rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

Awsome! This game is getting better and better by the day! I really hope melee stays under powered! Going head to head with a zombie should be your last exit AND should be a dangerous one! :)

Don't mean to be rude but test your updates before you release them bro...

Don't mean to be rude bro, but he does. We are the testers. Since it's an alpha he gives us the new toys to play with and we test for him. That's what it's all about.

can we stop adding new content that breaks the game more and focus on fixing what is already broken? this game is in alpha bla bla bla.... but for god sake's rocket' date=' this is a HOTFIX. Your not FIXING anything by adding new content and breaking it even more.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want to add content, make a new patch (1.7.2)

[/quote']

It's a good thing you're not in charge mate

and why is this? I'm not asking for rocket to stop experimenting, but if you take a unstable build and throw more things at it, it's not getting any better.

and why is this? I'm not asking for rocket to stop experimenting' date=' but if you take a unstable build and throw more things at it, it's not getting any better.

[/quote']

You really don't understand the purpose of alpha do you....

You really don't understand the purpose of alpha do you....

Actually I think ppl like you dont understand how this is meant to work.

Typically like every patch before, this patch is completely broken.... it lasted 10 minutes on our servers before we rolled back.

How about you stop being so f'n arrogant and incompetent and TEST THE CHANGES YOU MAKE, what kind of programmer changes a bunch of code, introduces new features when its meant to be a hotfix and just throws it out there for ppl to test that don't really know what you are trying to achieve.....

You're so backward in your method, never testing you own changes is going to cause you sooo much delay and many headaches.

http://imgur.com/oI5FN,VHuhP#0

You need to come to the realization that although you have a great concept/idea that you are not competent to expand it (in many ways).... you need ppl that understand your idea that can do the job properly and thoroughly and who have an understanding of what features work and are viable.... because Rocket you don't.

Also' date=' i have a question. With Six Launcher, if i choose to open through steam ( Which i want to do ) , I get a " Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine " error and cant play. But if i launch without the steam box enabled, and just Beta...it works fine.

Having a steam overlay is key for me with communications with other survivors. How can i get it to work launching through steam?.

[/quote']

Hey, check the FAQ for details; http://www.six-updater.net/p/documentation.html

Typically like every patch before' date=' this patch is completely broken.... it lasted 10 minutes on our servers before we rolled back.

How about you stop being so f'n arrogant and incompetent and TEST THE CHANGES YOU MAKE, what kind of programmer changes a bunch of code, introduces new features when its meant to be a hotfix and just throws it out there for ppl to test that don't really know what you are trying to achieve.....

You're so backward in your method, never testing you own changes is going to cause you sooo much delay and many headaches.

You need to come to the realization that although you have a great concept/idea that you are not competent to expand it (in many ways).... you need ppl that understand your idea that can do the job properly and thoroughly and how have an understanding of what features work and are viable.... because Rocket you don't.

[/quote']

Entitlement in its full glory. This is his mod to fuck around with, deal with it.

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

Although this is needed' date=' I think having food and drink be sparse really adds to the survival aspect of the game and forces people into towns [i']and imo makes them more likely to cooperate.

With the old food and drink spawns survival was too easy.

Forces them to cooperate? More like increases murder for hopes the person had food.

Im pretty sure you dont understand what an Alpha is....

There typically is 5 stages to development.

Dev stage

Alpha

Beta

RC

Full release

Alpha, being the second stage of development is where the base game has been formed, and all features are being added. At this stage most games are CONSTANTLY broken in some way or another. If you dont like the game how it is then dont play it. Wait for Beta, that is the bug fix stage. Most content has been completed and all the fixed are being made to get it ready for release.

Rocket is going to make this game on his own terms. He is doing this all for the community. He isnt taking any of your money, therefore you have no right to tell him how to make his game.

can we stop adding new content that breaks the game more and focus on fixing what is already broken? this game is in alpha bla bla bla.... but for god sake's rocket' date=' this is a HOTFIX. Your not FIXING anything by adding new content and breaking it even more.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want to add content, make a new patch (1.7.2)

[/quote']

It's a good thing you're not in charge mate

and why is this? I'm not asking for rocket to stop experimenting, but if you take a unstable build and throw more things at it, it's not getting any better.

