laughisback

The Laughing Man Prive Hive Admin Hacking Video

Second, it apparently needs to be said again and again - this was an isolated incident that happened once, and will not happen again.

How can you be so sure?? As someone has stated before this is the reality...

No matter what an admin's intentions are, whether good or not, if there is something this powerful at their disposal, chances are they will use it eventually. Solution, take this tool away and remove the temptation ... save yourself endless headaches.
-Post #38 - by novogeek Edited by djbrombizzle

First Tekz you know DJ and I came to you about ins numerous times and you did nothing. You acknowledged this point with DJ in TS the other night by saying "I thought it would stop I guess I was wrong". Explain why ins banned DJ for speaking up to him about this.

Keep defending him if you like it's pointless now and again learn the definition of blackmail because I didn't blackmail you or anyone else.

You came to me ONCE, and as a fellow admin, I told INS to knock whatever he was doing off. I have no authority over INS or what he does as an admin. I also don't profess to care what he does with his time as I dedicate most of my time as an admin to catching hackers/scripters/spawners.

Continue lying about your actions and the things that have occurred.

Continue deleting my posts on the Youtube videos you posted that said nothing more than I've said above. (censorship)

Continue lying about threatening to release more videos that contain other admins if we don't talk to you. (attempted blackmail)

Conveniently forget to tell anyone that even though you had such a moral objection to this entire issue that you fully participated in and profited from this event. (hypocrisy)

You are not a beaming pillar of morality here. You also are in no position to attempt to dictate what a server owner does in regards to his own environment and the powers he gives to his administrative staff.

DJ: As I stated in my post, almost ALL private hives have administrative capabilities. The difference on TLM lies in whether the admin can do it in-game or has to do it out-of-game. If you don't want anyone to have any of these capabilities, then I highly suggest you play on the main hive and stay away from private hives.

Edited by Tekz08

Continue lying about your actions and the things that have occurred.

I've not lied about anything the videos speak for themself I've also added my first hand accounts which are as credible as you are sir.

Continue deleting my posts on the Youtube videos you posted that said nothing more than I've said above. (censorship)

Your posts attacking me personally were deleted the rest are still there.

Continue lying about threatening to release more videos that contain other admins if we don't talk to you. (attempted blackmail)

Blackmail would be me asking for something improper or unethical usually involving money none of that happened. What I did is offered you a deal that would save you future embarrassment in exchange for a reasonable resolution to this matter. No more blackmail than a criminal taking a deal. As you can more videos are up now and the views have since doubled since you decided to get your ban hammer out on me.

Conveniently forget to tell anyone that even though you had such a moral objection to this entire issue that you fully participated in and profited from this event. (hypocrisy)

Did you watch the videos? Did you? Because there's a specific point in video #2 at 1:30 where ins tell me in response to me saying I'm not taking anything "just take it quit being a little higher road bitch jesus christ every fucking time" which not only provides some support to my statement that I didn't particpate anymore than I had to get the video (ie ask him to TP me) but that ins does this all the time by saying "every fucking time".

Again Tekz I always thought you were a pretty decent admin and when the time came for me pull the cord on these shanigans you would be right there guess I was wrong.

Edited by laughisback
  • Like 1

So this comment below, deleted by you from Youtube, was 'attacking you personally'?

>Just for the record, admins on TLM servers were given these abilities two days ago. This was a one-time thing where an admin was testing out his new powers.

>Prior to that, we had access to RCON to ban people as well as a shit admin map that took forever to update and never worked well enough to rely on. We mainly used it to see >who was in Cherno for glitch spots and trying to track teleporters/inventories with bad items.

Also: In common usage, blackmail is a crime involving unjustified threats to make a gain or cause loss to another unless a demand is met.

You had the possibility of causing TLM servers loss by diverting players away from the server. You had something to gain by having your ban lifted. You demanded to talk to us and threatened if we didn't, you were going to post more videos. That's attempted blackmail in my book, as well as anyone else who has an inkling of common sense.

I'm done with this and you. Carry on this vendetta if you wish, but it will get you nowhere. As stated above by TLM, the situation is being addressed/monitored by the server owner and the powers have been removed.

Edited by Tekz08

If you want to dicuss this then come to the forum, I am done talking about it here.

It woudn't be here if my posts weren't deleted over there.

Edited by laughisback

Also: In common usage, blackmail is a crime involving unjustified threats to make a gain or cause loss to another unless a demand is met.

You had the possibility of causing TLM servers loss by diverting players away from the server. You had something to gain by having your ban lifted. You demanded to talk to us and threatened if we didn't, you were going to post more videos. That's attempted blackmail in my book, as well as anyone else who has an inkling of common sense.

