rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

Unplayable - plain and simple love the concept tho

If you guys sit there and play like this Mod works and is the shit then your stupid.

~KrazyKracka

If there was a real zombie apocalypse' date=' you'd be my first meal. And the world would be a better place for it.

[/quote']

Ride some more cock all you little kids need to grow some balls

its alpha no shit i didnt say i didnt like the game im just saying its unplayable so you can swallow now.

Think of it like this. Alpha testing and bug reporting is work.

Only currently we are not able to do good work, as too much stuff is changed to frequently and there are too many sides to screw it up to actually point out if something is wrong on the current version.

For example the last 5 times i logged on the night was either too fraking _bright_ or too fraking dark. Sometimes i could see my surroundings better, sometimes the far away areas. Sometimes it seems to be server bound, which could be some other esoteric version they were running or an update screwup. What report to file for this? "Night is screwed up"?

You guys should be grateful you even get the chance to test such an awesome mod.

Actually I think ppl like you dont understand how this is meant to work.

Typically like every patch before' date=' this patch is completely broken.... it lasted 10 minutes on our servers before we rolled back.

How about you stop being so f'n arrogant and incompetent and TEST THE CHANGES YOU MAKE, what kind of programmer changes a bunch of code, introduces new features when its meant to be a hotfix and just throws it out there for ppl to test that don't really know what you are trying to achieve.....

You're so backward in your method, never testing you own changes is going to cause you sooo much delay and many headaches.

http://imgur.com/oI5FN,VHuhP#0

You need to come to the realization that although you have a great concept/idea that you are not competent to expand it (in many ways).... you need ppl that understand your idea that can do the job properly and thoroughly and how have an understanding of what features work and are viable.... because Rocket you don't.

[/quote']

honestly, could you just leave and play another game?

This is not a finished game. It's not our point to make demands. It's not our point to tell rocket what to do.

We are ALLOWED to test the Mod. TEST, not play and enjoy. This is to find out what features might work and which just suck. It's not a time where all testers are meant to have a nice, fluent, bug free and relaxing gameplay.

People have to stop demanding stuff again and again.

Post Bugreports, maybe post suggestions but DO THE FUCK NOT COMPLAIN ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Yes, sometimes the current situation is frustrating. So what? This is to be expected.

I still have been playing about 5 hours on 1.7.1.1 yesterday. Yes, some things were quite frustrating, still I head fun. ADEPT!

You guys should be grateful you even get the chance to test such an awesome mod.

^ This now shut the hell up and get to work.

And how is this game unplayable again? Yes there are bugs. but EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM CAN BE AVOIDED. I have yet to discover one bug that you cant avoid

and so the Great Bean Famine of 2012 comes to an end; props Senior 2guns.

also, big respect for creating the first melee weapon in the whole of Arma.

Ride some more cock all you little kids need to grow some balls

its alpha no shit i didnt say i didnt like the game im just saying its unplayable so you can swallow now.

Hahahahaha. This guy is incredible.

Don't get me wrong - total shaft.. but still incredible.

As long as the meelee weapons are underpowered I'll like this new feature. I think tat meelee weapons have to be used only when there isn't other choice.

I liked the animals spawn before the patch, honestly It wasn't hard to find food from animal, you just have to look for them. Now, there will be food everywhere.

Changelog:

* [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)

* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Hatchets reworked: make server crashes

* [NEW] Maximum animals increased

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Double Barrelled shotgun sound

* [FIXED] Gender assignment broken (working correctly)

fix'd

Changelog:

* [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)

* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Hatchets reworked: make server crashes

* [NEW] Maximum animals increased

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Double Barrelled shotgun sound

* [FIXED] Gender assignment broken (working correctly)

fix'd

People complaining (not to confuse with giving feedback) that they can't play an alpha version of a free mod? What is this I don't even...

Are some of you honestly that arrogant to think that playing this mod is your right? It's a privilege and as I see it, and this is my own opinion, you're meant to test first and give feedback to the dev team which does not mean spam and flood every possible communication channel. I've found that alpha/beta testing works best for all involved when there's some sort of organized feedback and not a flood of OMFG I CANTZ PLAYZ MAH GAMEZ!!1 FIXZ IT NAO YOU ASSHOL!!!one. Actual playing comes last until the mod is out of alpha and beta.

If you all dislike the updates so much, why don't you ask your server admins not to update the server files?

