laughisback

The Laughing Man Prive Hive Admin Hacking Video

Sounds like some one familiar with the territory.........

This stuff isn't new....he has tried to shake this stuff before. He is a wanna be hacker that runs a few few servers and wont admit it. He gets mad when they advertise his name on other servers when they hack. He cant take the heat thats his problem. I hope all his donators find legit servers to go play on.

This stuff isn't new....he has tried to shake this stuff before. He is a wanna be hacker that runs a few few servers and wont admit it. He gets mad when they advertise his name on other servers when they hack. He cant take the heat thats his problem. I hope all his donators find legit servers to go play on.

That menu in game is not a "hack", it runs server side and shows for anyone with their UID put into the list. I personally don't even use it, considering the only time I log onto my servers is to make sure an update didn't break something.

You don't see people slandering servers all over the net because of bad admins, they go to the server directly and get the issue resolved.

This entire event would have never even been recognized if Laugh hadn't posted the videos. This was supposed to be an internal event and for some of the DOC clan mates, yes it may not seem fair but guess what, I bet there are hundreds of other servers doing the exact same thing every single day behind closed doors.

It is astonishing to me that everyone hates on admins literally more then they do on hackers!

But hey, not a single person filled a complaint about INS or any other admin (even when we did fly-bys in the hueys) UNTIL the videos were posted. Again I go back to my first point, no one would of ever even known.

Laugh, I hope you enjoy slandering other servers in the future. Seriously a good person would have NEVER done what you did,

As for everyone else, the videos show us getting geared and the two Hueys, this is the first and LAST time gear has ever been given to DOC members by admins (hence this being the FIRST DAY admins had the ability to do so). If you know of DOC, we generally roll with 2 hueys and are geared to the teeth anyways.

If you leave that is your own decision and god help you. As for those of you sicking with us, thank you in your continued support.

IF THIS DID AFFECT YOU PERSONALLY PLEASE PM ME ON OUR FORUMS WITH DETAILED INFORMATION.

I leave you with this lovely piece:

Most of the "popular" servers have hidden admin menus that players dont know about. Ever wonder why your mission is bigger than 48k it isn't because they added some splash screen . . .

. . . Heck even a bunch of bad servers have hidden hacking menus.

Just look in your servers mission.pbo file if your curious as to what is being done.

But hey thats what makes private servers fun.

Edited by Xianith

During my time in the DOC first hand witnessed head of ins use his admin map to track other players on a regular basis. Further when he would find these other players by some miracle he would be the first to ban them for bitching about him cheating.

Moreover every morning he's up bright and early looting peoples tents with his admin map he goes right to the ones with good gear and takes it for himself. Also ask him about the time he took all 5 suv's that spawn on the server and hid them he found them all with his admin map. Countless times he leads the clan superstitiously right to high value vehicles yelling at anyone who questions him to "shutup don't ask questions who's the admin here".

You keep that guy around if you want but he personally did ruin the game for me and anyone who was a victim of his cheating. Those videos wouldn't even be on the internet if the other admins had taken action against head of ins everyone knew what he did and nobody wanted to stand up to him.

• Like 4

During my time in the DOC first hand witnessed head of ins use his admin map to track other players on a regular basis. Further when he would find these other players by some miracle he would be the first to ban them for bitching about him cheating.

Moreover every morning he's up bright and early looting peoples tents with his admin map he goes right to the ones with good gear and takes it for himself. Also ask him about the time he took all 5 suv's that spawn on the server and hid them he found them all with his admin map. Countless times he leads the clan superstitiously right to high value vehicles yelling at anyone who questions him to "shutup don't ask questions who's the admin here".

You keep that guy around if you want but he personally did ruin the game for me and anyone who was a victim of his cheating. Those videos wouldn't even be on the internet if the other admins had taken action against head of ins everyone knew what he did and nobody wanted to stand up to him.

So why are you telling me this now after videos have surfaced and not before?

I have brought it up before in TS to another admin, Tekz...

I thought it was going to be handled internally, but we all know how that worked out.

Look I am not trying to hurt your servers, if anyone is blowing this up its you guys! Laugh recorded and posted a video because enough was enough, would I have done it that why? Probably not but it did, now you have to deal with it.

This isn't a debate on what an admin should or should not be able to do, this is about one man who constantly abused his powers. From what it looks like you seem to be trying to cover this up way to much, its a very simple solution, apologize for his actions and remove him, done and done!

Edited by djbrombizzle

You don't see people slandering servers all over the net because of bad admins, they go to the server directly and get the issue resolved.

I did you deleted my post banned me from TS threatned me with a server ban and kicked me from your clan.