TLM losing players is a valid consequence to the actions of his staff. I won't let accusations such as your stand unchallenged your ignorance to the ethics of negotiations is no excuse.

I'm done with this and you. Carry on this vendetta if you wish, but it will get you nowhere. As stated above by TLM, the situation is being addressed/monitored by the server owner and the powers have been removed.

Good you've done enough damage for yourself in here. Good day to you though.

As stated above by TLM, the situation is being addressed/monitored by the server owner and the powers have been removed.

That's not what your boss said... you guys need to get your story strait.

I can easily view at anytime what commands were used and when to determine if use inappropriately.

I could easily remove this from my admins but then they would basically only have the power to ban/kick people based on accusations made by other players. Now they can just spectate the player in question (which is nothing new, just check opendayz) and remove them if necessary. Sure spawning in stuff might seem overpowered but that fact is now if a player loses gear to do server issues any of my admins can replace it for them.

Like I said I can remove this easily, but I personally would rather allow my admins to actual do stuff instead of being a player with a ban button.

Yes they did abuse it but it was a one time thing, like I said I can easily see what happens and can take action if needed. I have already restricted some of the commands.

I promised a video on the last page showing that head of ins did affect other players on the server. Here it is my my mic wasn't picking up but I was arguing with him about how the guy was right he did actually TP and spawn stuff in. His response "he shouldn't know that"

Well Echo you did say today only this video was that day and hear you are with your perma ban hammer out on DOC cheat day. You can cheat but other players better not!

As was said in Your second Video Laugh I Specifically Said TODAY ONLY!

Edited by laughisback

The person in the videos obviously cant handle the job of being a trustworthy admin. If you are going to give people these kind of "tools", then they should not be aloud to play alongside your normal player base (its called respecting the people who populate your server).

They should be made park their asses on a roof and actually try to monitor the server. If they want to play with your legit players, then they should cough up the menu.

Just my opinion, not that it means much. But nobody wants to play on a server where you are up against "admins" who are using this kind of stuff to hunt you down. I have many tools to monitor my server. But I make it clear to everyone, I will NEVER be a player ingame.

That would be my argument, if the tools help with day to day stuff, then fine. But the people with access to them should be admins, and not admin/player.

Edited by dizzmain
  • Like 3

Watch this video of INS in action:

Repairing a russian chopper that was a spawn that needed repairs, you can hear INS yelling at me to get out of the way and when I question why he flips out! This is obviously him repairing the chopper real quick.

Here is a second video:

This is that same chopper that he repaired using his admin menu...What happened here is that he teleported the wrong person to us while in the chopper. This resulted in a very quick and painful death for us all. But who cares when you can get a officer of your clan, who is also a admin, to TP us back to our bodies? This is exactly what he did and is shown clearly in this video. Also he is still actively trying to cover up his actions by telling everyone in the teamspeak channel to once again be quiet....

Edited by djbrombizzle

Well, power and money corrupts people every time. This is just another shameful example (of the many) of admins not being able to control themselves. If the admins have those tools then they shouldn't be playing on the servers, it's as simple as that. I don't care how much you trust them, as we can see your trust is mis-placed and it will be again.

I've read the entire thread and can't see one decent reason why anyone would want to continue playing on these servers when there are so many more out there run by admins that do that do it for the love of the game and nothing else (money, ego, power ect.).

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Run by admins that do that do it for the love of the game and nothing else (money, ego, power ect.).

I run this as a hobby, don't actually play anymore, and any donation has gone straight into server costs. Any access at the end of the mod will either go into paying for server costs of stand alone or be donated to my local goodwill. I personally have no need for the money,

Cool. I'm sure you don't play any more.

The problem seems to be that your admins do, and they play on the very servers that you've equipped them with tools to abuse their position. I don't care how much you trust them, a situation like that will be abused eventually. As for this being a one off for the admins to test their new hacks, well, I don't buy it. You've given them too much power and this is the result.

I'm sure your servers won't take a hit for this as most of the players there probably don't follow the forums so you have nothing to worry about. I still don't see a logical reason for your admins needing those tools, I used to admin well run hack free server and managed to so so without any of that. I've read your excuses for needing them but for me it just doesn't stack up. You seem to blame the community devs for everything, well guess what, it's those guy's keeping the mod going which allows you to keep lining your pockets.

As for not needing the money, well, I guess people just have to take your word for that. Charging people for starting load-outs (pay-to-win, which is against the spirit of DayZ) would suggest otherwise, most admins (including the ones I know personally) seem to do just fine with voluntary donations and if you can't run them without that then maybe you shouldn't be running servers at all.

