Sign in to follow this  
Galcian

Maybe put in other enemies aside from infected? *Please don't kill me.*

Hello, I have been following the development of this mod and the switch to a standalone game. I have been watching youtube videos and follow a few streamers now and then. And I will buy the standalone when it's released in alpha form, whenever that happens. I can wait.

I liked the initial tension of the game and I remember well one of the patches that made too many infected spawn. It re-added the tension and despair needed for this game to be a smashing success. But I've wondered... let me explain since english is not my main language.

I'm a fan of Resident Evil. Yes, I know, a different game, and the few last ones have been bad. I loved RE: 2 personally. I know it's another type of game. But it had variety in it's enemies. I'm not expecting this idea to be accepted and I don't know what future content the devs are planning for the SA, but I would love to see sick wild animals or natural predators from the region Chernaurus is based on, maybe a few infected animals that are more resistant to bullet impacts. Something that makes people SCARED of sleeping in the forest. A rabid pack of wolves, an infected bear... heck, a pack of dogs in the distance that can pick up your smell, especially if you have an open wound or are wearing dirty clothes. And if you manage to kill those animals, you could skin them (putting you at risk of catching some ailment or infection) for their leather or getting their meat (desperate times call for desperate measures). And if it's a big animal with a lot of blood maybe the infected would pick up the smell, or the other predators and walk to the source.

Hell, I would even be happy if some advanced stage of an ailment or infection makes you hallucinate and see monsters, even regional or folk legend ones when it's just other players approaching and the player must be careful in their reactions against others so they hold their fire because they can't distinguish reality from illusion.

I know that maybe will ignore the idea and I understand since this mod pursues realism, but it would be fun, even if it happened as an event once a month or even once a year.

Also, another question... will the game have caves? Bats and other nasties could live there and it would make for excellent hideouts, or traps when the infected come for you.

Thanks for this great game and for the chance to give some suggestions for this great project. I understand you have a vision but I felt like asking if you guys would consider it, even if given the scope of the project or it's direction it may not be feasible. Rocket and Co. soldier on, you have some fans here in Puerto Rico waiting for this game. :)

I would like to see packs of dogs and/or wolves. They'd introduce some actual non-player risk when out in the wilderness, plus wolf howls sound cool. It would also allow people to make cool fur hats.

• Like 7

To the poster who edited: Bandits are not the same, mind you. It's not the same confronting an armed individual than an animal which is unpredictable, far more aggressive who stalks and prowls, is faster and stronger than a human.. and leaves no bullets behind if you manage to survive the encounter. It becomes an equal risk both to bandits and survivors. Also, no gunshots so there will be no warning when they attack.

Edited by Galcian

I would like to see packs of dogs and/or wolves. They'd introduce some actual non-player risk when out in the wilderness, plus wolf howls sound cool. It would also allow people to make cool fur hats.

Fur Hats..brilliant. But no bears. Bears are too scary. Godless marauding creatures.

Zombie sheep? damn, it'd suck if you lived in New Zealand... :o

Edited by Mitunzz_

Oh great, Zombie bears. If they add zombie bears, the game will be unplayable. Everyone will be busy cleaning the feces out of there underpants because of the uncontrollable bowel movements from unimaginable fear.

Oh god, what if they made women models have menstrual cycles and when they were menstruating it attracted the Zombie bears.

It would also allow people to make cool fur hats.

This is, and will be the only case in which I approve of hats.

I also approve the concept of infected animals, but no "mutated" zombies, ones more resistant to bullets, or non-zombified NPCs.

• Like 1

I want some fur slippers. "Hey, where did my dog go?"

Edited by Sutinen

The idea if other/dangerous animals is an oldie but a goodie.

I would love to walk upon a bear eating the ass end out of a bandit :o

• Like 1

Bears and wolves, while endangered under normal circumstances would be able to grow their populations again if there was no interference from humans and become a real threat. Besides, if the bears were immune to disease they would proliferate quicky and a bear can overpower a group of humans easily; even more being a lot with broken limbs and no awareness of danger... as infected are. I see bears would get free food out of this epidemic and would develop a taste for human flesh. The fresher, the better, eh?

And wolves hunt in packs, that would make the a truly terrifying encounter either for players. Would be cool to get some input from the busy devs @ Bohemia. :P

hey guys there is a very interesting doku about wolves in the "zone" of chernobyl.. watch it! unfortunately i don't know if i can post it, although it is on youtube

Edited by joe_mcentire