Sign in to follow this  
=CHRTB=Zilch

How Hypocritical Heroes are Worse than Bandits

Hello everyone, this is my first post after over 7 months of playing DayZ. I made an account solely for this topic:Hypocritical Heroes are Worse than Bandits. But first let me explain my story( please note this isn't the first time I have experienced this, just the worst time). A few days ago I was playing on the server US 3840. It was mid pop, about 15 people. I had died earlier that day and respawned at the Balota airstrip. I then proceeded to Cherno and entered the firestation. I found 2 guns, an Enfield and an M16. I took the M16 and carried on. In an attempt to help a new player (yes I am a bandit, but I still help the Bambi's, because I realize I could've used help) I said on side channel that the gun was in the firestation shortly after leaving for the church.

After I had finished up with the church I headed to the store, when I suddenly heard "Oooooo a bandit in Cherno". I turned around, and got shot by an FN Fal. And lo and behold, guess what shot me? A hero. I wasn't dead surprisingly, and decided to try and talk my way out because I have already had my fair share of conflict in this game and to be fair I'm tired of killing people. So I said the usual bullshit of friendly, don't shoot and so on, and , still standing in the same place I got shot at just before. The hero pops out on the other side of the building he was hiding behind as part of some tactic to confuse me I guess and shoots me in the leg. And he keeps spewing some vigilante hero shit the whole time while this is happening. Keep in mind I'm not fighting back and that I have my gun lowered the whole time. He pops out the other side of the building one last time, and kills me.

To be fair at this point my Jimmy's were VERY rustled. I got mad at him on side chat and made myself look like an ass. So I respawned in Elektro and went on my way. I then see on sidechat that he is going through Elektro on his bike. At this point I just want to piss him off. So I try and steal his bike in front of the church, shoots me, does not even know its me. He was still on his bike about 10 meters away. Now hes paranoid. He proceeds to kill anyone with a gun in Elektro saying that he warned them to drop their weapons. He was not not even discriminating. He killed a hero for fucks sake!

He continued to make things up like he's getting gear for a friend, which no one ever saw, and then he will go north, or that he only kills bandits, which wasn't true because he had killed multiple survivors and a fellow hero. Eventually I killed someone for a gun and then decided to get off and warned everyone of the guy and not to trust him. At this point most of the people that were on the whole time agreed with me, and I imagine that shortly after they ganged up and killed him. So finally here is how hypocritical heroes are worse then us.

- They claim to help people even though they are just as concerned with protecting gear as a hoarding bandit.

- They act high and mighty, and are generally absolute pricks in the end.

-They KoS bandits, yet complain about being KoS'ed

-They see themselves above other players because of their "morals"

-They are hypocrites overall

-In my case, the hero in question had the arguing skills of a brain damaged 12 year old

Discuss and post your own stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I think that your Jimmys are quite rustled, and you made this post out of rage. Although I do agree with the hero bullshit. I cannot understand how they cant look past my turban thingy. One time I was knocked out by zombies and a hero walks up to my screaming body, and guess what he does? That's right, he finishes me off. My Jimmys are rustled aswell and for a good reason!

• Like 1

- They claim to help people even though they are just as concerned with protecting gear as a hoarding bandit.

-In my case, the hero in question had the arguing skills of a brain damaged 12 year old

This is all I read, and I agree with the gist of it I suppose.

• Like 1

No see you don't understand, I could care less after thinking it out because I lost a minimal amount of gear and that guy got fucked a lot worse, I just want to bring this to my fellow bandits and try to teach them that Kos is not the way and that this is ruining the game and to bring these so called "heroes" to attention!. To make it even more retarded we now have "heroes" acting worse than us! They have a reputation to uphold unlike us ( well we just have to show that we are professional bandits not scumbag KoS ones)!!! The only time I see KoS'ing acceptable is the far north, the airfield Stary etc. so I wouldn't feel bad about that.

A real bandit would have killed that hero, ate his body, and strung the remnants to the back of the bicycle and went for a ride along the coast.

Death as a hero is a tragedy; death as a bandit is a setback.

• Like 6

I do agree that this post is out of rage and is of course based on that specific player. More times than not, you'd get your ass shot for just wearing a cozy scarf because its very hard to judge the innocence of a bandit.

I would probably be paranoid myself if I am strolling through Electro on a flippin bike while bullets wizz past my head.

This can go for any player regardless of skin.

its pretty funny. a bandit complaining about being shot.

Dont trust anyone (except the people you joined the game with).

