Sign in to follow this  
OnkelGunther

ARMA 2 Discount on Steam until 12th of March!

Awesome. Getting a new gaming rig on Saturday and really looking forward to playing Day Z. It's a sign from the zombie gods that Arma is on such a great deal.

• Like 1

Bottom line: do research before just clicking 'buy', and don't blame the developers if you don't and end up paying more than you needed to. The idea of 'bundles', where you can buy multiple separate items for a single price that's usually lower than their total separate cost has been around pretty much forever... I don't understand why it appears to be news to you.

• Like 1

Bottom line: do research before just clicking 'buy', and don't blame the developers if you don't and end up paying more than you needed to. The idea of 'bundles', where you can buy multiple separate items for a single price that's usually lower than their total separate cost has been around pretty much forever... I don't understand why it appears to be news to you.

shop around comes to mind as well gog had it on better deals then steam most of the time. but then again they also sold the two separate games separately.......strange

for a long time now on the steam page at the top there has been a box saying that The Day Z Mod requires combined operations both Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead.

it has been changed now though to The Day Z Mod requires both Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. For the best experience (including high detail textures for all models used in the DayZ Mod) purchase Arma II: Complete Collection.

and underneath the Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead add to cart it says

Packages that include this game Buy ARMA II: Combined Operations Includes 2 items: ARMA II, ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead

this has been the case now for ages and i dont really see how anyone attacked you over this bis dont control how steam runs their own shop only the information that is displayed on the store page ie requirements and features

steam has never been the easiest store to look around and they have their own problems but they do have a lot of games to keep updated on the pages plus they are a game developer

I'm sorry man but this simply isn't correct. When I bought the game there was nothing like this posted on steam. Also, steam no longer sells ARMA 2 by itself.

A

Edited by DrGonzo

Thanks Mr. Sarcasm. It's not news to me. I love how hateful this community is. I'm just making sure that people are informed and don't make the same MISTAKE I did. Learn some manners.

There was no hate involved, I have no idea why you're so defensive. I was simply pointing out that there's a lesson to be learned from this, both for you personally, and for others reading it.

My manners are just fine, I don't see where I was rude at all. In fact, there are those that might consider calling an entire community 'hateful' for simply informing you of the facts a little on the rude side.

Anyway, I have no wish to drag this on. Good luck with your twelve dollars.

FFS!!!

Had I known about this back in 2009, I wouldn't have pulled the trigger so swiftly...

• Like 1

I myself paid what I call a stupid tax. I didn't read carefully enough to see that the high res skins were in another bundle with ARMA 2 and OA. I had to buy the add ons seperate. It was my fault for not reading carefully, so I paid a stupid tax. :P

Might be worth chasing it up then if you feel it's worth your time.

Just bought mine a week ago for the full price at 24.00. Also to add, Rocket said he was going to climb mount Everestin Arpil or whatever, there is no way that he will leave prior to releasing he game and since recent comments confirm that he is still going to climb. I bet they release it soon.

Just bought mine a week ago for the full price at 24.00. Also to add, Rocket said he was going to climb mount Everestin Arpil or whatever, there is no way that he will leave prior to releasing he game and since recent comments confirm that he is still going to climb. I bet they release it soon.

I bet they don't release it until we've all bought ARMA 3. It won't be out for at least a month. I hope I'm wrong but I think they're milking this gravy train all the way to the cash cow bank.

Edit: Before you start acting like jerks, that last line was a joke. I mean, who really knows where the cash cow bank is... come on.

Edited by DrGonzo