rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

What about the flashlight? Think we could get that as a melee weapon as well' date=' later down the road. Would be well good smashing someone over the head with the flashlight, knocking them out or something.

[/quote']

good suggestion.. didnt think of that

... [Exaggeration] ...

... [Exaggeration' date= other direction]

Yes it is alpha, but dev cycles smell fishy. If I was working that way in my team, i would be lynched by noon.

Oh yes. So would I.

It's very buggy' date=' but still playable. Tink they should rollback to 1.7, then re-release 1.7.1 when everything is known to be working and functioning fully.

[/quote']

I don't think that servers were forced to update to 1.7.1, it's possible though. Didn't check, but there might be 1.7.0 servers out there.

there are a lot of 1.7.0 servers currently running since it is the most stable version. 1.7.1 is technically the one that started all this broken stuff. Its hotfix's hotfix needs a hotfix xD (1.7.1.2 needs to be fixed and it was a fix for 1.7.1.1 which was a fix for 1.7.1)

Its alpha so it is going to be bumpy, but it would be nice to have a stable alpha, and a test alpha (beta alpha!). Although that may discourage players from testing the test alpha.

It's very buggy' date=' but still playable. Tink they should rollback to 1.7, then re-release 1.7.1 when everything is known to be working and functioning fully.

[/quote']

I don't think that servers were forced to update to 1.7.1, it's possible though. Didn't check, but there might be 1.7.0 servers out there.

there are a lot of 1.7.0 servers currently running since it is the most stable version. 1.7.1 is technically the one that started all this broken stuff. Its hotfix's hotfix needs a hotfix xD (1.7.1.2 needs to be fixed and it was a fix for 1.7.1.1 which was a fix for 1.7.1)

Its alpha so it is going to be bumpy, but it would be nice to have a stable alpha, and a test alpha (beta alpha!). Although that may discourage players from testing the test alpha.

I for one hopes their is some more reverts back to the 1.7 build. However again it's in alpha so the devs are likely to try new features, tbh I'm grateful even if it is buggy since they do this for pretty much free :)

Did someone really just request that Rocket test the patches before applying them... on an Alpha server? :huh:

This is an Alpha. We are here to test the patches. You didn't pay for the game. If you can't handle dealing with bugs and broken patches' date=' then wait for the game/mod to finish development before you play.

[/quote']

Nahh, you don't submit broken builds to your testers, it's pretty much a reckless move. (still, it's rocket's mod, so he can do what he wants any way he wants, obviously)

As a developer I know it sucks to have to eat your own dog food, but somewhat careful testing to get the most embarrassing bugs out before bothering hundreds (thousands!) of testers with it is not only common courtesy, it's a requirement for sustained success.

No message has been received, I don't know what this shit is but it needs to be fixed. :(

You really don't understand the purpose of alpha do you....

Actually I think ppl like you dont understand how this is meant to work.

Typically like every patch before' date=' this patch is completely broken.... it lasted 10 minutes on our servers before we rolled back.

How about you stop being so f'n arrogant and incompetent and TEST THE CHANGES YOU MAKE, what kind of programmer changes a bunch of code, introduces new features when its meant to be a hotfix and just throws it out there for ppl to test that don't really know what you are trying to achieve.....

You're so backward in your method, never testing you own changes is going to cause you sooo much delay and many headaches.

http://imgur.com/oI5FN,VHuhP#0

You need to come to the realization that although you have a great concept/idea that you are not competent to expand it (in many ways).... you need ppl that understand your idea that can do the job properly and thoroughly and how have an understanding of what features work and are viable.... because Rocket you don't.

[/quote']

Blatantly Condescending, but ultimately - correct.

Overworking yourself to push out a hotfix (sometimes even one that has content in it...) is something many of us developers have done a couple of times, before realizing that it's not worth breaking discipline and compromising quality of life over adhering to the "fix bugs before writing new code" prime directive.

Same as Washu, its annoying, when i join a game, after around 15min i get no message, and also i cant find anything, only trash, i was dying of thirst over and over, and never found any water bootles, give us at least option to drink water directly from lakes etc.

Hatchets are making me feel like Barry Bonds on the juice... Im knocking Zs over buildings lol... Ive also seen the melee weapons spawning as ammo and duplicating when you loot/pick something up they multiply on the ground...

Servers are all failing right now havent seen a single one stay up more then 15minutes...

Didn't you read the patch notes? Melee weapons are UNDERPOWERED.

(frankly, I think rocket has serious revision control issues because this ridiculous behavior of melee weapons was a bug he mentioned earlier, so maybe it snuck back in due to a merge conflict; if he even does branches and merges)

And how is this game unplayable again? Yes there are bugs. but EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM CAN BE AVOIDED. I have yet to discover one bug that you cant avoid

How exactly can I avoid every single server I join crashing after a few minutes?

