rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

Found a legit hatchet. Not sure how to sink it into faces, no obvious attack thing.

Don't mean to be rude but test your updates before you release them bro...

Don't mean to be rude but WE ARE the testers bro...

Hi' date=' I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Crowbar and Hatchet Emporium and Warehouse! .............

[/quote']

HaHa! Man this is classic.

HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.1.2

* dayz_weapons 1.3

* dayz_equip 1.3.1

* dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:

* YES: I know this hotfix has content in it. It was content that didn't make it into the last update' date=' and some of the fixes are bundled with this content, so it was easier to release the content than try to remove it.

* Requires ArmA2 Beta.

* NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT: MELEE WEAPONS ARE QUITE UNDER POWERED CURRENTLY. THEY WILL BE ADJUSTED UPWARDS OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. EACH HAVE DIFFERENT DAMAGE VALUES.

* ALSO NOTE: Melee is just in testing. They may not stay, they are just being tested to see how they perform. They are missing their sound effects, and tweaking of effects also.

Changelog:

* [NEW'] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)

* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Maximum animals increased

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Double Barrelled shotgun sound

* [FIXED] Gender assignment broken (working correctly)

Thanks for the update, look forward to testing it out later!

Okay I guess I have to mousewheel-scroll to ready the hatchet, all is well :)

Picking up weapons spawns 20+ crowbars and hatchets and neither one actually works. They also apparently take up the main weapon spot. This is stuff that would be obvious with about 5 minutes of testing.

WE are the testers

Purchased 3 copies for myself and my boys. This game is sick. The work you are putting into it is unmatched. Keep it up.

I'm getting the BATTLEYE KICK 16 ERROR...have the latest beta....

u tried reinstalling battle eye through steam?

Tried a different server and it worked....these server admins don't know what the fuck they are doing...another 1.7.1.2 server said I was running 1.7.1.2 but the server was runnign 1.7.1.1....yet the title of the server said 1.7.1.2............

Take a look in the mirror my man. You will be looking at an "Alpha Tester" if you do. New stuff, hot off the press. I am sure he has some other testers behind the scenes but he is looking for constructive feedback from all of us.

I was on the brink of dehydration when i loaded this fix and now I have a belly full of soda.

Also I think my hatched has disappeared....I had full gear but now I'm missing a hatchet.

Alot of servers dont have their version updated but it says that they do in the description. Please update your servers properly. Thanks

Does anyone not realize we are the testers? With updates coming out so frequently this is more than expected.

Clearly no one understands what an alpha is.

I've seen huge improvements including

-FPS increase

-General responsiveness increase

-Better balance of zombies and concealment

-Loot drop is working better

-Joining servers is almost instant now (used to take 15 minutes just weeks ago)

A ton of you are just being dicks, but if you think about where we were a few weeks ago, you would think again before being douchebags.

The only problem I've encountered so far is the hatchet spawning 30 times when dropping/picking up a new weapon

Does anyone not realize we are the testers? With updates coming out so frequently this is more than expected.

-FPS increase

A ton of you are just being dicks' date=' but if you think about where we were a few weeks ago, you would think again before being douchebags.

The only problem I've encountered so far is the hatchet spawning 30 times when dropping/picking up a new weapon

[/quote']

+1. that is all

-_-'' Well, for whatever reason in every server I go to I spawn in a different location and i lost ALL of my gear... is anyone else having this problem?

-FPS increase

A ton of you are just being dicks' date=' but if you think about where we were a few weeks ago, you would think again before being douchebags.

[/quote']

this, how the fuck are people saying they should have tested this, is that a joke, THEY ARE TESTING IT, BY RELEASING IT TO US, THATS THE TESTING. lol /rant

-_-'' Well' date=' for whatever reason in every server I go to I spawn in a different location and i lost ALL of my gear... is anyone else having this problem?

[/quote']

happening to me and my friend and quite a few others as well. we found 2 akms and about 8 mags and were super stoked. the server performance started getting really slugish so we swapped and it was all gone :[

Rocket, with all the money you make off this game when it's done, please use it to take a long vacation. I'm sure you will have earned quite a good rest.

Keep up the good work. We're all rooting for you ;)

We're the testers..... Bro.

This

Picking up weapons spawns 20+ crowbars and hatchets and neither one actually works. They also apparently take up the main weapon spot. This is stuff that would be obvious with about 5 minutes of testing.

It's alpha and it's a mod, he doesn't have a team of QA testers, not to mention what happens on a test server does not always happen on live servers. The issue could be due to the number of players on the server bugging out the script that spawns them, or any number of other possible issues. Not to mention he already explained he did not intend for some content that was included to be in, but it was easier to leave it in. Take your cookie and smile.

Give him details in the correct forums (The BUGS place) and it will help him fix it.

MELEE IS UNDER POWERED.

YOU ARE FOREWARNED.

It also does not appear to even work since you cant swing it

There appears to be a bug with the players visibility symbols? it has ranged widely from being completely invisible at night, to no sound at day.

Melee weapon takes up the main weapon slot? I would think it would be the side-arm slot.