clunky interface but once you get it down, it's manageable.

For anyone currently playing or new players joining my boys and I tend to hang out near Stary Sobor and NW Airfield so come find us for some action. We still haven't established a base and are fairly under geared still (Couple of M16's, AK's and one M14 AIM). Plenty of cars and places to setup camp still!!

Server is currently set to +-12 GMT, and most of my crew play around 1:00pm - 1:00am CST. So join up, grab some guns and give us hell!

sorry whoever i killed in the electro market i had NOTHING but that gun and 3 shots haha thanks for the great start to my journey who ever it was ><

Don't be sorry its the name of the game! You do what you have to so you can survive. We love the interaction and risk involved in DayZ. That being said we are still looking to build a larger player base so anyone that hasn't tried out the server but loves the public hive, log in and check it out!

We have around 5-8 players on most of the daytime hours and would like to get closer to 15-20 online at all times. Server is extremely stable, restarts are set to 3 hours so the Heli crashes will be refreshed several times throughout the day. My personal e-mail is provided on the MOTD in case you have any issues or feel free to post here and I will address them.

Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. This... is my BOOMstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line.

-Drunkpunk

We had our first hacker attack last night. Admins were quick and promptly banned him. We did have to perform a roll back of 15 min to fix the damage done. Downtime was around 3 minutes. I have installed 2 new anti-hack protocols with custom script detection. We can't stop every attack but rest assured we are monitoring the server and hackers will not be tolerated.

In the event of an attack that is not stopped by an admin or my anti-hack software don't hesitate to contact me by email. My email is in the server MOTD. I will personally review the logs and replace anything lost by the attack.

That all said, we are still looking for more players. If you are looking for a vanilla DayZ experiance then join up and know your progress will be protected by our diligent admins.

Looks like the hacker also changed my starting loadout somehow.. It has been reset to the default vanilla DayZ loadout. One bandage, Painkillers, and a flashlight.

-Drunkpunk

Oh thank god, a VANILLA DayZ server!

I just hopped on a few minutes ago to check what the starting gear was, my friends and I are pleased you don't start with a coyote and an assault rifle. If you tell me there's not 1000 cars, no pay-to-win trading post, and you have an active community I can guarantee you at least 3 new players will be joining you.

• Like 1

Oh thank god, a VANILLA DayZ server!

I just hopped on a few minutes ago to check what the starting gear was, my friends and I are pleased you don't start with a coyote and an assault rifle. If you tell me there's not 1000 cars, no pay-to-win trading post, and you have an active community I can guarantee you at least 3 new players will be joining you.

its deff a VANILLA server lol shit is hard to get and hard to find bring your pals we dont have a ton of people but they do seem to be regularly active come join the fun
  • Like 1

It's not as hard as it seems.. We spent some time scouting around and found a couple chopper crashes already, one with a DMR! Wanted to give a quick shout to Marcus. Sorry for killing you both times in Cherno. I was just looking for car parts and somehow we ran into each other TWICE in almost the exact same spot lol. You had a gun and I learned long ago to shoot first ask later. Luckly I was full and without vehicle so I left most of your stuff there.

-Drunkpunk

It's not as hard as it seems.. We spent some time scouting around and found a couple chopper crashes already, one with a DMR! Wanted to give a quick shout to Marcus. Sorry for killing you both times in Cherno. I was just looking for car parts and somehow we ran into each other TWICE in almost the exact same spot lol. You had a gun and I learned long ago to shoot first ask later. Luckly I was full and without vehicle so I left most of your stuff there.

-Drunkpunk

LOL that guy and his buddy killed me and my buddy at the airfield yesterday he played the "im friendly card we have nothing" i now live by that same shoot first ask later

Hah good. Glad he got what he deserved then lol. Thanks for being an active member Flyangler. We had 15+ players today so the community is growing! That's not counting any of my crew which I beleive is 6 strong now. So 20+ active players, still looking for more! If you are looking for a Vanilla DayZ server join us at US 420 Dallas. My admin's and I are on every day and I monitor this thread and my email several times everyday. If anyone has issues with hackers please don't hesitate to contact me and I will either rollback the server or replace the lost gear. Thanks for playing on US 420 Dallas!

-Drunkpunk

I'll try and hop on soon. Sounds like my kind of server. Will probably bring 1-2 others with me. So you can add another bandit to the mix!

Hah good. Glad he got what he deserved then lol. Thanks for being an active member Flyangler. We had 15+ players today so the community is growing! That's not counting any of my crew which I beleive is 6 strong now. So 20+ active players, still looking for more! If you are looking for a Vanilla DayZ server join us at US 420 Dallas. My admin's and I are on every day and I monitor this thread and my email several times everyday. If anyone has issues with hackers please don't hesitate to contact me and I will either rollback the server or replace the lost gear. Thanks for playing on US 420 Dallas!

-Drunkpunk

NP having a blast , any tips for heli crash sites been looking in the fields for almost 2 days only found 1 a few days ago, do they all have the plume of black smoke above them, and there may have been a hacker in cherno my buddy was just walking along flew up in the air and died lol he was just starting so he didnt have anything to lose but just a heads up
  • Like 1

hey drunk im not sure who it was but i was driving along in my UAZ then all of a sudden im blacked out on the ground outside it and a player was next me in the from of a german shepard dog, i loged out but when i loged back in it ported me down to the beach seemed really hackerish and there was someone who got kicked for teleporting and he was online Edward Banister or Jamal think it was one of them

Yes they all have the black smoke and at night they even emit light like its on fire. Much easier to spot them at night. Always in open fields, you won't find them in the middle of a bunch of trees. Find a car of some sort and it will make finding them much easier.

About the hacker... Do you know what day/time that happened? Names of anyone you suspect? Name of your friend? Need more info so I can search the logs and find out if I need to ban someone.

I think you guys got a script kiddie on there, some random things going on like vehicles spawning (including a tank).

Edit: Didn't see the report above at first, sorry.

I also saw a dog, but I wasn't sure if they had been added to the game, I knew they were planning to at some point. I remarked on it in direct chat because I thought I heard a player, didn't know the talking was coming from the dog until now.

I also saw "jamal" get banned by anti-hack for teleporting, but when I checked the playerlist before logging out, they were still ingame. This all happened about half an hour ago, when I first posted.

Edited by Cochese
  • Like 1