This entire event would have never even been recognized if Laugh hadn't posted the videos. This was supposed to be an internal event and for some of the DOC clan mates, yes it may not seem fair

Seriously that's your response if I wouldn't have posted nobody would have ever known... well OBVIOUSLY

But hey, not a single person filled a complaint about INS or any other admin (even when we did fly-bys in the hueys) UNTIL the videos were posted. Again I go back to my first point, no one would of ever even known.

Actually they did and I have more video of ins defending himself against the guy that accused him of teleporting and spawning crates the same day. Not to mention INS has been getting complaints as long as I can remember because he constantly raids peoples tents with his admin map. Standby for that video.

As pomised

Laugh, I hope you enjoy slandering other servers in the future. Seriously a good person would have NEVER done what you did,

Really no one would report chronic and habitual cheating. Ok so lets close this whole forum because obviously only bad people use it.

As for everyone else, the videos show us getting geared and the two Hueys, this is the first and LAST time gear has ever been given to DOC members by admins (hence this being the FIRST DAY admins had the ability to do so). If you know of DOC, we generally roll with 2 hueys and are geared to the teeth anyways.

Most of that gear comes out of head of ins tents that he fills with other peoples gear which is only found via his admin map. Everyone has seen ins do this navigate the clan around the map seemingly randomly only to 'stumble' on stuff.

Now let me leave you with these facts. I did bring this to Tekz together with djbrombizzle and nothing changed when djbrombizzle was talking to you guys the other night Tekz acknowledged that he was aware of head of ins tracking players with his admin map.

Secondly I first made this posts and my request was that if head of ins was removed the posts come down you guys instead of doing the right thing and removing the cheater decided to cover it up. Well guess what now there's over 600 views on the videos and climbing hell two days ago you refused my offer again to take the videos down if you got rid of head of ins the views have doubled since. What's that you and Tekz said I was doing blackmailing you that's not blackmail brother. Blackmail would be if I asked for something unethical or improper usually money.

black·mail

/ˈblakˌmāl/

Noun

The action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding money from a person in return for not revealing compromising or injurious...

Verb

Demand money from (a person) in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information: "trying to blackmail him for $400,000".

Synonyms

noun. extortion - chantage - shakedown - racket - racketeering

verb. extort

Oh and xianath don't forget when you had your admin map up while we were fighting cM north of stary as I recall you were telling me exactly where to drop you in the huey pinpointing there location. The cheating runs rampant in DOC the accusations are correct and my video is the personification of what DOC stands for.

Good luck being an affective admin with this stuff out there. Like ins said in video 2 at 1:30 "the last thing we need people knowing is we actually spawn stuff in"

Here's a tip for next time don't defend the thing that people hate the most in DayZ cheaters.

Post those Vids on opendayz and reddit

I think I will if we don't see some real action taken instead of all this talk.

So why are you telling me this now after videos have surfaced and not before?

I told you that via private message days ago... Other players have been reporting it for months.

More over TLM the way I've been treated in wake of this is ridiculous you'd think you would be happy this was brought to your attention and I'm sure the community would respect if you did the right thing by your players and donators. That's yet to have happen again as I've told xianith for days lets get some resolution feel free to speak to me in person you'll have to unban from TS first though.

Edited by laughisback
  • Like 5

I already told you, I removed his power as soon as your post was made while we look into it.

I looked through our private messages and the only thing I found was that you said you removed all admins maps and tools which is contrary to what has been posted today.

Further xianeth and tekz indicated that ins was still a active admin as well as his presence in the admin request channel of TS under his new name.

I'm glad to hear your considering removing him permanently though.

What's there to look into get rid of the guy for good like you would any other script kiddie.

Edited by laughisback

If that is what I typed then it was a mistake, it was meant to be in regards to INS. Right now INS is harmless because he cant do anything. I have to look into whether or not he abused the maps prior to this. Like I said the abuse of this menu was a one time thing.

As was said in Your second Video Laugh I Specifically Said TODAY ONLY!

As was said in Your second Video Laugh I Specifically Said TODAY ONLY!

Echo I didn't come at you I specifically am calling ins out. He is a habitual cheater and I would have filmed him on multiple days doing this but dj prematurely pulled the trigger by getting into it with ins about cheating and getting banned you were there so you know what went down.

INS can't handle the power nobody would stand up to him so I shut him down.

Either way one day or not its wrong to target other players with ESP and god mode plus illegal weapons. You and I were hunting that one guy and then ins showed up with ESP on and killed him remember Cherno factory.

Like I said echo stop defending this guy it's hopeless his shit caught up to him.

I haven't chimed in here as I don't know the people involved or the servers involved, but I only have one question?

What purpose does this menu provide to the admins? In other words, what purpose could the ability to spawn vehicles and weapons and items actually do to help an admin maintain and administrate a server?

The debate is not about whether the menu should be used or not but whether it actually provides a purpose ... I personally can't see the purpose. I run and administrate both a Private Hive and a Public Hive and I have never needed a menu like this and I am successfully keeping my servers running and hacker free.

