Sign in to follow this  
Raged

Do we deserve a devblog update this week?

We all know forums for games are packed with raging hormonal kids, discussions will get out of hand frequently

Admittedly a momentary lack of judgement on my part. Here I was thinking Dayz' forums would be better, or at least try to be.

Go start flame wars on Reddit or Twitter or some place else filled with attention starved people.

because it's obvious I'm the one flaming here :rolleyes:

At least I got a nice lol after getting home from work today. Oh wells.

Edited by Raged

Either we deserve it or not, apparantly we won't have it, since it's been 2 days. there is always next week!

So what I get from all this is no devblog this week because some people were having issues and bashing each other? Who cares its the internet. I am dissapointed that there is no devblog this week as it was stated by developers that there would indeed be weekly devblogs. Its stupid stuff like this that seems to be even more prevalent in DayZ. Dare I say it (moan all you want) but I have lost considerable interest in this game/mod and its dwindling daily. Maybe it is going in the wrong direction afterall, who knows.

Edited by PracticalTactical

We do not deserve one, because of how people reacted to such a little cans, and that means that we are very inmature, and we need to think of our actions. Now excuse me, gonna keep clubbing a baby seal.

You get nothing

We do not deserve one, because of how people reacted to such a little cans, and that means that we are very inmature, and we need to think of our actions. Now excuse me, gonna keep clubbing a baby seal.

But I didn't do bugger all. See, if the devs want to punish the community because of some internet disagreement there is something wrong with the devs and the DayZ community. I mean, will they postpone new items/weapons in the standalone game because someone said something on the internet? Such baloney.

Wait, the people who make the devblogs are Rocket and Matt.

The people who should be offended/upset by the community is Razor, Joey and Elvaron.

Rocket and Matt don't have hardly anything to do with this.

If you add up all the people involved in the can discussion, both for and against, it would still be a extremely tiny fraction of the community. I'm sure Rocket knows this, and wont be so petty as to punish us all for the actions of the vocal minority.

Hello there

Intrinsically we have never deserved a dev blog, but they have been kind enough to give us a weekly glimpse into what's been going on.

As to being denied a blog over the actions a minority, why punish the majority for it?

I say publish away (if time permits)

Rgds

LoK

Intrinsically we have never deserved a dev blog, but they have been kind enough to give us a weekly glimpse into what's been going on.

Are you kidding me?

Nope, what don't you get?

Hello there

hello there

I think what ur saying is kinda wrong...talking about derserving anything isnt really the right word. If rocket wants to sell his game and provide beans on his table he better cater to the potential players thats gonna buy the game when its done...no matter what goes on the forum. Stopping the devblog and hence the advertising of the game isnt really smart.|

What ppl need to learn is that the forums will always be packed with hormonal pubemustache kids eagerly waiting to overreact on the slightest bit of information they see. Here on the forum they hone their ways of expressing themself so they are prepared for the real world outside moms basement. In the meanwhile there will be more threads as stupid as this one.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 3

Nope, what don't you get?

It's in Rocket's best interest to make devblogs. The more devblogs he makes, the bigger the DayZ hype will be. He would be a fool, not to make any. You are talking like we should pay him to release devblogs! Are you forgetting that we are the ones that need to buy his product and he needs to sell it to us?

Deserve? Entitled? You guys are pathetic.

• Like 1

Just because it's in Rocket's best interest to publish devblogs doesn't mean that we as gamers deserve the devblogs. And saying that we don't deserve devblogs isn't saying the same as saying that Rocket should never put out devblogs.

Edited by AdmiralGreene
  • Like 1

TBQH I've noticed the devblogs have slipped into a more fortnightly style anyway.. And I really don't care when we get them.

I'm definitely buying the game anyway, so any new stuff to look at is either spoiling the fresh experience when it comes out or just plain interesting and exciting. Probably why I'm going to try and limit the amount of streamers playing the alpha I watch when it goes more open.

Hello there

As to being denied a blog over the actions a minority, why punish the majority for it?

I say publish away (if time permits)

Rgds

LoK

Actually according to the last voting results it was the majority so, no you are not right in this case

It's in Rocket's best interest to make devblogs. The more devblogs he makes, the bigger the DayZ hype will be. He would be a fool, not to make any. You are talking like we should pay him to release devblogs! Are you forgetting that we are the ones that need to buy his product and he needs to sell it to us?

Hello there

I said no such thing. Payment? where on earth did you get that from?

You and I are entitled and / or deserve zero imho. I used "deserve" as that was in OP's title.

I've done little to deserve anything. All I have done is play the game. I don't think that entitles me to anything.

Now, do I think dev blogs are a good idea? Yes, very much so, but that's not what the op asked.

Does that explain it a little better?

Rgds

LoK