Sign in to follow this  
Totemcarrier

Shooting From Vehicles

I think a cool feature for vehicles that would make them less vulnerable to just getting rocked by machine gun fire is to add some feature that allows the passengers of a vehicle to shoot out of their window in a car or out the side of a helicopter with their currently equipped weapon. Also it would be nice to have a feature where i can access my personal gear and not just the gear of the car while riding in it(e.g. Being able to switch weapons from your backpack to your main hand without leaving the car.)

Reason for Suggestion: A group of me and my buds were caravanning through certain towns and we were completely vulnerable because of not having this ability to fire out of our windows, yet everyone else was able to shoot at us.

Example of Suggestion: Battlefield 3 has this feature and works quite well and really isn't that imbalanced because of the degree of difficulty to actually shoot someone and kill someone while moving on the ground or air.

Disclaimer: Sorry if these concepts have already been suggested! New to the forums and a couple weeks new to the game itself. But I do believe these would be neat features to have!

Thanks for reading!

• Like 10

Not a bad idea by a long shot.

I'm not sure about the ArmA 3 engine, or the modified engine that the Standalone is built on, but for the mod at least firing from inside vehicles is not supported by the ArmA 2 engine. It gets better with each iteration though. In OFP vehicles could only have one gun so helicopters would only have a door gun on one side and MBTs only had the main gun and a coaxle, no commander's coupola. Can't remember if this was adressed in ArmA or ArmA 2.

It's been suggested many times before, but I do agree with this idea as long as it goes to a certain extent.

• Like 2

It would be fairly simple to allow people to open up the side windows of vehicles and lean out of them with their secondary weapon equipped. It's only the animations that would be slightly tricky (Imagine 2 people on the backseat leaning against each other and clipping through each others heads).

Basically allow leaning and the equipping of secondary weapons inside vehicles and the problem is conceptually solved.

Edited by TheSodesa

ArmA 3's engine, if I recall correctly, will have this. There's already mods that allow this for trucks, urals, and hatchbacks, but on a, lets say, SUV, it's just not going to work.

And ST LB enhance:

The mod TLR has the mods which I mentioned, it's pretty fun to do, can't find it on YouTube though, check it out yourself.

(TLR = Takistan Life Revolution)

Edited by TheDesigner

or just add those armed uaz's and pickup's which are already aviable from arma 2

did you think about the extreme difficulty of aiming in a car?

More importantly, shooting IN vehicles.

Carjacking anyone?

1. get in car with survivors

2. b passenger

3. shoot driver while going 100km/hr

4. ???

More importantly, shooting IN vehicles.

Carjacking anyone?

1. get in car with survivors

2. b passenger

3. shoot driver while going 100km/hr

4. ???

Sounds kinda like CoD to me :P

• Like 1

Of course it would be inaccurate, but that's not the point. There are no logical reasons for you to not be able to fire out of a car window.

Edited by TheSodesa

Of course it would be inaccurate, but that's not the point. There are no logical reasons for you to not be able to fire out of a car window.

reason is to provide cover fire for self. aka scare people who are trying to shoot you

This was suggested before. It's a good suggestion. I don't think it's far-fetched. It would be awesome for drive-by shootings. People do it in real life, as well. Right now you either have to stop the car and get out, or hope you don't get hit as you drive away. Defenseless.

xO7Z1vw.jpg

Firing your weapon while the vehicle is moving will clearly be wildly innacurate-- it's a tough thing to do.

Now, you should be able to fire your rifle from a car, but since there's often little room in a vehicle, it should be somewhat more innacurate than on foot, even if the vehicle is at a standstill.

Edited by Very Ape

I heard shooting gangbanger style the best way to conserve ammo...

This also improves accuracy while shooting sideways 4234986946_c7b1773f39.jpg

Edited by Enforcer

hunters, at least in our area, often "hunt" out of their vehicles...

Edited by joe_mcentire

It would be so great to find a PDW, point it out of the window and mow down some bambis. Of course, it would have to be tilted to the side...