Edited by DMC14

Hello everyone, this is my first post after over 7 months of playing DayZ. I made an account solely for this topic:Hypocritical Heroes are Worse than Bandits. But first let me explain my story( please note this isn't the first time I have experienced this, just the worst time). A few days ago I was playing on the server US 3840. It was mid pop, about 15 people. I had died earlier that day and respawned at the Balota airstrip. I then proceeded to Cherno and entered the firestation. I found 2 guns, an Enfield and an M16. I took the M16 and carried on. In an attempt to help a new player (yes I am a bandit, but I still help the Bambi's, because I realize I could've used help) I said on side channel that the gun was in the firestation shortly after leaving for the church.

After I had finished up with the church I headed to the store, when I suddenly heard "Oooooo a bandit in Cherno". I turned around, and got shot by an FN Fal. And lo and behold, guess what shot me? A hero. I wasn't dead surprisingly, and decided to try and talk my way out because I have already had my fair share of conflict in this game and to be fair I'm tired of killing people. So I said the usual bullshit of friendly, don't shoot and so on, and , still standing in the same place I got shot at just before. The hero pops out on the other side of the building he was hiding behind as part of some tactic to confuse me I guess and shoots me in the leg. And he keeps spewing some vigilante hero shit the whole time while this is happening. Keep in mind I'm not fighting back and that I have my gun lowered the whole time. He pops out the other side of the building one last time, and kills me.

To be fair at this point my Jimmy's were VERY rustled. I got mad at him on side chat and made myself look like an ass. So I respawned in Elektro and went on my way. I then see on sidechat that he is going through Elektro on his bike. At this point I just want to piss him off. So I try and steal his bike in front of the church, shoots me, does not even know its me. He was still on his bike about 10 meters away. Now hes paranoid. He proceeds to kill anyone with a gun in Elektro saying that he warned them to drop their weapons. He was not not even discriminating. He killed a hero for fucks sake!

He continued to make things up like he's getting gear for a friend, which no one ever saw, and then he will go north, or that he only kills bandits, which wasn't true because he had killed multiple survivors and a fellow hero. Eventually I killed someone for a gun and then decided to get off and warned everyone of the guy and not to trust him. At this point most of the people that were on the whole time agreed with me, and I imagine that shortly after they ganged up and killed him. So finally here is how hypocritical heroes are worse then us.

exact same thing happened to me. i may have a bandit skin because i murder people with guns i want, but never bambi's. i give bambi's guns and supplies trying to help them make it in a world full of KoS kiddies. am i a hero or bandit for that?

exact same thing happened to me. i may have a bandit skin because i murder people with guns i want, but never bambi's. i give bambi's guns and supplies trying to help them make it in a world full of KoS kiddies. am i a hero or bandit for that?

Can't tell. Cause what really stops you from going back to those bambi's you helped and kill them because you "needed the weapon you let them have?". I just found this post a little contradicting.

The player skin system is flawed. Badly, badly flawed. You can't judge a person by what they're wearing. I've seen a lot of people in hero suits that KoS like the one you described, and I've also seen bandits that hand out free guns/vehicles and such. It's too much trouble to maintain survivor status when everyone's out to get you. But again, almost everybody will kill you for your beans, your hatchet, or just because they think they can't trust you. If you come across someone who doesn't attack you immediately, try to look past the clothes they're wearing.

These outfits merely tell a story.

Was the person in a firefight recently? (Bandit skin on a Hero)

Did he/she go on a raid, and have to heal fallen comrades? (Hero skin on a Bandit)

Edited by GotBeanZ

I may be a bandit, but it's more I told you to disarm and you haven't or you fired upon me first. I was helping a new player the other day and was killed by a Hero after he witnessed me giving this kid a transfusion, food and my M16. He still freaking killed me. Granted it was a set back. I told the kid he could take my gear and if the "hero" tried to loot me kill him. just because I look like a bandit doesn't mean I am going to prey on the weak. If you have decent gear it means you are at least good enough to find it and stay alive enough to find it so I am going to kill you, but I give a warning shot first, I like the battle concept, I am not going to kill you with you back turned unless your either preying on new player/fresh spawns or are wearing the Hero skin now I have adopted the Hero's mentality into the Bandit game style.

• Like 2

Did he/she go on a raid, and have to heal fallen comrades? (Hero skin on a Bandit)

Which is why I hope they get rid of it or at least fix it in standalone. It did seem like they would do something 'skill based' or at least they were 'thinking about it' in one of the interviews.

Personally I hope they get rid of 'exclusive looks' such as the Hero and Bandit skin because I don't want to shoot every bandit I see because of my paranoid self saying "Bandits = Bad. Hero = Good". Most of the time that is the case as 80% of the bandits i come across do shoot at me even after i say "Friendly" .

If anything i just hope they add Tranqualizers in the Standalone. That way actual hero's can just use tranqualizers on bandits, strip them of their gear, and then leave them alive. Kinda 'punishing them for stripping others of their gear' in a way.