No matter what an admin's intentions are, whether good or not, if there is something this powerful at their disposal, chances are they will use it eventually. Solution, take this tool away and remove the temptation ... save yourself endless headaches.

As stated, this is your server and you are probably the best one to be able to decide what to do and what action to take ... so I wish you all the best ... but most admins don't need tools like this to admin a server ... I know I don't.

• Like 7

The Spawning In Feature Is Given To Us In Case Of Either A. Spawning In Debug And Losing Gear. We Can Refund And Replace It. B. Hacker Kills All Every1 Loses Their Loot.We Replace it. It can also be used for fun events. Such as admin events . There are many applications for it. Yes some people abuse the power Thats Why TLM Watchs The Logs And Removes Admins Abilities If They Abuse It. But Some Dont You Dont Have To Remove A Temptation When Some Are Not Tempted In The Slightest. And There Are Alot More Purposes To These Tools.

Echo I didn't come at you I specifically am calling ins out. He is a habitual cheater and I would have filmed him on multiple days doing this but dj prematurely pulled the trigger by getting into it with ins about cheating and getting banned you were there so you know what went down.

Thats kinda funny u say u caught him on multiple days cheating and have videotaped them but yet i see only videos from one day. And yes they may be 3 seperate videos they are all videos that took place in the span of about 1 day. So come up with more then that If you really wanna go after someone. Also the Camps in the morning was only during the time of "duplicating tents" To Attempt to remove said duplicating tents And Their Contents To Keep The Server Fair And Clean.

The Spawning In Feature Is Given To Us In Case Of Either A. Spawning In Debug And Losing Gear. We Can Refund And Replace It. B. Hacker Kills All Every1 Loses Their Loot.We Replace it.

This can be done with a normal sql command and a re-login by the player. In the case of hackers, it is sometimes better to restart the server to remove any trash left behind by the hacker.

For events ... you would typically then only give access to the menu to a quartermaster.

Sorry ... not trying to start an argument ... I am just trying to establish why "admins" would need tools like this. It seems a little "fuzzy" to me.

• Like 2

Yes they did abuse it but it was a one time thing, like I said I can easily see what happens and can take action if needed. I have already restricted some of the commands.

Right, so let me get this straight... One of your admins abused power, but because he only did it once, that's okay? And you can see what happens and take action, but are choosing not to do anything other than restrict a few of the commands?

I'm genuinely trying to get my head around the fact that you seem to be okay with the fact that someone you trust with the reputation of your server has effectively done the same thing as a hacker (albeit with 'legitimate' tools you gave him for other purposes) and has been caught on video doing so. Almost any other server out there, that guy isn't just demoted, he's freaking banned.

Thats kinda funny u say u caught him on multiple days cheating and have videotaped them but yet i see only videos from one day. And yes they may be 3 seperate videos they are all videos that took place in the span of about 1 day. So come up with more then that If you really wanna go after someone.

Yeah' date=' I mean, if you really want to go after someone for admin abuse, you should totally come up with more than indisputable video proof of them doing it. Seriously, I mean what does [i']that prove, right?

• Like 3

This can be done with a normal sql command and a re-login by the player. In the case of hackers, it is sometimes better to restart the server to remove any trash left behind by the hacker.

For events ... you would typically then only give access to the menu to a quartermaster.

Sorry ... not trying to start an argument ... I am just trying to establish why "admins" would need tools like this. It seems a little "fuzzy" to me.

I can only backup what novo is saying. I reset players chars all the time, but I don't need an ingame tool for it. I update the database with one sql query job done, player logs back in and all is fine.

If we get hacked we bring the server down and restore the db (we take backups every 10 mins) again no in game tools needed.

If your serious about keeping your server running ligit then remove these tools from the admins as they really don't need them.

Right, so let me get this straight... One of your admins abused power, but because he only did it once, that's okay? And you can see what happens and take action, but are choosing not to do anything other than restrict a few of the commands?

I'm genuinely trying to get my head around the fact that you seem to be okay with the fact that someone you trust with the reputation of your server has effectively done the same thing as a hacker (albeit with 'legitimate' tools you gave him for other purposes) and has been caught on video doing so. Almost any other server out there, that guy isn't just demoted, he's freaking banned.

Yeah, I mean, if you really want to go after someone for admin abuse, you should totally come up with more than indisputable video proof of them doing it. Seriously, I mean what does that prove, right?

Exactly!! Well said

People also need to realize that admin powers and abuse are looked at more closely in Dayz then in other games such as Battlefield 3, Call of Duty, etc...This is because DayZ is a survival game, the whole point of the game revolves around keeping alive and getting better gear. Not like other games where all you do is kill, kill, kill then die and you get to select a class for your gear.