You're main defense seems to "well no-one complained before they saw the vids". Well that's because they weren't aware of it. You claim to only run these servers because people enjoy the game, very charitable. I'm sure it's all about them.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 9

Until 1.7.6.2 comes out and moves the anti-tp script into the mission file, people will continue to spawn in the ocean if a bandit or hero.

[10:57] <TheLaughingMan> they are spawning in the ocean

[10:57] <R4Z0R49> We know about that issue?

[10:57] <R4Z0R49> Its the humanity change vs antitp

[10:57] <TheLaughingMan> Yeah I am just getting info from people

[10:58] <R4Z0R49> Yea due to the humnaity fix's as players morph into the new skin they get moved twice by the system the anti tp script dont know how to handle and sets lastpos at 0,0,X

I already removed the ability to spawn stuff in.

As for not playing anymore, like I said I join my test server to make sure a build doesn't break. Here is my last info from my main hive:

1zcenlx.png

Edited by TheLaughingMan

And that's it? The mod has always been buggy and always will be. Every new update will always introduce new bugs, that's the unfortunate nature of this being a mod. It's a pain in the ass and always has been.

I still fail to see why you continually attack the community devs and their approach. As I said, if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have any servers at all or the the income it provides you with.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I won't continue to add fuel to the fire, I'm sure as a responsible server admin that only does this for the love of the players and has nothing personal to gain by keeping your server at the top you'll take a look at the legitimate issues raised in this thread and address them (or not).

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

I'm not sure why the anti-tp script from 1.7.6.1 is taking any blame here as you can easily remove it from your server by commenting one line, we've had the feature removed for weeks now and have never considered allowing our admins to cheat in anyway (good intentions or not). You fucked up, and you should be taking the blame rather than shifting it elsewhere.

TLM has a very close partnership with well-known hackers and that tends to be what keeps him on top (due to the anti-hack measures they provide that most other public servers do not posses), and there's likely a whitelist within his anti-hack script that allow his admins to do what they do.

EDIT: Actually, if you take a look at some of the leaked anti-hack scripts out there, they all have a UID whitelist for server admins. As far as I know these scripts were originally made for TLM servers, and the old versions get leaked publicly. His admins using scripts is potentially something that has been going on for a much longer period of time than this.

Edited by Peep
  • Like 2

Update for those following this thread...

It appears HeadoftheINS is still an active admin over there, but has changed his name to "That other guy"

If your playing on there watch out, same guy, same attitude/aggression....

And still not banned, and still an Admin

People are posting complaints on the TLM forums about this guy, they just don't know hes the same person.

Laughing Man is genuinely a moron if he believes this guy won't abuses his powers again. I don't think TLM is a moron, I think he knows this guy and doesn't want to accept the facts. I've been in a situation exactly the same as this and the owner of the server kept saying it wouldn't happen again, that the guy would stop abusing his powers. Guess what? He didn't.

You never need the ability to spawn in hack crates, spawn in vehicles, god mode, invisibility, or admin map. God mode and invisibility will always be abused, so will spawning shit in. Admin map is useless, I never caught one guy teleporting, since you have to be looking at your map the exact time he does it.

You say that you're looking into it, but have you unbanned the OP. from what I've read, he was banned unjustly for no reason. Again, I doubt you will do anything about this and I feel bad for the people who play on your server. You've even got him to change his name. You are the type of person that sickens me. Take some action and stop being a pansy.

Edited by TheDesigner

As stated he has had all his powers removed so he is no threat, he can't even ban or kick people. All admins have been limited to spectate powers only. I would count that as taking action. In regards to banning him, I am clearly to blame for giving him the tools. I see no reason why he can't play as a normal player.

Edited by TheLaughingMan
  • Like 1

As stated he has had all his powers removed so he is no threat, he can't even ban or kick people. All admins have been limited to spectate powers only. I would count that as taking action. In regards to banning him, I am clearly to blame for giving him the tools. I see no reason why he can't play as a normal player.

You sure about that TLM??

I have evidence to the contrary of what you just said...just be honest with everyone for a change.....

Yup, during the last server restart I changed the rcon passwords and everything.So that would of been around 4pm CST. Prior to that I had removed him from the admin list but had forgotten to change the rcon passwords.

Is anyone really surprised laughing man's server is a hacker server? They are the ones that made the GPS global news network hack that advertised their pathetic server.

Is anyone really surprised laughing man's server is a hacker server? They are the ones that made the GPS global news network hack that advertised their pathetic server.

Were not discussing what the menu was, or how it was made...

This is a forum topic talking about ONE mans behavior, as an admin....abusing his powers really badly for his own benefit, and for the clan he is in.