The player skin system is flawed. Badly, badly flawed. You can't judge a person by what they're wearing. I've seen a lot of people in hero suits that KoS like the one you described, and I've also seen bandits that hand out free guns/vehicles and such. It's too much trouble to maintain survivor status when everyone's out to get you. But again, almost everybody will kill you for your beans, your hatchet, or just because they think they can't trust you. If you come across someone who doesn't attack you immediately, try to look past the clothes they're wearing.

THIS THIS THIS. People are telling me that I am whining for losing an M16. I am telling a story about the failed and flawed skin system. I could give less of a shit about gear, I have multiple tents around the map on different servers full of shit. And to the guy saying never to trust anyone, you are the cancer killing this game. And to the other guys saying that A TRUE BANDIT would have killed him and strewn his remains etc. after I tried getting his bike he holed up in the church and camped. One way in one way out, all his victims had Enfields while he had a FAL. Not going to be able to do much.

I'm a giant hypocrite for 2 reasons.

1: I don't like players that KoS, but I kill bandits and ghillie/AMR owners on sight. I'm too paranoid to let bushes with 1-hit kill capability to run around near me.

2: I don't like players that KoS, but if I hear gunfire and come across a fight in a city like Cherno, I don't take any chances; I usually end the fight by killing both sides, unless I know without a doubt who was KoSing who (ie, if I see a bandit shoot a FAL at an unarmed player, or a player that is running away, I only kill the bandit)

There's a lot of "Grey" between when it's okay and when it isn't okay to kill people.

If I may share a video, as an example of when risks just can't be taken...

There was a GIANT gunfight all over the north-east (I think?) of Elektrovodsk. It was ridiculous how many players were involved-it seemed like the whole 60 player server was there. I joined the fight by only killing bandits and trying to save survivors, but it seemed like everyone in camo or a ghillie was out for my blood and shooting at them made good players think I was a prick. I couldn't very well run away in an area FULL of bandits and snipers.

I killed 10+ people in 20 minutes. I am not proud... except for the 500 meter headshot on the running bandit.

Anyone that shoots that shoots at me dies unless they've got a really good excuse and I'm not already aiming at them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjfb4eziFg

• Like 1

While i do agree with you aout those kinds of heroes i to was killed by a hero and i'm a fucking hero i mean why would did even say anything he just typed in sidechat boom and i was like really now dumbass cant tell between a damn hero and a bandit

Can't tell. Cause what really stops you from going back to those bambi's you helped and kill them because you "needed the weapon you let them have?". I just found this post a little contradicting.

never thought about that thanks. It's hard when your on a veteran server. Cant see their names in order to know if friend i just helped or foe.

I made it easy on myself.

My two main chars are - Hero on one server who is a full hero and will only shoot when shot at or if i can confirm that someone being shot at is either a new spawn , unarmed or being seriously ass raped by bandits.

Bandit on another server who is full bandit no remorse, no mercy no regrets. On runs across the fields he will leave dead animals in his wake, even the rabbits.

• Like 3

I made it easy on myself.

My two main chars are - Hero on one server who is a full hero and will only shoot when shot at or if i can confirm that someone being shot at is either a new spawn , unarmed or being seriously ass raped by bandits.

Bandit on another server who is full bandit no remorse, no mercy no regrets. On runs across the fields he will leave dead animals in his wake, even the rabbits.

I have a similar play-style, except...

With my two CD-keys, I can do both on each server and no one will know I am the same person either.

FUCKING DIABOLICAL.

• Like 1

But you also have to consider, that there are certain types of scripters running around - giving themselves heroskin and running through big cities for fun. Because - as you said, it's not the first thing you'd expect from a hero.

• Like 1

A real bandit would have killed that hero, ate his body, and strung the remnants to the back of the bicycle and went for a ride along the coast.

Death as a hero is a tragedy; death as a bandit is a setback.

I have just creased into laughter at work and been caught browsing the dayz forums again.

me 0 - work firewalls 1.

Lucky im a system admin and just turn it off EHH

Look at it this way - you learned a valuable lesson. Just because someone is walking around in a hero skin does not mean they have good intentions. Its not hard for people who regularly run in groups healing each other to obtain a hero skin.

I love being a bandit. I love killing everyone I see. That's why I play this game.

But the best kind of bandit. Is the one who hides in a hero skin and still kills everyone.

You're mad at him for being a hero and killing you. I just think he's a really good bandit who knows how to camo himself. Why wear ghillie when you can wear hero.

The moral of the story:

Never judge a book by its cover

Just shoot it

• Like 2

The moral of the story:

Never judge a book by its cover

Just shoot it

Hahahahahahahah oh my sides. Best thing I've heard in a while