Also what INS was doing is a such a HUGE deal because he was arming the clan he was with to the max, thus ruining the game not just for me, but others. Even if this was a one day thing (as others claim) do you realize how unbalanced that one day of doing that made the game? Oh lets see about 8 people running around the server with MK48s, Ghillie Suits, M24s, M14s, etc...What do you think happens when they get killed? Yep that lucky guy gets his gear! SO now all these people are basically getting a ton of higher gear because of people getting high end weapons that are not legit. Then the admin would just teleport people to his new location and give more weapons, process repeats. You see how even doing this for one day is bad???

TLM if you are really serious about cleaning this up and keeping your server #1 in DayZ this is what I suggest you do:

1. Ban INS - will show the community that even people close to you that if you get caught abusing your server and admin abilities that your gone

2. Wipe clean the server - Reset everything, gear, tents, vehicles, etc...Give people like a weeks notice so that they all don't freak out. But I think people will generally agree after this its a good move.

3. Restrict admin abilities to what they used to be, minus the admin map

This can be done with a normal sql command and a re-login by the player.

Due to work I am normally not around to handle that.

I have restricted spawning commands for all admins at the moment and have completely removed all commands from INS as we look into this. I am taking action on his abuse of the menu. As for the admin map stuff right now it is just two players accusing him so I need to look into in further. I run these servers as a hobby only so while I am work they get pushed down on my priority list.

TLM if you are really serious about cleaning this up and keeping your server #1 in DayZ this is what I suggest you do:

1. Ban INS - will show the community that even people close to you that if you get caught abusing your server and admin abilities that your gone

2. Wipe clean the server - Reset everything, gear, tents, vehicles, etc...Give people like a weeks notice so that they all don't freak out. But I think people will generally agree after this its a good move.

3. Restrict admin abilities to what they used to be, minus the admin map

1. This is being considered, as I said I have to look at everything.

2. There is no need to wipe the server clean after a single incident like this, I had already posted about doing this before but players do not want to lose everything they have. I really do not see a need to wipe the hive.

3. I might as well then just not have admins then, as they would basically be a normal player with just a ban button. That is not enough because as soon as anyone dies they scream out that a hacker did it. Most servers out there use an admin map, it allows us to see if people are teleporting, if they are carrying banned weapons, and if someone does complain that some had god mode we can determine who was in the area to look at.

• Like 1

@TheLaughingMan: Kudos to you for taking action. I was by no means implying that you need to remove them or something drastic like that, it is after all your server and I wish you all the best. Good luck man. :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

The Spawning In Feature Is Given To Us In Case Of Either A. Spawning In Debug And Losing Gear. We Can Refund And Replace It. B. Hacker Kills All Every1 Loses Their Loot.We Replace it. It can also be used for fun events. Such as admin events . There are many applications for it. Yes some people abuse the power Thats Why TLM Watchs The Logs And Removes Admins Abilities If They Abuse It. But Some Dont You Dont Have To Remove A Temptation When Some Are Not Tempted In The Slightest. And There Are Alot More Purposes To These Tools.

Please don't capitalize every word you type. When I see a post like that I think a 9 year old wrote it.

On topic.. I'd like to see where this leads. Considered this server as my buddies and I are looking for a good white-listed server to play on once the public one we play on shuts down soon but now I'm hesitant.

First off, it appears as though many in this thread have the misconception that server 'admins' on TLM have access to the database and SQL functions. This is not the case. As such, typing a 'simple command' to fix player locations/debug spawning/etc. is not something we are capable of doing. These powers were supposed to help admins (not the owner) deal with these issues.

Second, it apparently needs to be said again and again - this was an isolated incident that happened once, and will not happen again.

Third, this is a private hive. Last I checked, most private hives have admin consoles that allow direct access to player inventories as well as the ability to spawn vehicles and access the DB. It's a joke that this is even an issue.

Fourth, TLM servers have been #1 for so long because the admin staff has been attentive to player needs and our anti-hack capabilities are second to none. Find me a valid complaint and I'll show you 100 other players who have had a good experience. As Xianith said, this incident didn't directly affect -anyone- and we have put out a call to anyone whom it did affect to make it right.

Lastly, as for the availability of these tools, we were able to help multiple people during the time they were active that we would have not been able to help before these abilities were implemented. These issues included the items in my first paragraph above. Each of those players was extremely thankful that we were able to help them at the time and that they were able to continue on with their gaming experience.

Second, it apparently needs to be said again and again - this was an isolated incident that happened once, and will not happen again.

First Tekz you know DJ and I came to you about ins numerous times and you did nothing. You acknowledged this point with DJ in TS the other night by saying "I thought it would stop I guess I was wrong". Explain why ins banned DJ for speaking up to him about this.

Keep defending him if you like it's pointless now and again learn the definition of blackmail because I didn't blackmail you or anyone else.