All day today I have been getting this error with my public hive server. Is anyone else experiencing this or have any word on what the problem is?

8554604269_cfc404f116.jpg

Uh, that IS a public hive server! It is for US47, a PUBLIC hive server.

My bad, fixed and cleaned.

Yes.. The public hive is wacked out.. Vehicles not re-spawning and tents disappearing a couple days after they are put down.. Weird thing is they still show up in the hive log file when stuff gets streamed in.

I've had that happening with tents and vehicles as well. I'm tempted to just drop my public hive server until Standalone comes out. It's causing a lot of headaches lately.

More irritating is there is never any mention of issues (known or unknown) being handled by anyone.

Edited by Skydive

I´ve get the same error now. And Vehicles don´t respawn since a few days on my server.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Maybe they prepare the hive for the next patch 1.7.7 ;)

Going on 2 days now and I still cannot bring up my public hive server. Does anyone have any "official" word on what is going on?

Seems to be a compounding amount of hive read/write errors lately. Lots of desync as well. Probably all stemming from the same hive issues. I'd be curious to see where this one goes.

I'm having the exact same issue.

After I just restarted the server it won't connect to the Hive anymore, giving out that same error. I`ve been having this issue for allmost 2 days now, so my server is completely down.

Any news on when this is getting fixed??

@facoptere if it is a DNS issue, do you have any ideea to what host it's trying to connect, maybe we can add some static mapping to the working node or something?

Thanks,

Actually seems like that was the solution after all. I did some wiresharking and this is what I came up with:

On startup the server is trying to connect to cdn.dayz.nu (in order to get some sort of config) which resolves to these IP addresses:

Name: cdn.dayz.nu

Addresses: 176.67.160.114

My server was constantly trying to connect to 176.67.160.114 which is down. So I added a static mapping for the host to resolve to one of the other working addresses ( in this case 178.32.100.67 ).

Restarted the server and it now successfully connected to the Hive.

So basically what you have to do is go to your server to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc open up the hosts file with some editor (Wordpad) and at the end of it add the line:

178.32.100.67 cdn.dayz.nu

Save the file, restart your dayz server and it should be working now.

M06fdmu.jpg

Quick and easy fix, maybe the devs should give more attention to the hive running like shit instead of making a bigger variety of tin cans.

Edited by st3reo
  • Like 2

Quick and easy fix, maybe the devs should give more attention to the hive running like shit instead of making a bigger variety of tin cans.

My thoughts exactly.

st3reo, I used your workaround and it seems to work, but now I'm getting other error messages.

I'm still amazed at the lack of response from any devs. When there is a major problem effectively taking down the public hive servers, no one is to be seen, but if you say anything about their cans... EVERY ONE OF THEM shows up!

22:21:59 Database(0): [Warning] Connection lost (MySQL server has gone away) during MySQLQuery SQL: 'SELECT `PlayerName`, `PlayerSex` FROM `Player_DATA` WHERE `PlayerUID`='*******'' , retrying...
22:22:00 Database(1): [Warning] Connection lost (Lost connection to MySQL server during query) during MySQLStmtExecute SQL: 'UPDATE `Character_DATA` SET `LastLogin` = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP WHERE `CharacterID` = ? VALUES(********)' , retrying...

More irritating is there is never any mention of issues (known or unknown) being handled by anyone.

agreed.

Edited by marrr

st3reo explained better than me what I tried to write in the dev-heaven ticket.

I think that the person(s) responsible for the mysql server ('the Hive") hosting should fix the DNS configuration. Since there is only 1 server, the DNS entry should have only 1 IP address (I bet there is no fail-over for the Hive).

Maybe Ander or Razor could give an explanation and/or configure the DNS.

I'm sure the reasons for this setup lie in DDoS mitigation, but there are other ways (much better ways) to go about this than the currently implemented method.

I love how the community devs have seemingly "dropped the mic" on the dayz mod now. Just tumbleweeds blowing in the wind at dayzmod.com now.

Although they did mention there's no real support team anymore some stuff indeed needs fixing every now and then. I do understand that if those devs have to do this in their own time (apart from working on the stand alone) it might take a while before certain stuff is fixed. I'm glad there's alot of skillfull people in this community.

Alot of issues we (UK498) were solved with the help of other server admins. So respect for that!

I love how the community devs have seemingly "dropped the mic" on the dayz mod now. Just tumbleweeds blowing in the wind at dayzmod.com now.

We have nothing to do with CDN or hive control :-( We have very limited access to that side.

We have access to 4 .pbos out of 8.

We have push access to CDN.

We have hive db access (we can see and edit tables to a small degree).

Ill pass this on.

Im looking at the CDN.

Looks like one mirror in UK that is having issues.

It's a bit odd that if one mirror is down, it doesnt use the other.

Ill talk to hive maintainer and see if we can get a new DLL to fix that.

The UK VPS will come up soon.

• Like 1

We have nothing to do with hive control :-( We have very limited access to that side.

We have access to 4 .pbos out of 8.

We have push access to CDN.

We have hive db access (we can see and edit tables to a small degree).

Ill pass this on.

And who is in charge for https://support.dayzmod.com/ ?

Appears to be nobody anymore which is pretty sad in my opinion.

And who is in charge for https://support.dayzmod.com/ ?

Appears to be nobody anymore which is pretty sad in my opinion.

I don't really no its not something i've dealt with. We deal with the 4 pbo's everything else goes tho Matt

Actually seems like that was the solution after all. I did some wiresharking and this is what I came up with:

On startup the server is trying to connect to cdn.dayz.nu (in order to get some sort of config) which resolves to these IP addresses:

Name: cdn.dayz.nu

Addresses: 176.67.160.114

My server was constantly trying to connect to 176.67.160.114 which is down. So I added a static mapping for the host to resolve to one of the other working addresses ( in this case 178.32.100.67 ).

Restarted the server and it now successfully connected to the Hive.

So basically what you have to do is go to your server to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc open up the hosts file with some editor (Wordpad) and at the end of it add the line:

178.32.100.67 cdn.dayz.nu

Save the file, restart your dayz server and it should be working now.

M06fdmu.jpg

Thanks!