This is the progression I've noticed on the forums lately (please, oh please, allow me these few generalizations):

1. Rocket announces new update.

2. People are ecstatic about the fixes and new things.

3. Rocket continues to add more things to the update.

4. People salivate and jizz in their pants about it (a small number is genuinely appreciative of everything)

5. Some people already forget about the update and come up with new things that Rocket could/should add to the mod (posting them in the update's announcement thread -_-)

6. Rocket releases the update - all is quiet for a few minutes.

7. First feeback comes in... it's looking good.

8. People flood the updated servers making them lag and crash and burn forcing admins to take them down/rollback.

9. People flood the forums complaining that they can't play/use new things/have to roll back/dog ate their homework.

10. The complaining goes up and down over the next few days until Rocket announces the next update/hotfix/etc. when the whole cycle repeats.

How about, and this is only a suggestion, instead of complaining about "wasting" X amount of hours/days you would actually note down the issues you are having and, like, you know, give the dev team some feedback instead of them having to go on: "my game broke"

Oh what's that you say? You can't find a feedback thread? Well how about you just have some imagination and create a "Feedback thread for DayZ version X" in some support forum section of some sort - you never know, others might follow your example.

Now wouldn't knowing that you not only probably helped yourself but others as well make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

PS. Hey, Human Nature, dafuq is wrong with you... Y U NO USE LOGIC? :(

PPS. Hey, angry people, c|_| care cup is empty.

PPPS. As I was typing this up there's at least a handful of similar posts about the feedback and all, but since we humans are a proud people I don't want all this effort to go to waste :P

And how is this game unplayable again? Yes there are bugs. but EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM CAN BE AVOIDED. I have yet to discover one bug that you cant avoid

yep, report them and avoid them for the time beeing, rinse and repeat :shy:

What about the bug saying you have the incorrect server version? Can't avoid that bug just yet

yep' date=' report them and avoid them for the time beeing, rinse and repeat :shy:

[/quote']

Yup, besides that.. compared to other alpha test's. this is actually the LEAST bug infested one i have ever had the pleasure of testing. GREAT mod!

What about the bug saying you have the incorrect server version? Can't avoid that bug just yet

just.. what ?

... [Exaggeration] ...

... [Exaggeration' date= other direction]

Yes it is alpha, but dev cycles smell fishy. If I was working that way in my team, i would be lynched by noon.

Sorry if this has been answered but you can still collect wood with the new hatchet.

You have to equip the hatchet as your primary off the ground droping your previous primary.

With the hatchet in hand go into a wooded area( I had some issues with it telling me to go into woods, so I just found a denser area) walk up to a tree and open your gear menu.

Right click your hatchet that is now your primary and you have 2 options "Drop Hatchet" and "Harvest Wood". Click harvest wood and you will have a woodpile added to your inventory.

Right click to drop the hatchet and then pick up your primary where ever you droped it. You may be able to just move your primary into your backpack but i didnt have the room so I couldn't test that. Thankfully i figured this out as my 4-5 day character was staving in the woods with a bunch of raw meat and no wood.

I like where he is going with this bc now its kind of a whole big thing to chop some wood to make a fire, as one would expect in real life.

I didn't experience server crash when i dropped the hatchet but I can confirm it drops like 59 hatchet ammo and crowbar ammo whenever you put it down.

Seems that since .2 rolled out I've gotten server disconnects/crashes about once an hour on every .2 server. I've also gotten random FPS drops every few minutes since .1/.2

This is probably related to the loot issues maybe?

I like the new direction and things that being tested though! I love the melee weapons, LOS changes, etc...

Keep it up Rocket!

It's very buggy, but still playable. Tink they should rollback to 1.7, then re-release 1.7.1 when everything is known to be working and functioning fully.I know the mod is in alpha, but maybe allow people to sign up as testers? Who can go onto a provided server with the next update and them give you proper feedback not just loads of us going off on one:).

A great update, took me forever to get it going (I'm an idiot). But none the less the patch is very intense no weapons, no food, no water, Welcome to the realm zombie apocalypse!

It's very buggy' date=' but still playable. Tink they should rollback to 1.7, then re-release 1.7.1 when everything is known to be working and functioning fully.

[/quote']

I don't think that servers were forced to update to 1.7.1, it's possible though. Didn't check, but there might be 1.7.0 servers out there.

Melee weapons are cool. Time to humiliate some people with them. What about the flashlight? Think we could get that as a melee weapon as well, later down the road. Would be well good smashing someone over the head with the flashlight, knocking them out or something.

It's very buggy' date=' but still playable. Tink they should rollback to 1.7, then re-release 1.7.1 when everything is known to be working and functioning fully.

[/quote']

I don't think that servers were forced to update to 1.7.1, it's possible though. Didn't check, but there might be 1.7.0 servers out there.

I think servers are supposed to be on latest version. They shouldn't hang back to update

How exactly can I avoid every single server I join crashing after a few minutes?