Sign in to follow this  
tals975

VERY confused about Backpacks.

Hey guys.

So, yesterday, I was playing, and I found an Alice pack.

Aperently now it has 16 slots, but what ever.

If you refer to DayZ Wiki (http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Backpack), it tells us the backpack sizes and how many slots it has.

Quote from DayZ Wiki:

"The largest backpack, the Coyote Backpack, is a rare military spawn only, The Czech Backpack also has 24 slots, but has less weapon slots, having 2 whilst the Coyote Backpack has 6."

What the f*ck?! I can now store 6 weapons inside a Coyote?!How does that work? Do they just take up less space inside it, or do you have like a seperate menu, like car's gear menu, for example?

If i get it right, they are currently trying to change the way backpacks store stuff. You might have read somewhere that they have an individual value for max weapons, so that weapons are no longer just "10 slots"or "5 slots".

I cannot tell you why, but this feature just isn't working right now, so all the backpacks care about are the new slot-values.

I too think it's confusing, especially as some private-hives custom-changed the values for their backpacks, making it practically impossible to know how many slots any backpack has. Alice/czech/coyote backpack are usually between 18 and 30 slots. Depending on mod and server.

I got used to opening the backpack I found, opening my own backpack and comparing how much they can hold. At the moment, I don't even try to remember which backpack contains what. I expect that to change, so learning what it is now is kind of useless.

• Like 5

6 weapon slots means you can only store up to 6 weapons/tools in your pack, however it does not gerente space for those weapons.

Example 6 weapon slots= six maps in your backpack, you now can't add a 7th even though there is room.

This is also why the lower backpacks with more then 5 slots still can't have a pistol.

Do you really need 6 weapons in your bag?

No.

• Like 1

No.

AS50 for day, DMR for night, FN FAL NVG for night, M4A1 CCO SD for silenced and FN FAL for daytime ;)

No.

If I find 6 awesome weapons but there is no way I could store them otherwise, then yes.

Carrying an AS50 inside a backpack is noobish and unreal enough, Do you want to carry five weapons? One is more than enough.

By the way, it is not very difficult:

You have the following backpacks:

Primary weapons take 10 slots, while secondary take five slots.

Patrol pack: 8 slots.

Czech Vest Pouch: 12 slots, but no weapon can be stored inside.

Assault pack(ACU): 12 slots

Alice pack: 16 slots

Survival Pack(ACU): 16 slots

British Assault Pack: 18 slots

These backpacks can be found in both civilian and military spawns, with their corresponding rarity according to their size. Best place to find them is, as always have been, the supermarket.

The following two can only be found in military spawn points:

Coyote Backpack: 24 slots

Czech Backpack: 24 slots

you can't carry ALL 6 wepaons in there, do the math

a primary takes 10 spaces, so 2 primarys is 20 with 4 spaces left over for mags.

a secondary takes 6 spaces. so 6x4 is 24, meaning you could carry up to 4 handguns, but no ammo.

so, 2 primary's and 4 secondarys, makes 6 guns total. limited to chosing one or the other.....or neither.

Edited by K1NGFL1P

If u wanna compare to whats realistic...I can easly stuff 10 AK47 in one of my backpacks thats 60-80 liters...probaly 5 of the big sniper guns

Realism shmealism - I've got a wheel, four steaks, a water bottle and a couple of cans o'beanz and cokes in my pack as we speak.

Realism shmealism - I've got a wheel, four steaks, a water bottle and a couple of cans o'beanz and cokes in my pack as we speak.

dont see a problem with that...in the army we loaded 80 kg in recon pack we had. As long as the backpack has proper frames u can carry 4 wheels with it if u want to...but u wont be running around ;)

post-115092-0-21305800-1362349533_thumb.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Carrying an AS50 inside a backpack is noobish and unreal enough, Do you want to carry five weapons? One is more than enough.

By the way, it is not very difficult:

You have the following backpacks:

Primary weapons take 10 slots, while secondary take five slots.

Patrol pack: 8 slots.

Czech Vest Pouch: 12 slots, but no weapon can be stored inside.

Assault pack(ACU): 12 slots

Alice pack: 16 slots

Survival Pack(ACU): 16 slots

British Assault Pack: 18 slots

These backpacks can be found in both civilian and military spawns, with their corresponding rarity according to their size. Best place to find them is, as always have been, the supermarket.

The following two can only be found in military spawn points:

Coyote Backpack: 24 slots

Czech Backpack: 24 slots

Czech Backpack: 24 slots << can be found in supermarkets and pubs and such like.
  • Like 1

dont see a problem with that...in the army we loaded 80 kg in recon pack we had. As long as the backpack has proper frames u can carry 4 wheels with it if u want to...but u wont be running around ;)

If i had 4 wheels i would expect to be driving around ..

How many heli rotors could you carry ? ;)

If i had 4 wheels i would expect to be driving around ..

How many heli rotors could you carry ? ;)

hehe, I have no idea how much a rotor weighs