I haven't installed update yet so sorry for asking this but:

(can only drop through right click in gear menu) - what does this mean? You "find" melee items by dropping them from gear menu?

At this stage most games are CONSTANTLY broken in some way or another. If you dont like the game how it is then dont play it.

I think most people realize this. It's just that we REALLY like the game and would REALLY like to play it just to enjoy it once in a while. This has been a bit difficult since 1.7.0. Notice that this is not a demand, just a statement. We love the game, it hasn't been very playable for a while now. That's it.

Did someone really just request that Rocket test the patches before applying them... on an Alpha server? :huh:

This is an Alpha. We are here to test the patches. You didn't pay for the game. If you can't handle dealing with bugs and broken patches, then wait for the game/mod to finish development before you play.

(can only drop through right click in gear menu) - what does this mean? You "find" melee items by dropping them from gear menu?

The melee weapons are re textured shotguns!

With infinite ammo and almost no range(there are ammo for the melee weapons but they don't take space in your inventory and are infinite but you can't use melee weapons without them!)!

Melee weapons take the primary weapon slot!

I believe it means that you have to right-click the melee weapon to bring up a menu, in order to drop it.

With other items, you can highlight them, and click 'drop' in the lower right corner.

I at this point believe the game is near unplayable...I would be happy to roll back all the way to 1.6 at this point.. Can we please stop adding stuff on whims.....this week has had me at the breaking point to not being able to play anymore...I've wasted an entire day...and some of you can say oh don't play then, well things are not gonna get fixed if no one is playing...Sometimes people change things that were done right in the first place, everything in the world doesn't begin broken and need a fixing, and thus, changing only screws things up

I at this point believe the game is near unplayable...I would be happy to roll back all the way to 1.6 at this point.. Can we please stop adding stuff on whims.....this week has had me at the breaking point to not being able to play anymore...I've wasted an entire day...and some of you can say oh don't play then' date=' well things are not gonna get fixed if no one is playing...Sometimes people change things that were done right in the first place, everything in the world doesn't begin broken and need a fixing, and thus, changing only screws things up

[/quote']

So you think that everything in 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 should go? Your reasoning for this?

Think of it like this. Alpha testing and bug reporting is work. Having fun with the game is the free time. Since 1.7.0, having fun with the game hasn't been easy with all the desyncing and/or broken things. If players don't get their "free time", they're not willing to do the "work".

Unplayable - plain and simple love the concept tho

If you guys sit there and play like this Mod works and is the shit then your stupid.

~KrazyKracka

Awesome news!

Yesterday with v1.7.1.1 and latest beta a friend of mine and me encountered zombies spawning pretty quickly, also right next to us. We, too, saw 9 zombies around a deer stand which may indicate that the spawning meachanism is still glitched?

Anyway, great work so far!

I at this point believe the game is near unplayable...I would be happy to roll back all the way to 1.6 at this point.. Can we please stop adding stuff on whims.....this week has had me at the breaking point to not being able to play anymore...I've wasted an entire day...and some of you can say oh don't play then' date=' well things are not gonna get fixed if no one is playing...Sometimes people change things that were done right in the first place, everything in the world doesn't begin broken and need a fixing, and thus, changing only screws things up

[/quote']

Unplayable in your opinion, which merely means it doesn't suit you. Meanwhile there are a quarter of a million unique players and the game is still growing. The reason it is growing is that people like this unusual style of gameplay, it's not like what else is out there, which tends to be more forgiving. That more punishing, challenging style is what attracts people. If you take that away you will kill what makes the game special, and what's the point of that?

Personally I think the upgrades from 1.6 are a leap forward. Zombies are more dangerous but now you can hide from them. Food is scarce. People are more desperate. You need to be on your toes to survive. It's terrifying. Perfect.

Can we please stop adding stuff on whims.....

Do you really want forward development to stop? All these new features are exactly what the community was begging for, and the list still seems very long. I for one feel privileged to get the chance to give input and influence development and am glad that things aren't locked down yet.

Please keep adding stuff on whims.

If you guys sit there and play like this Mod works and is the shit then your stupid.

~KrazyKracka

If there was a real zombie apocalypse, you'd be my first meal. And the world would be a better place for it.

~KrazyKracka

What about my stupid? How did you even know I had a stupid? Get the fuck away from my stupid!