SE10 is fine.

Cant believe it like.... I book a day off to play this game as the new system is great IMO.... To find the new 1.7.1.2 is crashing out of servers every 10 - 30 mins!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

When will be get a fix?

Melee weapons, wow! Didn't see that one coming (at least not this fast)! Awesome job, rocket (and the whole dev team)!

You really don't understand the purpose of alpha do you....

Actually I think ppl like you dont understand how this is meant to work.

Typically like every patch before' date=' this patch is completely broken.... it lasted 10 minutes on our servers before we rolled back.

How about you stop being so f'n arrogant and incompetent and TEST THE CHANGES YOU MAKE, what kind of programmer changes a bunch of code, introduces new features when its meant to be a hotfix and just throws it out there for ppl to test that don't really know what you are trying to achieve.....

You're so backward in your method, never testing you own changes is going to cause you sooo much delay and many headaches.

http://imgur.com/oI5FN,VHuhP#0

You need to come to the realization that although you have a great concept/idea that you are not competent to expand it (in many ways).... you need ppl that understand your idea that can do the job properly and thoroughly and how have an understanding of what features work and are viable.... because Rocket you don't.

[/quote']

He does test the changes, but there's a massive difference in testing it in the office with a handful of people to ~70,000 people testing it at once. Rocket has stated plenty of times before that bugs have only appeared once it's been pushed out.

So yea, the game is alpha. It's bugs galore whether you like it or not. The updates are frequent. It's not like we're gonna be sat around with 1.7.1.2 for about 2 weeks.

The last few patches have been pretty rocky, but they're adding completely new features. Melee, for example, isn't even a native system to ARMA 2, so if you thought everything would run smooth then you have no idea what alpha is. We are the testers. If you can't understand that then you need to stop running a server(s).

The arrogance on show here is quite astounding, let alone the entitlement issues some people seem to have. This is a mod, not even a proper game yet and some people are screaming how everything is broke - then DEMANDING it be fixed or rolled back.

Take a walk down the hall of mirrors people and take a good hard look at yourselves. Alphas have bugs and i think the big issue here is that people who jumped on the Arma 2 bandwagon based solely on this mod (myself included i might add) seem to think they paid $30 for Day Z and thus DEMAND it be perfect.

Sure some of the bugs and issues are annoying but the whole point of this exercise is to report, iron out, retest, add more features, then repeat. Why would Rocket and his team extensively test the mod when they have us to do it for them - that is why we are here.

I am ready to change my mind on a lot of the people playing this "game". Its not that they dont have BALLS it just that they havent dropped yet!

By the way Developers can you get rid of the nasty Zombies, add more military style loot and already fixed Hueys so i can ride with my Homies, be bad ass and shoot respawns on the coast? Hey, i paid for it, right?

He does test the changes' date=' but there's a massive difference in testing it in the office with a handful of people to ~70,000 people testing it when it's pushed out. Rocket has stated plenty of times before that bugs have only appeared once it's been pushed out.

[/quote']

I'm sure the hatchet loot spawn thing could be reproduced 100% had he moved the hatchet around in his inventory during testing a bit, even with 1 player on 1 server.

And we all know that in DayZ,

22229026.jpg

Okay I'll STFU now. :-) Thanks for the mod anyway, I hope I can test it some more soon (crashing servers are preventing this).

Unplayable - plain and simple love the concept tho

If you guys sit there and play like this Mod works and is the shit then your stupid.

~KrazyKracka

If there was a real zombie apocalypse' date=' you'd be my first meal. And the world would be a better place for it.

[/quote']

Ride some more cock all you little kids need to grow some balls

its alpha no shit i didnt say i didnt like the game im just saying its unplayable so you can swallow now.

LOL, so obvious you just can't play the game and you're trying to blame everyone else. Just stop playing, m'ok? Then go get a hug from mummy and she'll give you a nice cookie and glass of milk, and everything will be betta.

Guys, do i need to install the patch 93825 for the game in the DayZ 1.7.1.2 ??

Thanks in advance

THIS IS EMBARASSING... seriously is the dayz mod team going crazy and losing it? they are gonna lose their mod crowd soon as its cut in half and more than half now due to this no weapon starting bs with this hatchet i pick up thats like as if a 12 yr old had an idea and threw it in a game.... this game is DEAD as far as i know it if they keep any of this at all...

as soon as i pikced up a MELEE WEAPON i just noticed how far downhill all these BRILLIANT *cough *cough dumbass ideas are going way way downhill and so is this mod if they dont change it back.

You didnt buy DayZ, but Arma2, so STFU... nobody cares that you lost your equip or got killed...