Sign in to follow this  
DayzForumer

Why is the forum so dead?

It's not dead, It's more a case of everything that gets said just lately has likely been already said a thousand times in the past. People hate repeating themselves.

Exactly. I almost never enter now the forums, I am tired of seeing the same threads, the same suggestions and the same type of people saying stupid things about what Rocket supposedly promised and what Rocket has the obligation to do and give us...

Edited by Mitor

Also, let's not forget that last summer Dayz was riding an epic wave of hype. It had to die down at some point.

Do you mean why is the forum so dead or why do you not get any responses?

Why the forum is slow/dead.

Nazi mods

• Like 4

Next time a devblog is released watch the recent radio chatter bar explode, "All these wow look at these new features!" threads are then locked/merged by moderators and administrators.

Besides I wouldn't call the forums dead, the word hibernation fits it better.

Im doing my best to troll all posts that are trollable...I think its pretty lively here sometimes. Although im not at the point where I feel attached to any of the forum members yet...u know that feeling when uve been on a forum so long and u feel like u know each other and its like "hey manwomen I love uuuu" and it all cosy and lovely...yea, not really reached that point where im bonding with any of u guysgirls yet...but I feel we can get there...togehter, soon

Well it sure looks like this one didn't take long :P

And it's been said a lot now, but it's just that 70% of what's posted now has already been asked and no one wants to repeat themselves.

Russian forum is deader than yours. As in the Mesozoic era.

• Like 1

Arma 3 alpha plus Wasteland. Once you've played with the new controls going back to Arma 2 feels (and looks) awful and Wasteland is fulfilling everyone's multiplayer needs. At this point I'm more interested in the first Arma 3 DayZ port than I am the SA.

Arma 3 alpha plus Wasteland. Once you've played with the new controls going back to Arma 2 feels (and looks) awful and Wasteland is fulfilling everyone's multiplayer needs. At this point I'm more interested in the first Arma 3 DayZ port than I am the SA.

An ARMA 3 mod would be full of the same problems that we've had in the mod whereas the purpose-built game will see all of these resolved. It'd pretty much be DayZ mod minus the clunky movement with similar graphics to the standalone. Also, porting the mod over to a different engine will no doubt introduce new problems.

An ARMA 3 mod would be full of the same problems that we've had in the mod whereas the purpose-built game will see all of these resolved. It'd pretty much be DayZ mod minus the clunky movement with similar graphics to the standalone. Also, porting the mod over to a different engine will no doubt introduce new problems.

I understand but I'm sure folks are already working on it anyway. Hell, by the time anyone gets DayZ working well on Arma 3, Arma 4 will probably be close to release. ;)

My point is simply that the controls for Arma 3 are far superior to Arma 2, arguably the biggest improvement in this iteration, and going back to the Arma 2/ToH controls for the SA will be a step backwards, no matter how great or feature-rich it may be (and who doesn't want to break from zed killing to crap in a tin can?). Plus, the longer it takes to release the SA, the more people will be playing and getting used to the Arma 3 mechanics.

I'll still be purchasing and trying out the SA, but at this point it's primarily to honor/credit Rocket and Bohemia. My enthusiasm for it is practically zero now that I've put 20+ hours into Arma 3 and gotten used to it.

EDIT: I should probably add that although I still check these forums almost daily, I haven't personally played DayZ in about 6-8 weeks, even before Arma 3 alpha, so my enthusiasm was waning already.

Edited by walrus2517

I understand but I'm sure folks are already working on it anyway. Hell, by the time anyone gets DayZ working well on Arma 3, Arma 4 will probably be close to release. ;)

(...)

Well, don't be so sure. I don't really think we'll see an Arma 3 Dayz Mod. I mean, What's the point of doing it? As mZLY says, it will be the same as Dayz as it is now with better graphics and different animations. And Dayz's main problems are not graphics nor animations.

Well, don't be so sure. I don't really think we'll see an Arma 3 Dayz Mod. I mean, What's the point of doing it? As mZLY says, it will be the same as Dayz as it is now with better graphics and different animations. And Dayz's main problems are not graphics nor animations.

Because when the SA is released with crappier graphics and control mechanics than the Arma 3 alpha, a lot of folks will come to these forums to complain.

As for the point of it, we're talking about modders. I don't mod for Arma but I do mod for a couple of other games and have found, as with experimentation in all facets of life, people will try it just to see if it can be done. If it doesn't work or if it isn't better than the SA so no one plays it, I'm fairly certain someone, somewhere, if not a team of folks, will still attempt it, if they aren't already.

Judging by a quick cursory search of forum topics here it looks like this idea has been discussed at great length already although I don't see anything about it actually being worked on yet.

EDIT: Scratch that. Just found this:

Edited by walrus2517

That's Dynamic Zombie Sandbox, LOL. It's not even a mod, just a mission...

The quiet before the storm.

A lot of people are waiting for SA or news of SA.

this

though i recently updated the mod and keep thinking of playing a little....

That's Dynamic Zombie Sandbox, LOL. It's not even a mod, just a mission...

I have no idea what it is except a start to something. It probably won't come to anything either. But you said you didn't think anyone would work on a DayZ/zombie mod for Arma 3 because you didn't see a point. I was just showing that some people already are and I doubt they are the only ones.

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox has been around a lot longer then DayZ, I'm sure someone will make a DayZ mod too though, I heard DayZ 2017 is already in the works.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I have no idea what it is except a start to something. It probably won't come to anything either. But you said you didn't think anyone would work on a DayZ/zombie mod for Arma 3 because you didn't see a point. I was just showing that some people already are and I doubt they are the only ones.

When did I say that?

I think what I said was that someone will more than likely do it but it will be full of the same problems as the ARMA 2 mod...

When did I say that?

I think what I said was that someone will more than likely do it but it will be full of the same problems as the ARMA 2 mod...

Totally my fault. I got your comments mixed up with the comment Mitor made. My apologies. :)

Edited by walrus2517