Sign in to follow this  
kasigawa

Here's an original idea! What if you could turn into a zombie after a zombie kills you?

My brother gave me an interesting suggestion. What if a zombie kills you and you turn into a zombie. While being a zombie you can attack other players (even if it's for a limited time) and turn them into zombies. After you die as a zombie you start all over again as a regular character. The idea would definitely bring a challenge for zombies being unpredictable. A person might not know if it is a zombie or a player playing as a zombie.This also allows zombies to travel by themselves looking for other players, forcing other players to be more cautions of their environments.

Another idea is that after a fellow player dies from a zombie attack, he has to get his team to shoot him to prevent from becoming a zombie (or maybe he could shoot himself if he doesn't want to become a zombie); therefore, the player can play as a regular character and not a zombie.

:beans: ぺこぺこ!

dayz epoch is working on that

Either you are an excellent troll, or you misunderstand the meaning of the word 'original'.

Not only has this been suggested a thousand times, everyone pretty much hates the idea, plus it's been confirmed by Rocket himself I believe that the zombies are not infectious to players.

• Like 8

It would be far to difficult to implement something like that, and this suggestion has been mentioned many times. Besides, the whole point of the game is to survive as a survivor, not as a zombie, creating the possibility to be a zombie seems a bit over the top.

Edited by Mitunzz_
  • Like 1

My brother gave me an interesting suggestion. What if a zombie kills you and you turn into a zombie. While being a zombie you can attack other players (even if it's for a limited time) and turn them into zombies. After you die as a zombie you start all over again as a regular character. The idea would definitely bring a challenge for zombies being unpredictable. A person might not know if it is a zombie or a player playing as a zombie.This also allows zombies to travel by themselves looking for other players, forcing other players to be more cautions of their environments.

Another idea is that after a fellow player dies from a zombie attack, he has to get his team to shoot him to prevent from becoming a zombie (or maybe he could shoot himself if he doesn't want to become a zombie); therefore, the player can play as a regular character and not a zombie.

:beans: ぺこぺこ!

Who wants to play as a zombie? The AI sucks, so you would pretty much just die instantly.

• Like 1

Hello there

This has been suggested before and I actually like the idea. It would need a lot of work to get right and stop it being exploited but I don't think it will be implemented in the official mod or the SA.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Played this game 12 -13 years ago called Realms of Kaos. They put in a Feature called PAM - Play as Monster - where you could choose to play as one of the NPC baddies. Even allowed to pick up items players dropped on the ground when they died but could not use the items. It was kinda cool because you were never quite sure if one of the mobs was an NPC or perhaps a live player with real intelligence.

• Like 1

I would like to see dead body's turn in zombie's.(regular zombie"s) no player zed's

If you have shot somebody they can turn in 5mins or something!

could get some fun scenario's!!

This is something that goes against the already established facts about the background story for the virus and how the infection works.

• Like 3

This is something that goes against the already established facts about the background story for the virus and how the infection works.

Didn't tought about that.

*le groan* it is an infection altering the victims brain

not fricken voodoo!

It won't happen. Rocket stated(no source) that he did not want a feature like this added.

• Like 1

Hello there

I fail to see what is so bad about the idea.

Regardless of if it is "cannon" or disproved of by a dev I think it could dd to the game if figured out correctly.

Let me (and I asssume OP) know your thoughts. Dont get angry, it's just a discussion.

Rgds

LoK

EDIT: I also mean becoming an "infected" after contracting the disease, niot just after death by zed/infected.

Edited by orlok

Zombies were infected by a virus when they will still living. They didn't from the dead. That's why everyone hates this idea.

The zeds don't really show any indication that being bitten was the cause of their condition.

If the infection is airborne/waterborne the survivors have already been exposed and haven't succumbed to its effects.

This leads me to believe the survivors we control are immune, regardless of "lore" or "canon".

(This is a MUCH simplified version of the post I would've made. I got D/C twice then gave up)

Your body becoming a zombie that doesn't de-spawn would be good, high loot zombie, got to chase your gear to get it back.

arg, another "turn into zed" thread?

its up to 3 threads a day

I would like to see dead body's turn in zombie's.(regular zombie"s) no player zed's

This ^^. I'm all for a player that has been killed by a zombie turning into a npc zombie. However seeing that zombies pretty much run on instinct and have no thought process, a player controlled zombie would be unfeasable because by the very nature of the idea you are adding intelligence (sometimes:p) to something that shouldn't be intelligent. Players controlling zombies would try to flank, go prone, seek cover behind walls from incoming fire, all things that a zombie would not do. Just my two cents.

This ^^. I'm all for a player that has been killed by a zombie turning into a npc zombie. However seeing that zombies pretty much run on instinct and have no thought process, a player controlled zombie would be unfeasable because by the very nature of the idea you are adding intelligence (sometimes:p) to something that shouldn't be intelligent. Players controlling zombies would try to flank, go prone, seek cover behind walls from incoming fire, all things that a zombie would not do. Just my two cents.

Couldnt find anything about the background of the virus myself, if you have a link please share id love to read it. However my point against player controlled zombies still stands and I still dont like the idea.

Couldnt find anything about the background of the virus myself, if you have a link please share id love to read it. However my point against player controlled zombies still stands and I still dont like the idea.

Rocket stated many times in the earlier video interviews done last summer, that the zombies in this game are not dead zombies, but infected living human beings, zeds. Therefore coming back to life as a zombie after dying doesn't seem to be an option. And yes, the fact that the zeds' brain functions have degraded to the point where they act like feral animals without the ability to formulate complex tactics pretty much prevents the idea of having player controlled zeds.

• Like 1