Molochius

Ok so ive been banned, what are my rights?....

Ok so heres the situation, last time I played dayz was wensday evening, I dont play thurs onwards as I do a heavy weekend shift so dont get time for gaming, I went to log onto the dayz server I usually play on sunday morning only to find Ive been kicked off with the battleye global ban message.

Now I do not hack I have never hacked, hell ive had this game less then 2 weeks to be honest I wouldnt even know how to hack it im still learning the game so I have no bloody idea what this ban is for, I think its a mistake the cheatengine has picked up something as a hack when it wasnt who knows?

Before I carry on I do not care if you think im a hacker and im lying etc whatever, I know I didnt cheat and im not here to debate that.

But basically I emailed battleye support on the sunday to ask about the ban and if it could be revoked. I am yet to even hear back from them.

But my question is what are my rights? I mean in my eyes, ive paid for a game, been playing it with no issues and less then 2 weeks later my access is removed because the company behind it claim ive been hacking, however they present no proof of this and havnt even gotten back to me to say why ive been banned.

Surly this is illegal, I have consumer rights and I know damm well a company can not prevent access to a product youve paid for unless they have proof of misdeeds......I havnt been presented with any such proof. do I have a case to take this to a consumer ombudsman? I must have rights here, otherwise any company could charge people for something and then take away there access. im looking into this via other means but is anyone familier with the process know what rights I have in this situation? and no I dont care if you think im lying or whatever again thats not why im posting this message.

BattlEye have the right to ban anyone they see fit, you have no rights in this respect. It's no different from a pub/bar/club kicking you out for being disorderly.

Edited by mZLY

You paid for Arma so any "rights" you may have should maybe be addressed on the BIS forums where they offer support for their game. This is really nothing to do with DayZ which is just one of the many free mods for Arma.

Hacking is not always the reason for a ban, your key may have been stolen but that too is your responsibility. In the EXTRMELY rare case that the ban is unjustified then BE are the only people that can sort that out for you.

Edited by Fraggle

Battleye is shit. Just keep emailing them until you get an answer. My friend got global banned because he was chatting, CHATTING, about hacking. Just keep emailing.

• Like 1

this is not illegal, you buy the game on conditions. (a whole list)

if you cross the line and don't meet one of those conditions such as bad behavior and or hacking, they have the right to ban you.

keep bugging BE untill they respond and hope for a good outcome..

Battleye is shit. Just keep emailing them until you get an answer. My friend got global banned because he was chatting, CHATTING, about hacking. Just keep emailing.

I don't think that's even possible ?

I think he cheated and didn't want to own up, LOL.

You don;t get globally banned for chatting about hacking, that's simply not how it works.

The notion of beeing randomly banned is one i find hard to believe. Why have none of the 20 people i play with been banned then, while they have picked up and used hacked gear? Ofcourse it could happend, but i have a hard time believing it. In either case only Battleye can do anything in this regard. We cannot help you on these forums.

Does it say in the Terms and Conditions that they need no proof to support the claim that you've "crossed the line" on one of their rules? If not, that's BS.

"So... uh, we can ban you, if you do something wrong... in our eyes.... And we don't have to prove it... just have to say you did something wrong. And you'll have to buy another game, so... yeah."

I would contact the server admins that you usually play with. My ex-friend got server-banned from Rape Dungeon for ESP hacks, when he didn't, and it was most likely because he had a generic name "Kevin" at the time, so it would be easy to mix up names. Actually, I'm fairly certain scripts show player IDs anyway, so they must have just screwed up the numbers. They probably reported it to BE or something.

Does it say in the Terms and Conditions that they need no proof to support the claim that you've "crossed the line" on one of their rules? If not, that's BS.

"So... uh, we can ban you, if you do something wrong... in our eyes.... And we don't have to prove it... just have to say you did something wrong. And you'll have to buy another game, so... yeah."

I would contact the server admins that you usually play with. My ex-friend got server-banned from Rape Dungeon for ESP hacks, when he didn't, and it was most likely because he had a generic name "Kevin" at the time, so it would be easy to mix up names. Actually, I'm fairly certain scripts show player IDs anyway, so they must have just screwed up the numbers. They probably reported it to BE or something.

Global bans are nothing to do with server admins. They have no control or say in any bans issued by Battleye. BE looks for and detects scripts.

Edited by Fraggle

You don;t get globally banned for chatting about hacking, that's simply not how it works.

He may have attempted to hack, but it didn't work. They sent him a new CD-Key because of his complaining.

That's not how global bans work, admins can't report someone to be globally banned.

He may have attempted to hack, but it didn't work.

Then why on earth would you say he was banned for chatting?

Yard?

No, he was asking a valid question. The thread shall be allowed to die a natural death.

• Like 2

In my eyes consumer rights and consumer law trumps any biased tos from a games company......if I have paid for a product I am then protected by those consumer laws, I am pretty convinced that unless battleye can present to me evidence that I have been hacking then they have no right to prevent me access to the product I have paid for....to do so would come under fraud leglistation, taking money for a product which doesnt work....in this case a product which includes a faulty cheat detecting engine which prevents use of the product unjustifiabley

Then you don't know very much about consumer law. :S

You buy the game by their terms, one of which is the right to refuse access to the the multiplayer segment of the game.

You still have the full game and all of it's content for single player. You can probably still play on servers without BE enabled too. What they have done is restricted you from playing on servers with BE enabled, they haven't taken anything from you.

• Like 4

In my eyes consumer rights and consumer law trumps any biased tos from a games company......if I have paid for a product I am then protected by those consumer laws, I am pretty convinced that unless battleye can present to me evidence that I have been hacking then they have no right to prevent me access to the product I have paid for....to do so would come under fraud leglistation, taking money for a product which doesnt work....in this case a product which includes a faulty cheat detecting engine which prevents use of the product unjustifiabley

Sue them, or report them to your local autorities. Im sure they can provide the needed evidence when requested to do so by the law. If you can get the law to care.

• Like 3

It's also worth noting that they might not have banned your key. You may have had your key swapped out by malware that you inadvertently downloaded meaning that you now have a banned key and someone else is enjoying your key. It sucks but if that's the case then that is your fault.

• Like 1

Unless you are in any power to do something drastic to them, why should they be forced to give you evidence?

The amount of idiots saying that this 'is illegal' and to 'sue them, or report them to your local authorities' is fucking ridiculous.

The moderators have explained this perfectly, as they have done hundreds of times before.

Valve and VAC in a nutshell. I speak from experience, and according to their FAQ page about VAC.

• Like 1

Unless you are in any power to do something drastic to them, why should they be forced to give you evidence?

They probably are forced by law if required and I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige too.

Anyway, we can all take our tin hats off now and wait for BE to reply to the OP.

Edited by Fraggle