exomonkeyman

I may have a arma 2 key stealer on my pc HELP

Hello There.

This probally is the wrong section. If so very sorry. Please point me to the right section thx.

Im writing this on a phone so please for give in correct spelling.

Any way. My mate may be just trolling me but i wanna be sae. He was transfering files acrross to me. Then he transferd this file called index(6).php and so i opend it in notepad++ and there was no text at all. And it was like 900kb. And he said that may had been a key stealer. So i deleted he file and from my recyling bin. And im now doing a full scan on my pc with microsoft secruity essentials. Could that index(6).php file been a key stealer?!?! My pc seems fine so far. Running as normal. I mean it was not a .exe file or any thing :'(

Plz help

P.S

Exomonkeyman

You sure he's your mate? I'm not being nosy for no reason, if it wasn't your mate and you don't know the guy then that increases the chances of it being malware tenfold.

Edited by Fraggle

Format your drive and don't transfer files with your mate.

• Like 1

IT seems like so many people on here have really shitty friends.

We don't know your friend so how are we supposed to even judge whether or not some file called index(6).php is a key stealer? The files could be named anything.

EDIT: Tell your friend he is a stupid duck.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 5

He is a stupid duck. He is a freind freind. Not just some random guy i met. Format my drive :-( i cant say yes to that.

What do you guys rekon the chances are? A .php file that's 900kb in size that i cant really open in any sort of. Run program kinda way. I mean the file.. It did i just seem like a fike that was a troll. Really am not sure.

Edit.

Arnt most key stealera .exe files that you run. Other than just a .php file that seems like it just sits there.

php's can run. just not in the way you may be used to.

If you are accepting unknown unverified files from untrustworthy sources I would look at doing an OS reinstall. (after backing up and checking known data)

L

known data.

As in anything you want to keep that you know is legit, like documents, images etc.

Oh some how thougt you said unkown. I dont know if i wanna do that for something that may just be a troll.

Some one above said do a system restore or recovery.

Would that fix the potencial virus. Allso is there a program running in the background that could cause this?

It says i have a restore point on 12/03/2013 10:43:33 AM windows update type: critical update.

Thats all i have what the poop.

Hello there

TBH I don't know if a sys restore will do the job.

But at the end of the day it's up to you.

Just be sure you are comfortable with any possible consequences if you go the "easy" route.

Good luck!

L

Well thanks. My freinds a total ass. Im gunna perma ban him from my ts3 server.

Thanks for the help guys.

All so i have like 4 drives.... Which one would i format.

If I had a virus that I had no idea how infectious it was.. Id format all 4 of them. Id back up some files I wanted to keep on CDs or external HDD but you would have to be very careful on what you copied over (and that external hdd or cd runs the risk of being infected then too)

Really it depends on what you are willing to sacrifice in order to keep your CD key secure.

Edited by Talibambi

You have 2 choices the way I see it. Trust your "friend" and and carry on, if it's a keystealer you'll soon find out by getting a global ban, or format your drives, reinstall your OS and burn your "friends" house down.

Either way it's gonna result in you formatting your drives and reinstalling unless of course your "friend" was just rolling you in which case you may wanna re-think your friendship but that's your business TBH.

Ignore it. Seriously.you already clicked the file so any harm that can be done has been done.

If you run things fine, just keep going.And don't open/accept unknown files in the future.

He is a stupid duck. He is a freind freind. Not just some random guy i met. Format my drive :-( i cant say yes to that.

What do you guys rekon the chances are? A .php file that's 900kb in size that i cant really open in any sort of. Run program kinda way. I mean the file.. It did i just seem like a fike that was a troll. Really am not sure.

open the file in notepad and see what the file contains

900k and nothing?

Try opening it with notepad++ or a hex editor. If they also show nothing the file might be 900k of spaces /CR's

Try compressing it with 7zip, if it squeezes down to a few bytes, then it is just empty space. Test example with 38k of spaces gives a 209 byte 7z file

If you are unsure send me the zipped file and I will analyse it.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 2

900k and nothing?

Try opening it with notepad++ or a hex editor. If they also show nothing the file might be 900k of spaces /CR's

Try compressing it with 7zip, if it squeezes down to a few bytes, then it is just empty space. Test example with 38k of spaces gives a 209 byte 7z file

If you are unsure send me the zipped file and I will analyse it.

I opend it in notepad++ when i 1st tried to open it.

But then i just deleted it completely off my computer. No way i can get it now. ):

That's very kind of you to do that. But i don't have the file no more.

The virus that may have got or not got at all it would only steal arma 2 keys?? It wont make my pc slow or any thing. Or steal files will it?

I did a full scan on my entire pc last night.It found 3 viruses Exploit:Java/Blacole.GD & Exploit:Java/Blacole.GV & Exploit:Java/Blacole.AHN.

They were found in my old windows backup file. So they were old and not recent i guess.

containerfile:G:\windows.old Backup\Windows.old\Users\Sam\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\52\57779df4-6fcfefd2

They probably were there for a long time.

So far my pc seems fine about o go n DayZ and get bambi Killed XD.

Let's see what happens.

Well just played DayZ :P

Saw a car and shot at it.... Then i kinda just kept running.

I guess my pc is fine for now. I will keep you posted for as long as i can. How long do key stealers last for?? Do they last for ever and just never stop being on your pc. There must be some sort of side effect other than keys randomly going.

If it was a keystealer then it'll have planted a piece of itself deep within your PC, somewhere you'd never find it, and your key will have been sent off to someone that will most likely sell it cheap to a hacker, earning you a global ban.

If you do get a global ban then contact BattlEye support, who will most likely redirect you to BIS, and make sure you format all your HDDs and reinstall your OS before playing with a new key.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

Yea that's the most common thing to do.

I'm gonna wait until my arma 2 account gets banned or when something odd happens.

But for now i'm trying to see if the file was actually bad.

I think you're probably safe TBH, but we'll soon see... ^_^

• Like 1